TheHoosh

Manufactured Might

2 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

I guess you guys haven’t played the Rebel faction huh? Par for the course.

I play rebels right now actually and have done well for myself in my area. The prospect of surgeless fleet troopers with two extra HP and worse light cover for more points really isn't something I find appetizing.

Can you tell what Field Commander says? Way too blurry for me.👵🏻

Yeah, I tried to read it earlier - I think it read something like "after playing a command card this unit may be nominated as a commander". 

2 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I'm not sure, but it seems that if your commander gets defeated, you can nominate the unit with field commander

1 minute ago, UnitOmega said:

Yeah, I tried to read it earlier - I think it read something like "after playing a command card this unit may be nominated as a commander". 

1 minute ago, thepopemobile100 said:

If you play a generic command card you can issue an order from the field commander.

Cool! Thanks guys.

11 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I play rebels right now actually and have done well for myself in my area. The prospect of surgeless fleet troopers with two extra HP and worse light cover for more points really isn't something I find appetizing.

am I missing something, just because they have armor 1 does not mean they can't get cover since they are still troopers. I think if anything in this case armor 1 would be better that innate light cover for the droids, I know they can be vulnerable to impact, but nothing can be perfect

30 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

I love that Rex is 90 points. I totally thought he was going to be over 100. Also has anyone noticed Rex’s 3 pip gives 4 troopers an order token?

Can anyone make out Aayla Secura’s card?

It looks like the Saber tank comes with a new slot type.

The Phase 2 clones are soooo expensive, but to start each turn with a surge and have courage 2 is sweet!

Im glad Dooku is expensive cause he is really good. I think Scatter May be broken. Just my opinion, get over it.

The B2s are dam good. 2 health each with armour 1. Why are people complaining about the unit price? You have seen the unit price of the Phase 2 clones, right?

The AAT looks good, but you better not let anyone get behind, Weakpoint 2 is pretty hard core.

They are complaining about the unit price because the model count is 3, so 16 points each.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I’m glad you’ve done well with Rebels, but you have to see that the CIS droids are all going to be somewhat useless, unless they’re in large numbers.

As far as the point cost, I think they may be 40, not 48, but FF has done this before with these not so clear first pics. I hate that they do that.🙄

But at 40 points that’s not bad and you can get 6 of them easily, or a combo of other droids. They do seem to have a decent Heavy that’s range 2-3, Blast and Impact 2 (I have no idea about Cycle) 2R1W.

Edit: Just noticed the 5th trooper priced at 16, so they are 48. 

Edited by JediPartisan

2 minutes ago, TheHoosh said:

am I missing something, just because they have armor 1 does not mean they can't get cover since they are still troopers. I think if anything in this case armor 1 would be better that innate light cover for the droids, I know they can be vulnerable to impact, but nothing can be perfect

Droid Troopers don't get cover from Suppression. On the other hand, they cannot be Suppressed, only Panicked, so big chungus here can keep on trucking until they hit Suppression 4. Unless, of course, somebody actually took Ion.

Also, double posting, but I want to say taking the time to look at them, this is I think the first instance of like, big disparity between two opposing faction releases. Phase II troopers are much more akin to Vets or Shoretroopers in that they are experienced and upgraded "normal" clones, with added Training, etc. B2s are a heavier infantry option, but are still CQC focused similar to how Snow and Fleet troopers are. But they also come with some unique Droid comms upgrade which has something to do with Commanders and Operatives. The AAT and TX-130 are much more similar in terms of unit type. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, SpiderMana said:

I still haven't gotten to play Legion at all, but I feel like it's notable that Dooku has Master of the Force 2, and I don't think I've seen that mentioned.

Is that not a big deal?

The Emperor has MoTF 2. Old hat.😁

Edit: Dont get me wrong, it’s good, we’ve just seen it before.

Edited by JediPartisan

5 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Droid Troopers don't get cover from Suppression. On the other hand, they cannot be Suppressed, only Panicked, so big chungus here can keep on trucking until they hit Suppression 4. Unless, of course, somebody actually took Ion.

I'm talking about normal means of cover, barricades, forests etc... I know about how they are affected by supression

1 minute ago, TheHoosh said:

I'm talking about normal means of cover, barricades, forests etc... I know about how they are affected by supression

Wait, you know they still can have up to cover 2, just like any other trooper.

On top of that they get Armour 1, which means they ignore the first regular hit (all others get through).

And they don’t get cover from Suppression like UnitOmega mentioned.

Just now, JediPartisan said:

Wait, you know they still can have up to cover 2, just like any other trooper.

On top of that they get Armour 1, which means they ignore the first regular hit (all others get through).

And they don’t get cover from Suppression like UnitOmega mentioned.

exactly so I think in many circumstances this is better than innate light cover, which others are saying is worse. Yes watch out for impact weapons but having armor 1 and a heavy weapon that includes blast may make them better than they appear at first sight.

11 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

I’m glad you’ve done well with Rebels, but you have to see that the CIS droids are all going to be somewhat useless, unless they’re in large numbers.

As far as the point cost, I think they may be 40, not 48, but FF has done this before with these not so clear first pics. I hate that they do that.🙄

But at 40 points that’s not bad and you can get 6 of them easily, or a combo of other droids. They do seem to have a decent Heavy that’s range 2-3, Blast and Impact 2 (I have no idea about Cycle) 2R1W.

Edit: Just noticed the 5th trooper priced at 16, so they are 48. 

(On phone so I have to select the whole post)

I get where you're coming from. I'm well aware that the droids need the numbers, which is why I'm not so keen on the B2s. For the full five droid unit you're looking at costs that probably exceed most SF units in the game now, but in a Corp unit. I know that they very well may be incredible and I just don't see it yet, but I have a hard time justifying that cost.

7 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

The Emperor has MoTF 2. Old hat.😁

Aaah fair enough. I only checked Vader for reference.

Yoda will probably have it... maybe Mace? No other likely candidates come to mind offhand.

B2 seems solid but no auto-include which is always good. 1b/1w no surge is very comparable damage output to Fleet troopers for 4 more points but with more total health and armor 1. Though they have a worse armor save, heavy cover + armor 1 will always cancel 3 hits. But then we have no experience playing CIS  yet. With Coordinate and many ways to generate surge tokens its hard to evalute B2s from this preview only. 

Just now, thepopemobile100 said:

I get where you're coming from. I'm well aware that the droids need the numbers, which is why I'm not so keen on the B2s. For the full five droid unit you're looking at costs that probably exceed most SF units in the game now, but in a Corp unit. I know that they very well may be incredible and I just don't see it yet, but I have a hard time justifying that cost.

The cost for me is the big problem not getting cover from suppression is fine for me since they get the added bonus of not being suppressed which actually is quite helpful in practice. But ya the cost of this unit is the big concern

Wait, how can you tell they’re tall?

23ZX4Vc.png

Not an exact science but pixel wise they seem a smidge taller, and they are naturally quite big boys, about 2 meters tall. I do think the legs are actually poseable though, so you can have them crouch or squat if you want them too?

2 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

That’s fair.😁

3 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Aaah fair enough. I only checked Vader for reference.

Yoda will probably have it... maybe Mace? No other likely candidates come to mind offhand.

Too true. We haven’t seen a light side unit with it yet though.