geek19

Cannot Get Your Ship Out! August Articles!

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

I can imagine proximity mines to be fun with dangerous territories 

I'm looking forward to the Contested Outpost game where player 1 surrounds the station with a net of proximity mines pointed towards player 2's side of the table.

4 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

I'm looking forward to the Contested Outpost game where player 1 surrounds the station with a net of proximity mines pointed towards player 2's side of the table.

...  All Together now...

Gimmie a PEW

and a PEW

and a..  oh, god, how many attacks is this costing me?   Another PEW I guess....

It would be fun to build a list around putting mines on sapce wheals to deliver the playload. Something like this.

Assault: Marked For Destruction
Defense: Abandoned Mining Facility
Navigation: Dangerous Territory

MC75 Armored Cruiser (104)
• General Dodonna (20)
• Strategic Adviser (4)
• Flight Controllers (6)
• Proximity Mines (4)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• External Racks (3)
• Leading Shots (4)
• Quad Battery Turrets (5)
= 157 Points

MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63)
• Sabine Wren (4)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• External Racks (3)
• Admonition (8)
= 82 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Ezra Bridger (3)
• Comms Net (2)
= 23 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Toryn Farr (7)
• Comms Net (2)
= 27 Points

Squadrons:
• 2 x VCX-100 Freighter (30)
• Gold Squadron (12)
• Ketsu Onyo (22)
• Lando Calrissian (23)
• Shara Bey (17)
= 104 Points

Total Points: 393

Just something a threw together dont actually like dangerous territories as much but you have a small bid for second and if someone makes you go first you have so much power to leverage objectives into your favor with the mines and Stratigic. Seams fun at the very least.

1 hour ago, Snipafist said:

I don't see anything that limits the number that go off.  So the first maneuver that ends its turn in a cloud of mines lights off everything at distance 1 of them, right?

2 hours ago, Snipafist said:

Rules on mobile obstacles from RitR. You can't overlap stuff at the end of an obstacle's movement, but if you've got any tokens on you, they come along for the ride.

Do obstacles moved by Grav Shift Reroute count as mobile?  They'd be naturally obstructed, too...

1 hour ago, jbrandmeyer said:

I don't see anything that limits the number that go off.  So the first maneuver that ends its turn in a cloud of mines lights off everything at distance 1 of them, right?

Correct. Movement can trigger multiple mines. 

40 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Do obstacles moved by Grav Shift Reroute count as mobile?  They'd be naturally obstructed, too...

They do, yep. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

If you use proximity mines with grav shift you can't overlap the mines unfortunately,

Put them on a dust field, throw the dust field at your opponent.  They can try to grab tokens from my APT Kuat only if they're willing to eat mine hits they can't flak away and/or give up on flanking it.

Something like this, maybe.

Name: Untitled Fleet
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Admiral Screed

Assault: Suprise Attack
Defense: Contested Outpost
Navigation: Salvage Run

ISD Kuat Refit (112)
• Strategic Adviser (4)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• Proximity Mines (4)
• Leading Shots (4)
• Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
= 143 Points

Interdictor Suppression Refit (90)
• Admiral Screed (26)
• Captain Brunson (5)
• Auxiliary Shields Team (3)
• Proximity Mines (4)
• Grav Shift Reroute (2)
• Targeting Scrambler (5)
• Interdictor (3)
= 138 Points

Gladiator I (56)
• Admiral Ozzel (2)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Auxiliary Shields Team (3)
• Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
• Demolisher (10)
= 80 Points

Gozanti Cruisers (23)
• Hondo Ohnaka (2)
• Comms Net (2)
• Proximity Mines (4)
= 31 Points

Squadrons:
= 0 Points

Total Points: 392

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, Snipafist said:
1 hour ago, The Jabbawookie said:

They do, yep.

HKL93Fq.jpg?1

Looks like 4 points of flexibility to me.  There's a ton of objectives that are aided by mines for either P1 or P2.

Edited by jbrandmeyer

6 minutes ago, jbrandmeyer said:

HKL93Fq.jpg?1

Looks like 4 points of flexibility to me.  There's a ton of objectives that are aided by mines for either P1 or P2.

All they cost you is 4 points, an offensive retrofit slot, and your very soul.

Honestly, for a lot of people - that Offensive Slot cost is the hardest one to bear.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

All they cost you is 4 points, an offensive retrofit slot, and your very soul.

Honestly, for a lot of people - that Offensive Slot cost is the hardest one to bear.

For Rebels, sure.  Most of the Empire's ships have it open when not pushing squadrons.  The real loss is Boarding Troopers/Vader for the Kuat (which still has uses for the Weapons Team) and DCaps for the Interdictor (and the VSD2, but just don't take it and mines.)

ISD of any stripe?  Sold.  VSD1?  Sold.  Comms Net Gozanti?  Sold.  Even the Raider-1.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

2 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

For Rebels, sure.  Most of the Empire's ships have it open when not pushing squadrons.  The real loss is Boarding Troopers/Vader for the Kuat (which still has uses for the Weapons Team) and DCaps for the Interdictor (and the VSD2, but just don't take it and mines.)

ISD of any stripe?  Sold.  VSD1?  Sold.  Comms Net Gozanti?  Sold.  Even the Raider-1.

Well, as long as you're not taking some *other* new offensive Retrofit, like the Advanced Transponder Net to not be Bombed to death anymore (which is a good'un), and basically, a cornerstone of Imperial Lists recently have eithe rbeen Heavy Squadrons, or BTVenger - so really...  There's a lot of loss there.

I mean, don't get me wrong.  The *First* opportunity I have, I'm slapping it on 2 Interdictors and a Gozanti and going SSD Hunting.  But its at the cost of a lot of the Nose Punch utility, so we'll see.

I'm inherently not impressed by 1 cases.  But the situations where you can put 5-6 on the table at once, that's where you'll get my attention.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Ordnance MC75?  Sold.  Assault MC80?  Consider the Command MC80+Mines.  Mart Mattin might pair well with the Fish Farm, defensively.

I feel like one mine for 4 points isn't enough.  You're going to need to 2x mines or more to edge out the opportunity costs.

Edited by jbrandmeyer

Just now, jbrandmeyer said:

Ordnance MC75?  Sold.  Assault MC80?  Consider the Command MC80+Mines.

I feel like one mine for 4 points isn't enough.  You're going to need to 2x mines or more to edge out the opportunity costs.

I wouldn't advocate for MSU to start spamming it, but they do look like they get better the more you take (harder to destroy, harder to go around.)  Once you're bringing 4 or so cost-effectively, I expect 4 points per mine becomes okay.  Depending on what you're flying, of course.

Just now, The Jabbawookie said:

I wouldn't advocate for MSU to start spamming it, but they do look like they get better the more you take (harder to destroy, harder to go around.)  Once you're bringing 4 or so cost-effectively, I expect 4 points per mine becomes okay.  Depending on what you're flying, of course. 

I've seen MSU do all right with it. Imperials can have a lot of open OR slots with Raiders and Gozantis and if you're going LMSU, the ISD brings 2 mines itself.

Rebel MSU can do fine with it as well with Hammerheads and GR-75s and the Command Pelta brings 2 mines for dirt cheap.

12 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Soon you will witness the power of my fully operational Rebel minelaying task force. 

Assault Frigate Mk2 B (72)
• Admiral Ackbar (38)
• Proximity Mines (4)
= 121 Points

• Sabine Wren (4)
• Proximity Mines (4)
= 87 Points

• Proximity Mines (4)
= 83 Points

• Proximity Mines (4)
= 83 Points

Squadrons:
• Mart Mattin (22)
= 22 Points

Total Points: 396

Posted (edited)

https://cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2019/08/imperial-rogues-villains-aces-from.html

Imperial R&V aces from RitR.

Edit: I'm inordinately proud of Moralo Eval Green Goblin Tom Morello's caption:

Moralo%2BEval.jpg
Rally round tha tokens, pocket full of shells.
Edited by Snipafist

55 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

https://cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2019/08/imperial-rogues-villains-aces-from.html

Imperial R&V aces from RitR.

Edit: I'm inordinately proud of Moralo Eval Green Goblin Tom Morello's caption:

Moralo%2BEval.jpg
Rally round tha tokens, pocket full of shells.

I do remember Jack playing a game with him and Konstantine in "Instanbul's on Parade."

@TallGiraffe It was pretty solid but for the points I like Captain Brunson better.  Obviously she can only be in one place, but she'd be the first thing I reach for. Other then that it was pretty handy for reducing incoming damage from the b-wing apocalypse (spoilers: Harrow still died to the 6 bwings sustained attack). 

In sector fleet, I like the idea of a trailer Harrow VSD2 with PE feeding an SSD shields and taking some long range shots at things.

1 minute ago, Rikash said:

@TallGiraffe It was pretty solid but for the points I like Captain Brunson better.  Obviously she can only be in one place, but she'd be the first thing I reach for. Other then that it was pretty handy for reducing incoming damage from the b-wing apocalypse (spoilers: Harrow still died to the 6 bwings sustained attack). 

In sector fleet, I like the idea of a trailer Harrow VSD2 with PE feeding an SSD shields and taking some long range shots at things.

Yea but you can’t use Brunson more than once. I think EST is a good option.