DarthSempai

Major Vonreg's Tie Interceptor

On 8/7/2019 at 6:51 AM, Okapi said:

Possibly, but I'd wager this is why the TIE Interceptor and Rebel A-Wing see so little play, and why Turr Phennir and Jake Farrell are much less useful than, say, Mace Windu. The 'designed to work with blue dial' design philosophy forces you to either a) be supremely predictable, or b) not use your ability at all, unless you know exactly where your opponent will be.

The TIE Striker, Aethersprite, Resistance A-Wing and now TIE/ba are all much better designs.

If the Non-Soontir Interceptors were priced anywhere close to where they should be, you’d be seeing quite a bit more of them.

A-Wings are actually very good and do see quite a lot of play. Maybe the generics could drop a tad, but there are no fundamental faults with either chassis.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, StriderZessei said:

1. I'm just now realizing how great the synergy will be with Kylo Ren's ability and the new Mag-Pulse Warheads. 

2. I'm really hopeful Rush will be an affordable i6 to run with Vonreg and QD, albeit probably with few upgrades. An actual triple aces list is something I've been dying to run with FO.

3. I'm going to stick with Outmaneuver on Vonreg, simply because I hate how scummy it feels when intentionally falling an action to token stack with Composure. 

1. Agreed. It's going to make for some tough decisions on what to spend his Force on.

2. I'm thinking Rush might be I1 or I2 because there are no named Silencer pilots at the low initiatives.

3. I'm leaning towards Outmaneuver too but I'm not above being scummy and testing out the Composure shenanigans. 😛

Edited by DXCrazytrain

2 hours ago, StriderZessei said:

2. I'm really hopeful Rush will be an affordable i6 to run with Vonreg and QD, albeit probably with few upgrades. An actual triple aces list is something I've been dying to run with FO.

Trip FO Aces is possibly:

“Midnight” (43)
Predator (2)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Afterburners (6)

“Quickdraw” (45)
Fanatical (2)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Special Forces Gunner (10)
Fire-Control System (2)
Afterburners (6)

“Blackout” (63)
Fanatical (2)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Total: 196

For no bid, go naked Kylo over blackout. I would love Kylo, and then Vonreg kitted out over Quickdraw here leaving room for a bid. The list above is good. My brother has been running different variants of it and man is it tough. Midnight is no joke, and people forget how brutal his power is.

58 minutes ago, wurms said:

“Midnight” (43)
Predator (2)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Afterburners (6)

“Quickdraw” (45)
Fanatical (2)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Fire-Control System (2)
Afterburners (6)

“Blackout” (63)
Fanatical (2)
Pattern Analyzer (5)

For no bid, go naked Kylo over blackout. I would love Kylo, and then Vonreg kitted out over Quickdraw here leaving room for a bid. The list above is good. My brother has been running different variants of it and man is it tough. Midnight is no joke, and people forget how brutal his power is.

I must be old-fashioned, because I define aces as exclusively, 'i6 arc-dodgers,' lol.

Posted (edited)

I think as jedi aces builds become more popular so will midnight.  He does better when people are running 3 ships it's just harder to focus fire him.   He just isn't as easy to use in 2nd, no way to store the evade and juke.... 

On the topic of aces I agree with strider.  To be honest I do not consider quickdraw an ace I think of her as a brawler.   I think 5 can be aces like Kylor or  guri for example....

Edited by reqent

40 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

I must be old-fashioned, because I define aces as exclusively, 'i6 arc-dodgers,' lol.

That leaves basically 4 aces in the game (Soontir, Fenn, Anakin, maybe Vader). I think you need to broaden your definition; I6 is very rare, and a majority of current I6s can't arc-dodge worth anything anyway. There are plenty of I5s out there that would run circles around a rebel Fenn, Midnight, Quickdraw, Dengar, and the like. Talonbane, Guri, Teroch, Supernatural Kylo/Luke/Quiz, Obi-Wan, L'ulo, and many more really couldn't be classified as anything but aces. Even I4 often has serious arc-dodging potential nowadays (just look at Mace Windu's success rates!).

I think of it this way:

I1 - Novice

I2 - Grunt

I3 - Pilot

I4 - Good pilot

I5 - Ace

I6 - Super Ace

Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2019 at 7:31 AM, StriderZessei said:

Hard to say before we have his final point cost.

But yeah, TL, Focus, and his ability,  AND Fanatical sounds like he could hit like a gorram truck.

I plan on using Fanatical Silencers with Outmanoeuvre Vonreg.

IMO Fanatical is the best faction talent so far. If you have lost your shields, with optics you should get 2 hits minimum from 3 die. 

Atm I am using this, love it.

Kylo- Perception, optics

Blackout - Fanatical, optics

Scorch - Fanatical, optics. 

Perception is there for Int 6 killing. Has come in handy a few times, killed Wedge on more than one occasion not expecting to be out shot. Plus with Int 5 meta always good to make it worthless for 3 points. 

Edited by Archangelspiv

6 hours ago, Archangelspiv said:

I plan on using Fanatical Silencers with Outmanoeuvre Vonreg.

IMO Fanatical is the best faction talent so far. If you have lost your shields, with optics you should get 2 hits minimum from 3 die. 

Atm I am using this, love it.

Kylo- Perception, optics

Blackout - Fanatical, optics

Scorch - Fanatical, optics. 

Perception is there for Int 6 killing. Has come in handy a few times, killed Wedge on more than one occasion not expecting to be out shot. Plus with Int 5 meta always good to make it worthless for 3 points. 

Someone suggested me a build with advanced proton torp on kylo, and after trying it a few time I can say that it's amazing. Combined with perception it can probably do fine! Make anyone foolish enough to ends up a R1 of you pay!

I like this build but I can't help bu think that when Vonreg comes out he'll replace blackout. Maybe play around with the remaining points to have a bit more tricks in the list of something. I6 and a better ability will probably outshine blackout, who really needed advanced sensor to work.

1 minute ago, DarthSempai said:

Someone suggested me a build with advanced proton torp on kylo, and after trying it a few time I can say that it's amazing. Combined with perception it can probably do fine! Make anyone foolish enough to ends up a R1 of you pay!

I like this build but I can't help bu think that when Vonreg comes out he'll replace blackout. Maybe play around with the remaining points to have a bit more tricks in the list of something. I6 and a better ability will probably outshine blackout, who really needed advanced sensor to work.

If you're flying Blackout to try to trigger his ability you're flying him wrong.

Just now, MegaSilver said:

If you're flying Blackout to try to trigger his ability you're flying him wrong.

True enough! I just hate to think of him as a simple I5 caddy. It was fun to stop in front of rocks and throw out 5 dice torps before advanced sensoring away!

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, DarthSempai said:

This is my plan, I have left a decent bid, plus the option to down grade to Longshot too  if need be. I only use blackout and Kylo for their Int, I don’t like Kylos ability, I would rather save force for mods, and Blackout is waaay to situational. 

It all comes down to what is Vonregs buy in. 

When Vonregs TIE was dropped, I thought this is what Rebel players  must have felt like when Leia was reduced to 2 points. Was awesome. 

Edited by Archangelspiv

1 hour ago, Archangelspiv said:

This is my plan, I have left a decent bid, plus the option to down grade to Longshot too  if need be. I only use blackout and Kylo for their Int, I don’t like Kylos ability, I would rather save force for mods, and Blackout is waaay to situational. 

It all comes down to what is Vonregs buy in. 

When Vonregs TIE was dropped, I thought this is what Rebel players  must have felt like when Leia was reduced to 2 points. Was awesome. 

This is essentially what Dion Morales of GSP said. You fly Kylo because he's an i5 Silencer with two Force charges; getting his ability to trigger (if it happens) is just a bonus. 

I like giving him Hate and Advanced Optics or Pattern Analyzer when I can, but even without anything, he's still pretty good. 

Not sure I'd call him the best in the game, though. 

13 hours ago, DarthSempai said:

I6 and a better ability will probably outshine blackout, who really needed advanced sensor to work.

Unpopular opinion: TIE/vn needs its sensor slot back 😛 It wouldn't be broken on Kylo as it's worth the price and it destroys the ship's best quality (action economy). It's 5 points more than Pattern Analyzer which is arguably better, the only benefit being pre-maneuver reposition, which Blackout could really use.

Fire-control, Passive Sensors, or Collision Detector would also make these things really interesting.

On 8/9/2019 at 1:07 PM, ClassicalMoser said:

Unpopular opinion: TIE/vn needs its sensor slot back 😛 It wouldn't be broken on Kylo as it's worth the price and it destroys the ship's best quality (action economy). It's 5 points more than Pattern Analyzer which is arguably better, the only benefit being pre-maneuver reposition, which Blackout could really use.

Fire-control, Passive Sensors, or Collision Detector would also make these things really interesting.

Passive Sensors Kylo would be kinda nutty, since you can Boost or Roll off the Lock or Calculate action... Add also Heightened Perception to engage at Init 7 instead of 5, so you could not be out-aced... Grab Primed Thrusters, and you could both Boost and Barrel Roll...

Advanced Sensors Kylo would also still be really good, even if not quite as nutty as Supernatural Reflexes.  But it represents a 14 point price cut, which could easily be a major buff to the list, particularly with Vonreg coming.

Just accept the fact that Blackout only has a perk now, and not a full gimmick.  Particularly given the Trick Shot nerf.  At 77 points, TS/AdvS Blackout would probably actually be a rather mediocre and overpriced ship.  It's not worth the risk of potential Kylo bustedness just to enable that.

I watched Resistance, but I can't remember if we ever saw more than just the one FO Interceptor. Were there ever multiples in the show? And if there were, did they all have the red paint scheme livery?

10 hours ago, MegaSilver said:

We only saw one, and Vonreg flying it.

6 hours ago, reqent said:

Yeah theres just one in the show but I've accepted I will probably need to get at least two...  maybe he had a spare or even an extra pair just in case......

Thanks! I hope we see more of them in season 2 or elsewhere in the canon.

On 8/2/2019 at 5:00 AM, DarthSempai said:

The FO finally gets a new ship, and this one sounds amazing! Full of trick and super maneuverable, the Baron Space Superiority Interceptor (Tie-Baron?) is the perfect pocket ace. Can we try to guess everything that it does?
swz62_layout.png

Firstly, the chassis. It has the Fine-Tuned Autothruster ability, which says : ''After you fully execute a maneuver, if you are not strained or depleted, you may gain 1 Deplete or Strain token to perform a *Target Lock* or *Barrel roll* action.
So double repo without stress? or double mod attack by itself, with no upgrade whatsoever? It's not just amazing, it's close to game breaking! Hopefully, the drawback is pretty harsh. A strain token, for a 4 life, 3 agi ship, can be really punishing. We currently don't know what the deplete token does, but some people had suggestion :

- ''It removes one charge from an equipped upgrade.'' Based on the wording of deplete I guess. I personally don't think this is it, as it would allow the ship to functionally double action for no cost at all without upgrade (even if it's just once, before it shuts down the ability for good) or for a really low cost (Elusive is a cheap, easily replenished charge.)
- ''Strain, but for attack dice.'' My personal guess, based on the token graphic, and the fact that it mirrors strain in the ability. Would let the ship either double repo and drop it's attack, and still get an action (defensive if need be, or TL for future round if you're not getting shot at.) or double mod it's attack and drop it's defense if you want to PS kill someone or you managed to not be in arc of anyone. 

The versatility of the ability is amazing, and coupled with a bunch of generally high ps ships, I have high hope for the lil red bugger.

Major Vonreg - PS6. 
 ''- During the system phase, you may choose 1 enemy ship in your *Bulleyes*. That ship gains one Deplete or Strain token of your choice.''

A strong ability that can be easily turned off if both token can be easily removed with a blue move. Make sense, since it's an easy to trigger ability that comes for free, no charge and no drawback. Can still force people you're chasing to do blue maneuver instead of Kturning if they don't want to have their attack or defense nerfed.

''Ehr...'' - PS4
 ''- While you perform an (Action? attack?) ...
   damaged ship friendly at ...
   range 0-1 of the defender ...
   cannot spend focus or calculate ...''

The carnor jax of the Tie-Baron? Not 100% sure of the reading here, but it seems to me it stops an enemy ships from using focus/calc token for the round.
Also, PS4, but higher than the PS5 in the spread, so kinda like duchess/pure sabacc for the striker, it's probably a lower ace with a really strong ability compared to a cheaper PS5 with a weaker ability.

''H...'' - PS5
'' - At the start of the engagement ...
      MUST transfer one of your...
     friendly ship at range ...''

The cheap ps5 ace. The ability seems to send a token somewhere to a friendly ship. Either you throw away a bad token (forced to throw your strain or deplete to a friendly ship in range, but allows you to keep all the benefit of the chassis ability for free as long as you have friends.) or maybe even forced to throw a good token somewhere? (Can double mod, but MUST gives his TL or focus to a friend, or must play by his lone self in a corner if he wants to keep his token for himself.) I'm thinking it's probably going to be one or the other and not both, but I could be wrong. Thoughts?

First Order Pilot - PS3

Generic ps3 pilot (still high for a generic, kinda like imperial baron.) Could be a cool filler for when you don't want a Tie-SF with gunner probably? 4 health with 3 green is as hard to kill as 6 health 2 green, bad variance aside, and the health/shield ratio is the same. If you pay for a Special Force Gunner, the attack can be said to be the same, so the difference would be the dial, arc coverage, and ship ability. I think they would be similar point wise.

Other than that we can see that the ship has access to missiles, mods, and EPT. Will it have access to tech like all other FO ships? 

Any one else as hyped as me for this new ship? :)

I wasn’t collecting first order but now maybe

On 8/8/2019 at 1:28 PM, reqent said:

I think as jedi aces builds become more popular so will midnight.  He does better when people are running 3 ships it's just harder to focus fire him.   He just isn't as easy to use in 2nd, no way to store the evade and juke....

Point of order, it’s worth calling out Midnight’s ability has changed from OL in 1.0, in that no one can modify the defense dice. That means you can’t juke it the way you did in 1.0.

If I was taking midnight, I would rather have fanatical OR if I’m spending as much as a juke card on her, I’m taking fanatical + optics to boost my offense output over time. Once someone is locked try and stay on them getting my double missed shot (without spending the lock). 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Point of order, it’s worth calling out Midnight’s ability has changed from OL in 1.0, in that no one can modify the defense dice. That means you can’t juke it the way you did in 1.0.

Sorry for not making that more clear in my post but comms relay and juke was the build for omega leader for most of 1.0 and you cant do it in 2.0.  Storing tokens was really powerful and it supercharged juke on omega leader. 

Now you cant use juke but even if you could you would have to coordinate to get mods.

For 2.0 Advanced optics is good and pattern analyzer is useful.  I try and keep him as cheap as possible and just use fanatical.  

Edited by reqent
Clarity

On 8/8/2019 at 10:25 AM, wurms said:

“Midnight” (43)
Predator (2)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Afterburners (6)

“Quickdraw” (45)
Fanatical (2)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Fire-Control System (2)
Afterburners (6)

“Blackout” (63)
Fanatical (2)
Pattern Analyzer (5)

Is that really Midnight kitted out like a 50-60 point ace??? wow. 

I think QD doesn't need so many upgrades either. 

Vonreg QD Midnight sounds fun with a massive bid lol. But Kylo has good power too. Enjoy him as a I5, has good power. 

On 8/8/2019 at 11:51 AM, wurms said:

Kylo,Guri,Obi, not an ace!?!? Blasphemy!! 😁

Inquisitor was like one of the best aces in 1.0 at ps8. 

I agree with this. 

Kylo Guri, GI, Obi are all aces to me. Not super I6 aces like Anakin, Vader, Soontir, but closer aces all the same. 

QD is a decent ace as well imo. just oddly not super mobile.