TheHoosh

Manufactured Might

2 minutes ago, bwingstrike said:

High Velocity would make sense

I was thinking high explosive which is generally what vehicles use against infantry but high velocity works

1 minute ago, chr335 said:

I was thinking high explosive which is generally what vehicles use against infantry but high velocity works

Looking at the picture again it looks more like an E than a V so you may be right. The image is so blurry when I zoom in its hard to tell!

1 hour ago, bwingstrike said:

Looking at the picture again it looks more like an E than a V so you may be right. The image is so blurry when I zoom in its hard to tell!

I think the card name might be High-E.... but the ability is High Velocity.

My guess on Cycle is those cards exhaust. But if you don't attack with them for an activation, they auto recover. 

"At the end of your... if you did not use this..." from the B2 preview.

With Aayla and Plo Koon as pilots, we won't be seeing them as models any time soon. Interesting that all 6 pilots are vehicle specific versus Rebel and Imperial pilots being interchangeable. 

Just for future speculation: Hailfire Droids are 8.5m in height/depth. As the AAT is bigger, I'd guess there's a chance of seeing Hailfires in the game.

Oh, and Vulture Droids as well... they're pretty small (a bit longer than the Snowspeeder)

I can't tell you all how excited I am for Rex.  Sooooo looking forward to running him, both as Rex in Phase II armor, and Alpha in phase I.  It'll be weird going from playing the Imp Generic Commander almost exclusively to having a commander that can actually fight and sometimes kill stuff.

I like the Saber tank, though I am concerned that it has weak sides and rear.  The rear I understand, but sides too?  Why? 

4 hours ago, Weikel said:

I think the card name might be High-E.... but the ability is High Velocity.

My guess on Cycle is those cards exhaust. But if you don't attack with them for an activation, they auto recover. 

"At the end of your... if you did not use this..." from the B2 preview.

With Aayla and Plo Koon as pilots, we won't be seeing them as models any time soon. Interesting that all 6 pilots are vehicle specific versus Rebel and Imperial pilots being interchangeable. 

Well from the blurb in the article, could cycle allow you to switch from one ordnance type to another?

and a variety of new ordnance allows Republic commanders to equip this tank with the shells that fit their exact battle plan.

12 minutes ago, Rebel-Smuggler said:

Well from the blurb in the article, could cycle allow you to switch from one ordnance type to another?

and a variety of new ordnance allows Republic commanders to equip this tank with the shells that fit their exact battle plan.

Seems unlikely as one of the B2 heavy weapons also has Cycle.

10 minutes ago, Rebel-Smuggler said:

I think that just means there are 3 Ordnance upgrade cards to choose from. Unless Cycle allows you to flip the card over to another configuration. Don't use the weapon for a turn and flip it to another config for free.

The B2-HA upgrade is a liability. If the B2's are at range 3, they use an activation on one shot with everyone else standing around.

3 minutes ago, Weikel said:

I think that just means there are 3 Ordnance upgrade cards to choose from. Unless Cycle allows you to flip the card over to another configuration. Don't use the weapon for a turn and flip it to another config for free.

The B2-HA upgrade is a liability. If the B2's are at range 3, they use an activation on one shot with everyone else standing around.

That's not actually correct, it has a solid dice pool and blast and likely nets at least as many hits as any other core trying to shoot through heavy cover. It can also just be used at R2 along with the rest of the squad to ignore cover.

Obviously cost will make or break it, but if it does unexhaust for not using it and the price is right, it could easily be a staple.

4 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Then by that logic the dlt 19 for the stormtroopers and the dc15 for the phase 1 clone troopers are liabilities

13 minutes ago, chr335 said:

Then by that logic the dlt 19 for the stormtroopers and the dc15 for the phase 1 clone troopers are liabilities

I think he meant because it forces your first action to be an attack. I dont know how much of a problem it will really be though, with them being droid troopers and so you can get them with the chain of B1s you have.

44 minutes ago, Rebel-Smuggler said:

I think Cycle just lets you automatically untap a card after a turn of not using it. Basically, how the grenade and missile launcher cards should probably have worked from the beginning.

2 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

I like the Saber tank, though I am concerned that it has weak sides and rear.  The rear I understand, but sides too?  Why? 

I think it's because there trying to sell the saber tank as a faster more manoeuvrable attack craft so what it gains in speed it loses in armor

1 hour ago, Steck638 said:

I think he meant because it forces your first action to be an attack. I dont know how much of a problem it will really be though, with them being droid troopers and so you can get them with the chain of B1s you have.

Yup, that was my thought, without an order token, they're firing just the one gun if no targets are in range 2. If it does exhaust, it would require a recover action to fire the HA in the next turn if you got into range 2. As you said, it would just have to be mitigated with orders and B1 chains when engaging the enemy.

16 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Yup, that was my thought, without an order token, they're firing just the one gun if no targets are in range 2. If it does exhaust, it would require a recover action to fire the HA in the next turn if you got into range 2. As you said, it would just have to be mitigated with orders and B1 chains when engaging the enemy.

Or LOS blocking, stalling their activation until you can shoot something, or by giving then a coms upgrade of your choice to issue them an order or put them in range. I do t really see AI: as that  ad of a trade off because there are so many ways to get around it. Itll probably catch us unawares the first couple games then we will all be used to it and know how to play around it.

11 hours ago, chr335 said:

Also both tanks come with 3 "ordnance" cards bunker buster, armor piercing, and high something

Pretty much 99% positive the three options are going to be the following.

1. "Bunker Buster" [high explosive shell]

2. Armor-piercing shell.

3. High energy shell.

I have a sweet picture of the source material but cant upload.

It's literally straight from

"Star Wars Complete Cross-Sections,

The spacecraft and vehicles of the entire star wars saga" 2007 [in others as well]

pages 38-39 [AAT (Battle Tank)] 

Absolutely love the detail in that one 

15 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

From what I can see "Bunker Buster" is Blast & Scatter, AP is Impact, and High Energy is Critical & High Velocity, all are Cycle and Fixed: Front. 

Actually I don't see Fixed Front on High Energy's card. Just Critical, Cycle, and High Velocity.

Posted (edited)

Ah, you're right, I don't see it. It probably does on the hidden part unless there's some good justification for it, but that could be interesting. 

To put on my munitions hat, we can pretty evenly see what they are all for. Buster is an anti-personnel thing, shreds cover, moves units. AP is just for Armor, with impact for guaranteed damage, probably got a good dice pool. HE is then the middle of the road, High Velocity and Critical means it's not a guarantee, but it will beat defensive measures like Cover, Armor and Dodges all at once, just not as good as say, Blast or Impact does. I expect there's probably gonna be an Ion one in future too. Very curious on what they'll do for GCW to eventually give them access to this Ordnance. Hopefully we get to see some of the rebel or imperial tank designs later. But I like they aren't unit-locked, because it means future card packs and models can come with new ones, where as Hardpoints, Crew, etc are kind of hard to back patch. 

Edited by UnitOmega