Hiemfire

Wave 6 and the Q1 Pilot, Device and Obstacle packs

3 hours ago, Smikies02 said:

Both of those are in the Republic Y-Wing pack.

Foresight is a 1-3 bullseye Jedi Snapshot, with different modification parameters. Don't know the exact verbiage just the right side.

Precognitive Reflexes is a premaneuver action that has a strain for a side effect if it's not on your action bar. Also don't know the exact verbiage, and just the right side of the card.

Good catch, I didn't remember them from the spread.

On 8/4/2019 at 5:34 AM, StriderZessei said:

Anyone else want to speculate what "Rush" could be?

The Silencer still doesn't have an i6 ace...

Maybe a pilot ability that mimics Defenders' free evade? Or treats 3 banks as blue? 

My crazy idea is this:

"Rush" is I2. His ability is "If you fully execute a speed 4 or 5 maneuver, treat your initiative as '7' during the Engagement Phase." No talent slot, to avoid silliness with Swarm Tactics.

This gives the pilot a very clear purpose; go fast, shoot first. Due to his low initiative, they'll have to move before anyone else, leaving them vulnerable to being outflown. 

6 hours ago, Jiron said:

Does anyone know why is Leia I:5 pilot? I saw all the movies and never seen her flying the ship. Now, all of the sudden she is as good as Luke Skywalker, Corran Horn, Lando Calrissian?

She does actually fly the Falcon on more than one occasion in the movies, as discussed here:

7 hours ago, Xeletor said:

Where is that? I thought I saw all spoilers...

Product page has the contents listed.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/hotshots-and-aces-reinforcements-pack/

List of pilots:

"This pack contains the following ship cards:

• Rebel Alliance:
    • Gina Moonsong (A/SF-01 B-Wing)
    • K-2SO (UT-60D U-Wing)
    • Leia Organa (Modified YT-1300)
    • Alexsandr Kallus (VCX-100)
  • Galactic Empire:
    • Fifth Brother (TIE Advanced v1)
    • "Vagabond" (TIE/sk Striker)
    • Morna Kee (VT-49 Decimator)
  • Scum:
    • Nom Lumb (JumpMaster 5000)
    • G4R-GOR V/M (M3-A Interceptor)
    • Bossk (Z-95-AF4 Headhunter)
  • Resistance:
    • Paige Tico (MG-100 StarFortress)
    • Ronith Blario (RZ-2 A-Wing)
    • Zizi Tlo (RZ-2 A-Wing)
  • First Order:
    • Captain Phasma (TIE/sf Fighter)
    • Lieutenant LeHuse (TIE/sf Fighter)
    • "Rush" (TIE/vn Silencer)"

8 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

I'm going to be laughin my *** off if "Rush" is an I1 or 0 with the ability to boost, either pre or post maneuver, and have that boost not count as an action. Then I'd be tempted to pick up a Silencer just to paint it red and slap some Waaaagh! emblems on it. :D 

This would also be acceptable to me.

I thought somewhere it was stated that one if the card packs would have a scenario in it.  Was it the live stream?

Also, I will appreciate more of some upgrades where I don't own enough.  

EDIT: I also don't understand why they re-release Saw's Renegades.  It already was 2.0 compliant.  Why bother?  Anything really different?

Well, I never got it.  Maybe my LGS will let me buy the old one on sale?

Edited by heychadwick

2 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I thought somewhere it was stated that one if the card packs would have a scenario in it.  Was it the live stream?

I think we may be looking at differing interpretations of the term "scenario" between FFG and players ( From what I can tell for the players "scenarios" = missions). Both the Never Tell Me The Odds and Fully Loaded packs come with environment cards that would fit the basic concept of a "scenario" by changing up the environments that the battles take place in. A dog fight in a mine field, meteor/asteroid storm, or among parasite infested wrecks is a different scenario to one in either open space or in a mostly static debris field.

10 hours ago, Jiron said:

Does anyone know why is Leia I:5 pilot? I saw all the movies and never seen her flying the ship. Now, all of the sudden she is as good as Luke Skywalker, Corran Horn, Lando Calrissian?

They changed the name from "Pilot Skill" to "Initiative," so the value doesn't necessarily indicate overall skill. A good example is "Wampa" (Black Eleven). You have to be pretty badass to make it into Black Squadron, but his Initiative is only 1 because his decoy ability needs him to shoot last.

That said, I feel like Leia would be a surprisingly competent pilot. Her parents raised her to appear as a spoiled princess that nobody would suspect of being a total badass. She's trained and fully capable of flying, but rarely does so herself in order to keep up appearances. In the Shattered Empire comic, she hops right into an antiquated N1 and holds the line with only two wing mates backing her up.

56 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

I think we may be looking at differing interpretations of the term "scenario" between FFG and players ( From what I can tell for the players "scenarios" = missions). Both the Never Tell Me The Odds and Fully Loaded packs come with environment cards that would fit the basic concept of a "scenario" by changing up the environments that the battles take place in. A dog fight in a mine field, meteor/asteroid storm, or among parasite infested wrecks is a different scenario to one in either open space or in a mostly static debris field.

Yeah, I was wondering about that.  I saw this quote for one of the products:

"In addition to new pilots and upgrades, you’ll also find environment cards that offer a way to quickly add scenarios with new combinations of obstacles and special rules that change the fabric of your games."

Makes me think they meant the Environment cards are "scenarios".

2 hours ago, heychadwick said:

EDIT: I also don't understand why they re-release Saw's Renegades.  It already was 2.0 compliant.  Why bother?  Anything really different?

Well, I never got it.  Maybe my LGS will let me buy the old one on sale?

The 'original' release has an awful lot of 1e cards and materials in it, as well as having the early versions of several cards which were subsequently corrected for the main release. There were also issues with the articulation on the X-Wing in the pack, which may have since been solved.

Doing a 'proper' 2e release means they can do away with the 1e packaging and cards, and have the 'correct' versions of the cards in circulation.

On 8/3/2019 at 11:34 PM, StriderZessei said:

Anyone else want to speculate what "Rush" could be?

I think it would be cool for the silencer to get an I6 ace, but they do have a lot of strong pilots already.

But I also like the idea of built-in inherently negative abilities. You could use it to be cheaper or have an excuse for an I6 pilot.

His name suggests a "Haste makes waste" ability. Maybe he's an I6 pilot, but his ability is "After you partially execute a maneuver, suffer one [crit] damage," or "After you engage, lose your charge. Before you defend, if your charge is active, suffer one [hit] damage" (1 charge, recurring).

I6 is great but comes with its downsides. 😛

13 minutes ago, AceDogbert said:

The 'original' release has an awful lot of 1e cards and materials in it, as well as having the early versions of several cards which were subsequently corrected for the main release. There were also issues with the articulation on the X-Wing in the pack, which may have since been solved.

Doing a 'proper' 2e release means they can do away with the 1e packaging and cards, and have the 'correct' versions of the cards in circulation.

Yeah I don't even think of it as much of a "rerelease" anyway. We've all seen the 2nd edition packaging already in the app and it was nearly 2.0-ready at launch anyway. It's merely a formality. I'll add that even without these two "rereleases," Wave 6 would be of a similar size to prior waves. It's a pretty big wave.