Sign in to follow this  
stuh42asl

My SSD is now in my evil hands!!!!!!

Well the Logistics Branch has just delivered the Executor to my base.............after taking off the trillions of packing beads, and thousands of miles of packing wrap, my command crew boarded her and enjoy the new ship smell......... Joy was heard all round even Vader cracked a smile..................well sorta....

I left work early yesterday to pick mine up at my FLGS at 4 pm. When I got there they told me I was the last preorder to come in and pick up the SSD. Haha, we're all bunch of addicts I guess.

17 hours ago, stuh42asl said:

Well the Logistics Branch has just delivered the Executor to my base.............after taking off the trillions of packing beads, and thousands of miles of packing wrap, my command crew boarded her and enjoy the new ship smell......... Joy was heard all round even Vader cracked a smile..................well sorta....

Darth Vader Smiles.jpg

I just picked mine up at my local FLGS. I seem to be the only one who ordered one!! And yes, I felt nervous taking the SSD out of the blister!! Also, I just realized the number tokens for the ship are 24...like the size of the ship. Coincidence? Now to painting the sucker!

I had trouble getting it out of the blister, but I think that was due to the catches on the back of the wings (sort of parallel to the bridge). A a flat wedge you should be able to pop the catches on one side and then rotate it out, but you've got to deal with those extra ones first.

Does need some kind of painting, though. Not sure what would be best; either dry-brushing or washing a darker colour onto the superstructure, and maybe adding some colour for lights?

1 hour ago, CDAT said:

My first one showed up today, just waiting on the rest to show up.

Ironically I can only afford the one at this time. I have always purchased at least two of every expansion (except CC) since the beginning. I have to focus on getting the two new expansions this Christmas!

Oh, and I figured out the real delay for the release of the SSD: they needed to make sure an A-Wing fits crashing into the bridge of the SSD! It does, I checked👍