Jump to content
DarthSempai

Major Vonreg's Tie Interceptor

Recommended Posts

The FO finally gets a new ship, and this one sounds amazing! Full of trick and super maneuverable, the Baron Space Superiority Interceptor (Tie-Baron?) is the perfect pocket ace. Can we try to guess everything that it does?
swz62_layout.png

Firstly, the chassis. It has the Fine-Tuned Autothruster ability, which says : ''After you fully execute a maneuver, if you are not strained or depleted, you may gain 1 Deplete or Strain token to perform a *Target Lock* or *Barrel roll* action.
So double repo without stress? or double mod attack by itself, with no upgrade whatsoever? It's not just amazing, it's close to game breaking! Hopefully, the drawback is pretty harsh. A strain token, for a 4 life, 3 agi ship, can be really punishing. We currently don't know what the deplete token does, but some people had suggestion :

- ''It removes one charge from an equipped upgrade.'' Based on the wording of deplete I guess. I personally don't think this is it, as it would allow the ship to functionally double action for no cost at all without upgrade (even if it's just once, before it shuts down the ability for good) or for a really low cost (Elusive is a cheap, easily replenished charge.)
- ''Strain, but for attack dice.'' My personal guess, based on the token graphic, and the fact that it mirrors strain in the ability. Would let the ship either double repo and drop it's attack, and still get an action (defensive if need be, or TL for future round if you're not getting shot at.) or double mod it's attack and drop it's defense if you want to PS kill someone or you managed to not be in arc of anyone. 

The versatility of the ability is amazing, and coupled with a bunch of generally high ps ships, I have high hope for the lil red bugger.

 

Major Vonreg - PS6. 
 ''- During the system phase, you may choose 1 enemy ship in your *Bulleyes*. That ship gains one Deplete or Strain token of your choice.''


  A strong ability that can be easily turned off if both token can be easily removed with a blue move. Make sense, since it's an easy to trigger ability that comes for free, no charge and no drawback. Can still force people you're chasing to do blue maneuver instead of Kturning if they don't want to have their attack or defense nerfed.

''Ehr...'' - PS4
 ''- While you perform an (Action? attack?) ...
   damaged ship friendly at ...
   range 0-1 of the defender ...
   cannot spend focus or calculate ...''


The carnor jax of the Tie-Baron? Not 100% sure of the reading here, but it seems to me it stops an enemy ships from using focus/calc token for the round.
Also, PS4, but higher than the PS5 in the spread, so kinda like duchess/pure sabacc for the striker, it's probably a lower ace with a really strong ability compared to a cheaper PS5 with a weaker ability.


''H...'' - PS5
'' - At the start of the engagement ...
      MUST transfer one of your...
     friendly ship at range ...''

The cheap ps5 ace. The ability seems to send a token somewhere to a friendly ship. Either you throw away a bad token (forced to throw your strain or deplete to a friendly ship in range, but allows you to keep all the benefit of the chassis ability for free as long as you have friends.) or maybe even forced to throw a good token somewhere? (Can double mod, but MUST gives his TL or focus to a friend, or must play by his lone self in a corner if he wants to keep his token for himself.) I'm thinking it's probably going to be one or the other and not both, but I could be wrong. Thoughts?

First Order Pilot - PS3

Generic ps3 pilot (still high for a generic, kinda like imperial baron.) Could be a cool filler for when you don't want a Tie-SF with gunner probably? 4 health with 3 green is as hard to kill as 6 health 2 green, bad variance aside, and the health/shield ratio is the same. If you pay for a Special Force Gunner, the attack can be said to be the same, so the difference would be the dial, arc coverage, and ship ability. I think they would be similar point wise.


Other than that we can see that the ship has access to missiles, mods, and EPT. Will it have access to tech like all other FO ships? 


Any one else as hyped as me for this new ship? :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DarthSempai said:

''H...'' - PS5
'' - At the start of the engagement ...
      MUST transfer one of your...
     friendly ship at range ...''


Any one else as hyped as me for this new ship? :)
 

I think its gonna be MUST transfer a strain or depleted token to a friendly ship. Can be powerful in a Ace,Ace,Generic,Generic list. Kylo or Quickdraw, or even Vonreg, with two SFs. Pass a strain to the generic SFs with plenty of hull. Hopefully the range is 0-2, and not 0-1 or that will be tough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarthSempai said:

So double repo without stress? or double mod attack by itself, with no upgrade whatsoever? It's not just amazing, it's close to game breaking! Hopefully, the drawback is pretty harsh. A strain token, for a 4 life, 3 agi ship, can be really punishing. We currently don't know what the deplete token does, but some people had suggestion :


 

Both Strain and Deplete tokens are unequivocally worse than Stress tokens... and you're forced to Boost prior to a Barrel Roll if you want to double reposition.

I'm not sure this is as exciting as you think it is.  But it does look nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarthSempai said:


Other than that we can see that the ship has access to missiles, mods, and EPT. Will it have access to tech like all other FO ships? 
 

I'd be surprised if it doesn't have tech. Also, we don't know what "power cells" or the other card which I can't read at all does, right? Seems like one or both could be tech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vonreg with Outmanoeuvre could be amazing. Add a strain, -1 agi for Outmanoeuvre. Only the most nimble of ships would get 1 defense die. But it’s all about the points. 

I am hoping to run 2 if these with a Silencer, maybe Blackout. Try and relive the old days of Soontir, Carnor and Turr. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

Deplete has to be negative attack dice for sure, what will be interesting is if its primary weapon only. These guys could make missiles actually good.

"non-ordinance" maybe? Seems like if a primary was depleted a cannon/turret would be too, but that could be reading too much into it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

If deplete tokens affect the # of red dice rolled on an attack, having it affect any attack the Depleted ship make until the token goes away makes the most sense balance wise.

I'm thinking it could also be a good mechanic to make initiative more valuable. Eg. Both players have PS5. Player A Wins the bid, and give initiative to player B. Now at least with Deplete, player B has something to balance out the fact that he moves first, by being able to deplete someone before the return fire. I'm really hoping it's something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DarthSempai said:

I'm thinking it could also be a good mechanic to make initiative more valuable. Eg. Both players have PS5. Player A Wins the bid, and give initiative to player B. Now at least with Deplete, player B has something to balance out the fact that he moves first, by being able to deplete someone before the return fire. I'm really hoping it's something like that.

Make having unitive great again!

I really hope it works that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

This thing makes me want to defect.

This thing makes me happy I chose the winning side.

One side gets the most versatile, nimble, advanced dogfighting ace platform in the game to date. The other side gets a death trap that can go fast but will never hurt anything except itself.

I chose correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

This thing makes me happy I chose the winning side.

One side gets the most versatile, nimble, advanced dogfighting ace platform in the game to date. The other side gets a death trap that can go fast but will never hurt anything except itself.

I chose correctly.

You just wait until we get T-85s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I'd be surprised if it doesn't have tech. Also, we don't know what "power cells" or the other card which I can't read at all does, right? Seems like one or both could be tech.

Just realized somethign, the *something something*-radition card is double sided, it has some '' ...this side faceup'' text at the top. Do all spread usually show the 2 side of a card? Is the ...power-cell the other side?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarthSempai said:

We currently don't know what the deplete token does, but some people had suggestion :

I'll add one more, my SO had this comment: Maybe it reduces initiative instead of attack?

Initiative might be too hard to track. But on the other hand, it would be pretty cool and costly. It would also fit with the i6 of Vonreg. What if he has to choose between i5 and 2 agility? Both are pretty harsh, but he gains double mods or double repo for it if he wants! That should be a fair cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreenDragoon said:

I'll add one more, my SO had this comment: Maybe it reduces initiative instead of attack?

Initiative might be too hard to track. But on the other hand, it would be pretty cool and costly. It would also fit with the i6 of Vonreg. What if he has to choose between i5 and 2 agility? Both are pretty harsh, but he gains double mods or double repo for it if he wants! That should be a fair cost.

Imagine if it stacks!
Mag pulse missile spam might be a thing lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DarthSempai said:

Imagine if it stacks!
Mag pulse missile spam might be a thing lol.

If it really reduces attack instead, then a swarm tactics chain QD /sf list or similars could effectively deal weapons disabled tokens.

e: unless it's like ion or tractor and more than one has no effect. Does strain stack? I think so

Edited by GreenDragoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DarthSempai said:

Imagine if it stacks!

Seems unlikely.

4 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

e: unless it's like ion or tractor and more than one has no effect. Does strain stack? I think so

Multiple strain doesn't stack, they just last longer.  You only remove one Strain per time you defend or per blue move, so 3 strain would last until you have defended 3 times, rather than reduce agility by 3 for a single attack.

//

Anyhow, something occurring to me: if you're using strain to take extra actions on a TIE/ba, that might mess with opponent's targeting priority.  Suppose your opponent has Jess Pava at Range 2, but Tallie Lintra at Range 3.  Tallie kinda can't waste her attack shooting the TIE/ba, can she?  That'd remove the strain on a weaker attack, so maybe Tallie doesn't shoot, and misses a chance for some chip damage.

Edited by theBitterFig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

If the TIE/ba doesn't feature Major Mutton, Lt. Bo Peep, and the generic wingmen Ewe Come With Me, I'm really not all that interested. 

Looks like it is time for someone to whip up some custom pilots then... :)

swz62_layout.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather intrigued by the 'radition' card. The only words I can think of which fit are 'tradition' and 'extradition'.

Something-something Tradition sounds like a talent upgrade.

The effect looks to be like primed thrusters for focus - letting you focus when stressed if you have fewer than three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

Will this thing have a mod slot? They may not want afterburners on it like the Fang and Defender. Would be a shame as it would miss out on a few things if that’s the case. 

There's munitions failsafe, so...

maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...