i59m6wjc5yw11.jpg

I came over here after watching EckhartsLadder, and I must say that I like both ships a lot. It's very cool that FFG got to create the official look of the Starhawk, and the Onager has an interesting crossbow aesthetic to it. In particular I wonder if the Onager is a test for special weapons, because Star Wars has plenty of those...

latest?cb=20141206190511

latest?cb=20170925003110

19 minutes ago, Piratical Moustache said:

It's very cool that FFG got to create the official look of the Starhawk,

Nobody said that FFG created the model for the Starhawk.

2 minutes ago, LordCola said:

Nobody said that FFG created the model for the Starhawk.

Yeah, they've now had two places to do it - the announcement presentation and the initial article - where BOTH times they commented on that for the Raider...and nothing.

Odds even - based on the blocky/angular design, to the color scheme - this shows up in the 'Resistance' cartoon series shortly.

10 hours ago, Piratical Moustache said:

It's very cool that FFG got to create the official look of the Starhawk

According to Leland Chee on Twitter, FFG didn't design the Starhawk. Lucasfilm "had an existing design" (which is presumably code for "has a design ready for something new, perhaps Rise of Skywalker, but can't tell us what") and FFG used that.

Thoughts on the new "salvo" token?

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/8/1/a-new-age-of-battle/

Here is the description:

Spending a salvo defense token allows a ship to perform a salvo attack after the Resolve Damage step of an attack, returning your assailant’s fire shot for shot. 

So is that basically a "back at you bro" mechanic where you just pick up the dice and roll them again?

Let's hope there is nothing that allows this to be fitted on small ships...

4 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Thoughts on the new "salvo" token?

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/8/1/a-new-age-of-battle/

Here is the description:

Spending a salvo defense token allows a ship to perform a salvo attack after the Resolve Damage step of an attack, returning your assailant’s fire shot for shot. 

So is that basically a "back at you bro" mechanic where you just pick up the dice and roll them again?

Let's hope there is nothing that allows this to be fitted on small ships...

I think that since it’s after the defense token step, it is whatever damage you took. So if you braced 12 damage to 6 then you salvo 6 back.  

12 minutes ago, Packerman29 said:

I think that since it’s after the defense token step, it is whatever damage you took. So if you braced 12 damage to 6 then you salvo 6 back.  

That was my reading of it too, for a moment, then another part of the article made me think otherwise.  I reckon it's another instance of poorly written article.  I don't think it can be an automatic "you suffer whatever I suffered", that would be too powerful.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

That was my reading of it too, for a moment, then another part of the article made me think otherwise.  I reckon it's another instance of poorly written article.  I don't think it can be an automatic "you suffer whatever I suffered", that would be too powerful.

I was reading elsewhete on the forums that the reading so far of Kyrsta Agate OFFICER is that it is an actual attack of some sort, and additionally inferred that you can’t do critical hits during one, because the Crit she adds specifically goes on to tell you that you can use it.

at least as far as you can read half a card 😁

Edited by Drasnighta

Maybe Salvo builds your dice pool from what is available on your attacked arc that matches the initial attack. Also, you can only return fire from the attacked arc into the original firing arc. Example; an Arquitens attacks from it's front arc into an MC80 side arc at medium range. The MC80 can only Salvo a blue and red in return from the side arc into the front of the Arquitens instead of it's full battery.

Option 2 Salvo has a set dice pool and mechanic similar to Counter on squadrons.  

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, codytx2 said:

Maybe Salvo builds your dice pool from what is available on your attacked arc that matches the initial attack. Also, you can only return fire from the attacked arc into the original firing arc. Example; an Arquitens attacks from it's front arc into an MC80 side arc at medium range. The MC80 can only Salvo a blue and red in return from the side arc into the front of the Arquitens instead of it's full battery.

Option 2 Salvo has a set dice pool and mechanic similar to Counter on squadrons.  

Or just let’s the hull zone that was hit a chance to fire back with its dice pool

Edited by starbat861

28 minutes ago, ArmaggedonPSA said:

This just has to be it, I don't understand any other theory. 

The "shot for shot" is likely just an expression and not intended as a reference to the exact rule.

Also very likely. If there is an upgrade to add Salvo to other/multiple ships General Tagge is going to be fun to use. 

54 minutes ago, codytx2 said:

Also very likely. If there is an upgrade to add Salvo to other/multiple ships General Tagge is going to be fun to use. 

Plot twist! General tagge becomes one of the most aggressive commanders! 

9 hours ago, mazz0 said:

Agreed, that would be game-breaking. Imagine a flotilla getting slayed...then rolling 10 dice in a return salvo. 

You've got to think their are limitations here.

I'm thinking probably similar to "counter" but for ships. Can only return fire from the arc that's taking damage, limited to dice in that Hull zone's pool etc

45 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Agreed, that would be game-breaking. Imagine a flotilla getting slayed...then rolling 10 dice in a return salvo. 

You've got to think their are limitations here.

I'm thinking probably similar to "counter" but for ships. Can only return fire from the arc that's taking damage, limited to dice in that Hull zone's pool etc

Maybe its even more like counter and its a specific amount of dice (per ship size maybe?).

I feel like it is the counter to getting last/first-ed. And for some reason my mind/gut is saying it’s whatever arc gets shot gets to retaliate with everything in appropriate range. So you shoot a MC80 in the side with Demo at close range you get the whole side arc back at you. Longe range Arq-kitten though just has red coming back at it.

it would naturally need some restrictions, seems like you can’t resolve critical effects and maybe it uses up one of your shots for the ship’s next activation. Otherwise, a Lib with that token could get like 4 front arc shots off by burning the token and having gunnery teams. 

That doesn’t seem OP to me, just a chance to get that shot off when you parked something near death’s door in a dangerous place. And helps mitigate the activation game and 1st player advantage, albeit at a cost.