geek19

Cannot Get Your Ship Out! August Articles!

13 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

You guys plan out what you're going to do rather than writing in mad fever dreams?

Insanity.

We've got a shared Google keep list and everything, we're on the cutting edge of five years ago!

On 8/9/2019 at 12:19 PM, Snipafist said:

I know the page in question, but that rules snippet only applies when you're moving an obstacle toward something, which 2 of the 3 purrgil objectives do not do. I'd really appreciate an FAQ on this one because it's not clearly enough spelled out for me.

And you're welcome!

If you really can't overlap anything at the end position, it sounds like hyperspace migration is a speed-1 follow-the-leader (speed zero first turn?).  Alternatively, some squadrons could easily muck up the migration and stop the flow of points.

53 minutes ago, jbrandmeyer said:

If you really can't overlap anything at the end position, it sounds like hyperspace migration is a speed-1 follow-the-leader (speed zero first turn?).  Alternatively, some squadrons could easily muck up the migration and stop the flow of points.

Actually there's a segment before that that clears it all up - obstacles can't ever end a movement overlapping anything (squads, ships, tokens, other obstacles). Missed it on my first flip-through. You could get in the way of the whales with squads but given they could flip around and whatnot it's possible for them to hop individual squads unless you place them very carefully.

53 minutes ago, jbrandmeyer said:

How big are the new obstacles?  I've been doing some setup testing and assuming that the rift is about the same size as the station; is that about right?

Fairly big. Gravity rift is bigger than the station. Purrgils are like fat dust clouds. The exogorths are lumpy but about the same size as small asteroids.

https://cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2019/08/yellow-defense-objectives-rebellion-in.html

Final article wrapping up all the RitR objectives. Yellow has some interesting choices and I'm glad to feel like I've got more options if I'm not running Strategic (I'm getting bored of Contested Outpost, but it's often the best call in those circumstances).

33 minutes ago, geek19 said:

https://cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2019/08/gencon-analysis.html

I heard you guys wanted to read about the data from GenCon...

Good writeup.  And I agree with most of your analysis. 

Not sure I’d count Gold and Saber as aces though.  They are unique, but I feel like the defense tokens are more important for true aces.

Also pretty sure the winning fleet had Strat Adviser   

1 hour ago, shmitty said:

Good writeup.  And I agree with most of your analysis. 

Not sure I’d count Gold and Saber as aces though.  They are unique, but I feel like the defense tokens are more important for true aces.

Also pretty sure the winning fleet had Strat Adviser   

I don't recall it being in there and certainly didn't frustrate me that I had to keep pushing GRs forwards.

Fixed it in the data, the sheet weirdly didn't like "the winner" for some reason.  As for Aces, I blame whoever wrote the program, as I just mooched it for inputting.  Worth considering again when we get to Regionals I suppose?

“If you deploy proximity mines on top of a mobile obstacle (like a purrgil, or any obstacles that move due to the objective), the mine moves along with it. You can use this to deliver mines a bit more aggressively than their inherent method.”

This is completely awesome, but what’s the source?

19 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

“If you deploy proximity mines on top of a mobile obstacle (like a purrgil, or any obstacles that move due to the objective), the mine moves along with it. You can use this to deliver mines a bit more aggressively than their inherent method.”

This is completely awesome, but what’s the source?

Rules on mobile obstacles from RitR. You can't overlap stuff at the end of an obstacle's movement, but if you've got any tokens on you, they come along for the ride.