Jump to content
DarthSempai

Major Vonreg's Tie Interceptor

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

There's munitions failsafe, so...

maybe?

I saw that, but afterburners, the ability to barrel roll or TL and then your normal action seems a bit crazy good. As an Int 6, Vonreg can easily take a strain to not get shot at and have a decent attack to boot. I really hope he does have the slot. 

Edited by Archangelspiv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Archangelspiv said:

I saw that, but afterburners, the ability to barrel roll or TL and then your normal action seems a bit crazy good. As a Int 6, Vonreg can easily take a strain to not get shot at and have a decent attack to boot. I really hope he does have the slot. 

Hm... When playing against scum falcons people generally avoid stressing themselves. A strain is in my opinion even worse. So I'm really curious how freely people will strain themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Hm... When playing against scum falcons people generally avoid stressing themselves. A strain is in my opinion even worse. So I'm really curious how freely people will strain themselves.

IMO strain is only worse if you can be shot at and you’re already stressed. I would not voluntarily strain if I was stressed. Maybe it’s because of this that Vonreg will get price hike because he will have full board state knowledge before he decides on abilities. 

Or I could be talking out my ***

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Archangelspiv said:

IMO strain is only worse if you can be shot at and you’re already stressed. I would not voluntarily strain if I was stressed. Maybe it’s because of this that Vonreg will get price hike because he will have full board state knowledge before he decides on abilities. 

Or I could be talking out my ***

 

Sure, but how often did you dodge most of the arcs, but one guy still had a shot on your ship and you misjudged? Happens all the time everywhere. Being stressed in that situation is perfectly fine against most. Choosing between strain and deplete... much less so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The new talent card is really interesting. I'm wondering if it's something like "Ace Tradition." Probably/possibly faction locked, would be cool if Empire/FO. Basically it seems like a more 2.0-friendly version of Intensity.

My interpretation of the text:
 

"Setup: Equip this side faceup.

While you have 2 or fewer stress tokens, you can perform [focus] actions even while stressed.

After you perform an attack, if you are stressed, you may spend one focus token or suffer one [crit] damage to flip this card."

 

What's on the other side is anyone's guess. Probably something to help shed stress but who knows.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, bydand said:

Both Strain and Deplete tokens are unequivocally worse than Stress tokens... and you're forced to Boost prior to a Barrel Roll if you want to double reposition.

I'm not sure this is as exciting as you think it is.  But it does look nice!

Forced to BR before the boost

Being able to choose between Strain or Deplete is definitely better than having a stress token. Stress makes your next moves rather telegraphed. Strain only hurts if they a. attack you before a blue or b. roll more hits than your -1 green. Deplete, if it works the way we suspect, only hurts if your shooting. Since you choose which one, you'll know what one to take. Arc dodging? Take the Deplete. Killing something? take the Strain. Don't feel like/can't arc dodge while having a shot? Don't double action!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Intensity was already 2e friendly I'd love to see it back.

Intensity was probably too high up the power-level curve for the sheer action economy it grants. It would have to be 10 points or so if they brought it back exactly as it was. This seems a much more affordable option that grants some great versatility. I just hope Rebels can't use it or it would be bonkers on Braylen and the like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Intensity was probably too high up the power-level curve for the sheer action economy it grants. It would have to be 10 points or so if they brought it back exactly as it was. This seems a much more affordable option that grants some great versatility. I just hope Rebels can't use it or it would be bonkers on Braylen and the like.

It never granted action economy at all.  It was action neutral.  If you used it, you had to go a round without spending any tokens at all (on most ships) before you could get it back.  It gained action economy in one round and sacrificed it in another.  It was well below the curve in 1e.

 

I think it was a design precursor to 2e and I wouldn't be surprised to see it back at all.  Maybe just for focus rather than evade, though, and probably not for droids (poor Guri and IGGies).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

"Setup: Equip this side faceup.

While you have 2 or fewer stress tokens, you can perform [focus] actions even while stressed.

After you perform an attack, if you are stressed, [the defender] may spend one focus token or suffer one [crit] damage to flip this card."

Just want to point out how much the implication of this half-spoiled card changes depending on what you assume is in that covered sentence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

It never granted action economy at all.  It was action neutral.  If you used it, you had to go a round without spending any tokens at all (on most ships) before you could get it back.  It gained action economy in one round and sacrificed it in another.  It was well below the curve in 1e.

 

I think it was a design precursor to 2e and I wouldn't be surprised to see it back at all.  Maybe just for focus rather than evade, though, and probably not for droids (poor Guri and IGGies).

Still comboed with Poe's ability really well for maximum efficiency. But I want to argue that every thing that gives you more than one action in a single turn is action efficient, because you can choose to use it when you really need it.
Imagine if Vonreg could Broll, focus, lock in a single turn at I6. I wouldn't mind having to take a turn arc running away after that, it still gave me extra value when needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, svelok said:

Just want to point out how much the implication of this half-spoiled card changes depending on what you assume is in that covered sentence

That would be SO interesting and really cool.

I kind of prefer it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thespaceinvader said:

It never granted action economy at all.  It was action neutral.  If you used it, you had to go a round without spending any tokens at all (on most ships) before you could get it back.  It gained action economy in one round and sacrificed it in another.  It was well below the curve in 1e.

Action neutral... Sort of. It means you have an extra token you need when you need it, and the token you use to flip it is necessarily one you never needed anyway (which happens fairly often). It cuts down the variance to optimize token-possession-time.

And the curve for Talents in 1e was always at such an absurd level that it doesn't matter much. Veteran Instincts or Push The Limit by themselves set the entire standard for almost all of 1.0. They were only challenged by Expertise and maybe Predator. All of which would never show up in 2.0 in any form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StriderZessei said:

I agree with whomever said Vonreg is gonna love Outmaneuver. 

Two shields is going to make it hard to use Fanatical before going pop. 

Didn't think of that, the ship isn't going to be a really good fanatic platform, but I just realised it might be on purpose. 

Evade action or focus for defense, fine tuned TL, and fanatic, could be a bit too strong. kinda double modded attack with another token for defense. 

If the ship does have a mod slot, would hull upgrade be worth it just to try and make fanatic work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DarthSempai said:

Didn't think of that, the ship isn't going to be a really good fanatic platform, but I just realised it might be on purpose. 

Evade action or focus for defense, fine tuned TL, and fanatic, could be a bit too strong. kinda double modded attack with another token for defense. 

If the ship does have a mod slot, would hull upgrade be worth it just to try and make fanatic work?

Hard to say before we have his final point cost.

But yeah, TL, Focus, and his ability,  AND Fanatical sounds like he could hit like a gorram truck.

Edited by StriderZessei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, player3010587 said:

Composure stapled as a get out of jail free card. Deplete br>>fail for composure, then action to evade, fuhckha's!

There will need to be a pretty good reason to not take composure as a talent.

 

If there is a mod slot Stealth Device could be an option. 4-6 agi behind focus and evade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScummyRebel said:

Fangs come with afterburners but have no mod slot outside of quick builds. I wouldn’t assume it yet

Why I said "likely". I took that expansion into account. At a minimum there will be a mag-pulse + munitions failsafe quick build. This is a Sequel Era ship we're talking about so imho that ups the likelyhood...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Why I said "likely". I took that expansion into account. At a minimum there will be a mag-pulse + munitions failsafe quick build. This is a Sequel Era ship we're talking about so imho that ups the likelyhood...

Yup, saw that in the spread and I'm thinking likely too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Fangs come with afterburners but have no mod slot outside of quick builds. I wouldn’t assume it yet

That was probably a last minute adjustment, though, like the missile slots on the K-Wing. By now they should have playtested the game enough to roughly understand how to balance the expansion packs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...