rbaker1978

Any news about this at the In Flight report?

I'm afraid I can already guess the answer. And with a new LCG line coming on, I'm also afraid they might decide to remove an older one from their catalog.

(Note: I'm not an "it's all ending" kind of guy. But this and Imperial Assault are my two games and neither of them gets much notice any more.)

54 minutes ago, rbaker1978 said:

I'm afraid I can already guess the answer. And with a new LCG line coming on, I'm also afraid they might decide to remove an older one from their catalog.

(Note: I'm not an "it's all ending" kind of guy. But this and Imperial Assault are my two games and neither of them gets much notice any more.)

Pretty much no news at the in-flight report. That said, I don't think that we've had anything from there for the last few years.

We certainly have another cycle on the way, though.  The new deluxe released today, and the first pack of the cycle has already been announced.

And given the account of turnaround time it takes for a cycle to go from planning to release, I expect there's at least another cycle in the game after this.

Honestly, though, if this does turn out to be the last cycle, the game is in a good place for it.

(Also, there's still a bunch of nightmare stuff left to make, so we have product for quite some time.)

4 hours ago, rbaker1978 said:

Long yet will that march be delayed. Gondor wanes, you say. But Gondor stands, and even the end of its strength is still very strong.

At 1:25:29 in this video, someone asked Andrew Navarro if The Lord of the Rings LCG was going to be complete after the conclusion of the Shadows in the East cycle.

Andrew's reply: "We'll have more to say about Lord of the Rings and the future of that next year." 

So I guess we'll find out whether we get another cycle, the line ends, or the game gets rebooted sometime in 2020.

18 hours ago, Freeman said:

Long yet will that march be delayed. Gondor wanes, you say. But Gondor stands, and even the end of its strength is still very strong.

Heck yes one of the most badass lines ever! 

And just make sure no one buys Marvel and keep selling out LOTR everywhere haha.

FFG did something different this year with the product they offered for sale at Gencon. Instead of creating a mini "store" in the center of their area, with shelves and peghooks of product, they distributed catalogs of product to those in line and took orders at the register. An associate would then go behind the curtain and come back with the required product.

There are pros and cons with this system, but I mention it here because there was no product offered for the LotR LCG. I was disappointed, as I was hoping to pick up a couple blister packs that I have not been able to find through an online retailer. I assume the reason has to do with limited space and the necessity to prioritize the new hotness. It still sends a message that FFG doesn't consider LotR as important a part of their overall games portfolio as they once did.

Does anyone know when the FFG license to make boardgames for LotR expires? I doubt they would have created Journies of it was close to expiring, but it could indicate just how close to sunset the LCG might be. 

It seems like a good place to end the game to be honest, but I hope they at least continue releasing reprints for a bit. Do others know what the precedent is for that? Did Star Wars LCG continue getting reprints for a bit after it was discontinued?