Jump to content
TheHoosh

Manufactured Might

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

23ZX4Vc.png

Not an exact science but pixel wise they seem a smidge taller, and they are naturally quite big boys, about 2 meters tall. I do think the legs are actually poseable though, so you can have them crouch or squat if you want them too?

Lol that works. 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So Dooku's 3 pip lets him perform a speed 2 move with a trooper unit after he attacks it at range. I wonder if that stacks with scatter, doing a speed 1 then speed 2 movement with a trooper unit. If so, I'm going to combine this with push for maximum yeeting potential.

Edit: NVM, just realized scatter doesn't do a speed 1 move to the target. Boo.

Edited by thepopemobile100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

So Dooku's 3 pip lets him perform a speed 2 move with a trooper unit after he attacks it at range. I wonder if that stacks with scatter, doing a speed 1 then speed 2 movement with a trooper unit. If so, I'm going to combine this with push for maximum yeeting potential.

Edit: NVM, just realized scatter doesn't do a speed 1 move to the target. Boo.

Yeah, Scatter is already too powerful in my opinion. The fact that it’s keyed to an attack and isn’t tappable. Even Force Push taps. It’s power will be very noticeable to units with white defence dice that rely on cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I believe so. I see no reason why it wouldn't stack.

It cannot stack because you move the moment the unit hit the board. And Scouting party dont let you move again.

If you dont use it, you can move with scouting party later but your own scout 1 doesnt trigger in that moment, so no scout 3 either way.

 

Rex can use his card "we are not programmed" to give himself and two (technically three but you need only two) other units an order token to unleash a potentially devastating attack with gunslinger, sharpshooter 1, surge to crit and both attacks supported by his Phase 1/2 clones.

Edited by EinVoegleinImWind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

That movement notch on the side is really perking my curiosity. 

Yeah, I wonder why they didn’t include Strafe in the RRG update?

It might explain the side notches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rex and Dooku have pretty early SKUs, they were probably designed about the same time as the initial batch, the second blob of Cores and Heavies may have been designed later (their numbers start after Luke & Vader V2) and thus their keywords were not fully fleshed out by this update. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

I'd imagine so.

Yep I just looked up the rules. Scout does stack. It seems like Recon Intel is a must on him.

 

Also, it’s important to note that Tactical 1 also affects Rex during his scout movement so he starts the game with an Aim Token (rulebook has been updated).

Edited by R3dReVenge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

Yep I just looked up the rules. Scout does stack. It seems like Recon Intel is a must on him.

 

Also, it’s important to note that Tactical 1 also affects Rex during his scout movement so he starts the game with an Aim Token (rulebook has been updated).

Unless his 1 pip is some kind of orbital bombardment like Leia’s (no reason it couldn’t), it’s unlikely he’ll be attacking with range 2, but I guess it could help his fellow clones. Actually Rex could get 3 aims the first round and as long as other troopers are in range one, Rex can pass them off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Unless his 1 pip is some kind of orbital bombardment like Leia’s (no reason it couldn’t), it’s unlikely he’ll be attacking with range 2, but I guess it could help his fellow clones. Actually Rex could get 3 aims the first round and as long as other troopers are in range one, Rex can pass them off.

I was planning on letting the other troopers use his aim token since he is a trooper. That works right?

How could Rex get 3 aim tokens?

Also, Rex with Hunter gets 2 aim tokens for a single action. This could be pretty valuable as a way to hand off tokens.

Edit: Ahhh, if he moves twice, then he gets 2 additional aim tokens.

Edited by R3dReVenge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

I was planning on letting the other troopers use his aim token since he is a trooper. That works right?

How could Rex get 3 aim tokens?

Also, Rex with Hunter gets 2 aim tokens for a single action. This could be pretty valuable as a way to hand off tokens.

Edit: Ahhh, if he moves twice, then he gets 2 additional aim tokens.

Exactly, Rex gets one aim from moving from Scout, one aim for doing a second move, then he could move again or just do an aim. It may mean he’s just an aim battery for the rest of your troops, but it may not be advantageous to get him close enough where he can fire at range 2 on round 1. The return fire could remove him from the table cause you had to move him too far to get to range 2. Just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Exactly, Rex gets one aim from moving from Scout, one aim for doing a second move, then he could move again or just do an aim. It may mean he’s just an aim battery for the rest of your troops, but it may not be advantageous to get him close enough where he can fire at range 2 on round 1. The return fire could remove him from the table cause you had to move him too far to get to range 2. Just a thought.

Yea I really like the flexibly that Rex provides. I bet him with aggressive tactics + recon intel becomes a competitive staple for Republic lists @102 cost. 

Also, important to note that aggressive tactics synergies well with his 3 pip card since it gives order tokens to 4 troopers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

But then if you gave those units Recon Intel as well, would they have Scout 3?

No. The timing doesnt work out. Scouting Party triggers when Rex is deployed and you can only choose units that did not perform a scout move yet. The choosen units also perform the scout move using the scout value of Rex. For reference:

"The scouting party x keyword allows especially skilled scouts to lead a small band of troopers into a forward position. After a unit with the scouting party x keyword uses the scout keyword, it may choose up to x friendly trooper units at range 1–2 that have not performed a move using the scout keyword. Each chosen unit may perform a move with a speed equal to x, where x is the scout x value of the unit with the scouting party keyword. " (from the new Rules Reference)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Decarior said:

No. The timing doesnt work out. Scouting Party triggers when Rex is deployed and you can only choose units that did not perform a scout move yet. The choosen units also perform the scout move using the scout value of Rex. For reference:

"The scouting party x keyword allows especially skilled scouts to lead a small band of troopers into a forward position. After a unit with the scouting party x keyword uses the scout keyword, it may choose up to x friendly trooper units at range 1–2 that have not performed a move using the scout keyword. Each chosen unit may perform a move with a speed equal to x, where x is the scout x value of the unit with the scouting party keyword. " (from the new Rules Reference)

Good catch and too bad. Well we can still give Rex Scout 2, which give Scout 2 to two others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...