prauxim

New B-wing config 'Stabilized S-Foils'

Posted (edited)

Our pleas have been heard (hopefully!)

wg9Drp7.png

Spotted on Gina's/Blade Sq's new QB Cards, in Hotshots and Aces, 2 copies

Speculation as to what if does? Stabilized seems to indicate accuracy, perhaps of equipped cannons?

Probably there are configs for other ships in the pack? Nope this is the only one (contents list posted)

Edited by prauxim

2 minutes ago, Innese said:

Something that ties into cannons perhaps? 1 less green to perform a bonus attack with an equipped cannon?

Could be cannons, but seeing Snap shot + AB makes me think it could be some form of || aid

Considering they won't want to step on Ten/Bray's toes,  that rules out most traditional forms of passive mods

I don't think it'll cost a green though

Posted (edited)

About time

I remember using S-foils on all the Rouge Squadron games (the first one didn't have the B-wing). 

Rebel Strike (which was the weakest one in the series) had this one trench run style mission where you were in an A-wing, After I beat it I tried it with a B-wing and there is this one part where you have to close your S-foils to fit in a gap.

Edited by Marinealver

3 minutes ago, wurms said:

Maybe to help their dials, closed reduces difficulty of 3 and 4 basic maneuvers, letting them speed up for cost of an attack die.

I though maneuverability at first, but its "stabilized" not "stabilizing" so attack "accuracy" improvement seems to make more sense, but you never know.

Also that would be kinda lame, esp considering Ten/Bray like being stressed

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, HawkZ71 said:

I see nothing lame with being able to move better without hindrance of stress when it is not needed.

Fair point, would probably be flip-able, and I guess you could still do the BR/Focus to get the stress.

But from a thematic standpoint, offensive boost seems to make more sense so than a speed related one.

Edited by prauxim

I'm going to go with reduced difficulty on speed 3-4 maneuvers while closed and a reduced attack pool. Trying to parse the difference between the  words stabilized and stabilizing and meaningfully applying that to game mechanics seems like a stretch. B-Wings don't need help with their offense, they need to be able to do a mild jog across the board without getting winded.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

I'm going to go with reduced difficulty on speed 3-4 maneuvers while closed and a reduced attack pool. Trying to parse the difference between the  words stabilized and stabilizing and meaningfully applying that to game mechanics seems like a stretch. B-Wings don't need help with their offense, they need to be able to do a mild jog across the board without getting winded.

The name and lore are the only things we know, so its speculation either way

The lore definitely indicates the s-foils are for weapons related functionality, not to mention the role of the platform overall as a less maneuverable heavy-hitter

Located just below the engine cluster are a pair of S-foils which can deploy to extend the firing arc of twin laser cannons - Star Wars Databank

Also as a matter of preference, I'd like to see it more unique not more homogenized.

Edited by prauxim

Posted (edited)

Why is it that I always feel like new cards have to utilize newly-revealed mechanics? I feel like it's going to let you take a "Deplete" token to treat full arc as bullseye for the sake of a cannon attack. Kinda weird but who knows? Maybe strain instead?

I do hope it's not open/close flippable. X-Wings look cool with the wings closed. B-Wings just look dumb. Also hope it doesn't improve or change the dial in any way.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

Stabilized S foils closed - You can only shoot targets in your bullseye. Add two attack die. 

Risky because you may miss the bullseye and not get a shot. Also risky because of bwings low initiative.

Makes sense thematically because when the s foils are closed the lasers are very close together. 6 die heavy laser cannon shot? Yessum!

2 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Why is it that I always feel like new cards have to utilize newly-revealed mechanics? I feel like it's going to let you take a "Deplete" token to treat full arc as bullseye for the sake of a cannon attack. Kinda weird but who knows? Maybe strain instead?

I do hope it's not open/close flippable. X-Wings look cool with the wings closed. B-Wings just look dumb.

I could see that (re token penalty)

I'm ok with a flip, just hope its not timing-gimped like on the x-wing. Having to decide when you reveal is too laborious for an ability that already cost a die, all just to get something similar ships have natively.

More thematic would be a reduction on primary firepower and disabling of the cannons while they are closed for a decrease in difficulty of its straight and bank maneuvers. Open would be the normal statline and capabilities of the B-Wing. Switching between open and closed is likely to be the same timing as the other S-Foil configs.

13 hours ago, Punning Pundit said:

For every cannon you have equipped, you may increase agility by 1.

I know this is a joke but just thinking about a 3/3/4/4 ship with Braylen and Cassian support makes me want to curl up and die somewhere