Hiemfire

Wave 6 and the Q1 Pilot, Device and Obstacle packs

40 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

**** off have we. 

We've seen blue A-Wings be useless cannon fodder that get blown up without doing anything by Vader. 

We've seen blue or green A-Wings be useless cannon fodder that get blown up without doing anything by Fenn Rau.

We've seen Phoenix Squadron accomplish literally nothing in a raft of different circumstances. 

We've seen the red A-Wings in the actual films take out TIE Interceptors. We've seen them destroy the Executor's bridge shield generators. We've seen them take out the Executor itself. We've seen them navigate the tunnels of the Death Star. They've been in games from X-Wing to Rogue Squadron to Battlefront. 

The 1e A-Wing was always the wrong colour anyway. It was too bright. Too pink. This was FFG's chance to give us the proper dark red A-Wings of the films. 

Shara Bey's A-Wing in Shattered Empire was red. L'ulo L'ampar's A-Wing in Shattered Empire and the Poe Dameron comics was red. 

Yours is a **** take. 

You didn't see any A-Wings take out any TIE Interceptors. A-Wings have never scored a kill in the movies. EVER. ****, I think the first A-Wing kills we saw were in friggin' Rebels!

Now I did NOT say they never did anything, or weren't in things. But think of the people that AREN'T. YOU. Think of the teenagers who never had the games or comics or books or whatever, that we did. You know where they've seen A-Wings? Rebels mostly. You know what they're best known for doing?

Blowing up! Even the **** Rebel Files book notes that Mon Mothma was hesitant to get more!  You're not even working with canon here for the most part. You've got me on Shattered Empire, but at no point in ANY of the films, had an A-Wing ever gotten a kill, and you know what? I like Rebels. I love Rebels, even. I'm happy to see these little guys get proper Phoenix colors! I think it's very cool that we have all three major A-Wing paintjobs now!

God forbid we have variety in The Rebellion!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

(... ) at no point in ANY of the films, had an A-Wing ever gotten a kill, and you know what? (...)

I mean. 

These are some kamikaze methods, but still.

That's one **** of a kill.

Also, on a sidenote - I love how little concern and troubles you two must have in your everyday life to go as far as aggressively argue over internet what should be the paint job on a plastic spaceship game figurine. My goodness, I wish I could bother to care so much about things so little...

Edited by Ryfterek

22 minutes ago, Ryfterek said:

I mean. 

These are some kamikaze methods, but still.

That's one **** of a kill.

Also, on a sidenote - I love how little concern and troubles you two must have in your everyday life to go as far as aggressively argue over internet what should be the paint job on a plastic spaceship game figurine. My goodness, I wish I could bother to care so much about things so little...

I actually have a myriad of concerns, if you'd like me to list them.

1: I hate my job, I get paid in peanuts due to union dues and benefits that are withheld for 14 months upon hiring.
2: I've recently started HRT and while this does not induce stress it is another aspect of my life I must manage.
3: My family is more or less comprised of transphobes and I do not use that term lightly, it has definitely effected the air in the house.
4: I have recently fallen madly in love with someone much like myself in New Jersey, and now I must skimp on absolutely as much as I can financially in order to get there next year out of this hellhole.
5: I am attempting to better myself in a myriad of ways, physically and psychologically.
6: I still do not have a Driver's License which is quite crippling in the United States if you wish to find a job.

I can continue, really, if you want to.

But on my days off I still have time to call out dumb takes.

5 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

(...)

I can continue, really, if you want to.

But on my days off I still have time to call out dumb takes.

Spare me, please. I do not invalidate your problems, but you're unlikely to get the emotional support you need from the complete randoms of a boardgame forum. 

My advice is, with this much going on in your life, having pointless arguments on the web is about the worst way to use your spare time. Who's dumber - another user for preferring one colour scheme over another, or you for poisoning yet another moment of your life with negativity? Think about it. 

And then - have some modesty, damnit. We're lucky enough FFG is about the only major developer who's figurine-oriented brand comes with the figurines both assembled AND painted out of the box. Yeah, you might not be extatic over the specific shade of the paint, but try to approach a WH40K player with a bo-ho how awful it is that when you buy yourself an expansion ready to play 5 minutes after purchase it isn't there in your preferred paint job. See their reaction. While you're at it, ask them nicely for a repaint, these fellas are very experienced at painting these.  

Im sure this is a stupid question..... but why are the doing the reaper? I have 2 of them already and understood it to have had stuff for both 1st and 2nd edition in it. Sooms to me that since it is already out for 2nd edition, it would have been better to wait to do the "pure 2nd ed" release and do something that isnt already done.

11 minutes ago, Ryfterek said:

Spare me, please. I do not invalidate your problems, but you're unlikely to get the emotional support you need from the complete randoms of a boardgame forum. 

My advice is, with this much going on in your life, having pointless arguments on the web is about the worst way to use your spare time. Who's dumber - another user for preferring one colour scheme over another, or you for poisoning yet another moment of your life with negativity? Think about it. 

And then - have some modesty, damnit. We're lucky enough FFG is about the only major developer who's figurine-oriented brand comes with the figurines both assembled AND painted out of the box. Yeah, you might not be extatic over the specific shade of the paint, but try to approach a WH40K player with a bo-ho how awful it is that when you buy yourself an expansion ready to play 5 minutes after purchase it isn't there in your preferred paint job. See their reaction. While you're at it, ask them nicely for a repaint, these fellas are very experienced at painting these.  

I don't expect the support here. I'd be a lot more cuddly around here if that were the case.

As for the anger/negativity, I'm pretty chill rn tbh. I'm not in a bad state. Mostly just killing time before dinner on a day off.

As for the paint, hey, I love the new one and I like the old one too. I like the diversity of paintjobs, but the other guy was mad about the red paint, not me. I'm ecstatic to see Rebels get more representation that it wholly deserves.

Phoenix or bust for me! I couldn't be happier..!

11 minutes ago, Ryfterek said:

You pretty much baited that response with your snide insinuation.

Up to that point Captain Lackwit kept a relatively equal tone to the poster they were responding to.

6 minutes ago, EVIL INC said:

Im sure this is a stupid question..... but why are the doing the reaper? I have 2 of them already and understood it to have had stuff for both 1st and 2nd edition in it. Sooms to me that since it is already out for 2nd edition, it would have been better to wait to do the "pure 2nd ed" release and do something that isnt already done.

Because it and Saw's Renegades have not had an official 2.0 release despite being HS/Sec Ed legal from go. Call it a loose end getting tied up if you will.

5 hours ago, Innese said:

Bossk was confirmed as being the Z95 pilot in the card pack in addition to being in the updated Hound’s Tooth, leaving the JM5k & M3A as unknown.

WHile I am stoked to get more Scum pilots, I am wondering why they picked 3 'meh ships. 

19 minutes ago, RunnerAZ said:

WHile I am stoked to get more Scum pilots, I am wondering why they picked 3 'meh ships. 

They picked ships released in 2.0 boxes. 

Although, to be fair, it's also a chance to "fix" a meh ship, potentially.

RZ-2 is a Blue A-Wing.  Different faction, different ship, but fairly similar design.  Red RZ-1 would feel like more variety to me.  Eh, probably don't need a reprint one anyhow.

1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

4: I have recently fallen madly in love with someone much like myself in New Jersey, and now I must skimp on absolutely as much as I can financially in order to get there next year out of this hellhole.

Been listening to a bunch of Springsteen lately, so I'm used to folks falling in love and moving out of New Jersey, but hey. :D Best of luck.

source.gif

1 hour ago, RunnerAZ said:

To be fair, I love the idea of Bossk docking with Moralo and getting up to some flanking shenanigans

2 hours ago, EVIL INC said:

Im sure this is a stupid question..... but why are the doing the reaper? I have 2 of them already and understood it to have had stuff for both 1st and 2nd edition in it. Seems to me that since it is already out for 2nd edition, it would have been better to wait to do the "pure 2nd ed" release and do something that isn't already done.

There were errors on the cards in that release as they were basically in a "preview" wave. That's probably a decent enough reason for a number of people. And then there's people who've entered the game after those sets have gone out of print. I haven't looked but I'd be surprised if they were hard to find but I do believe they stopped running them. Having consistent packaging on a shelf is also better for more casual or less-informed players. Seeing the 1st edition packaging it could be easy to  see at a glance and say, "oh, I don't want that, it's 1st edition," without reading the part about 2nd on the box.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

2: I've recently started HRT and while this does not induce stress it is another aspect of my life I must manage.

4: I have recently fallen madly in love with someone much like myself in New Jersey, 

mazel tov!

(I mean, the list does sound incredibly stressful! But these two things are awesome and I'm gonna take a moment to celebrate them.)

Edited by Punning Pundit

42 minutes ago, Innese said:

To be fair, I love the idea of Bossk docking with Moralo and getting up to some flanking shenanigans

That works, but also there's some synergy with Latts Razzi.  She grabs a lock while further out.  Next round you can deploy Bossk, grab a Lock with him, and you'll be ready for Latts to tractor the enemy.

Well, that's more the kind of synergy that's cooler than it's going to be effective, but still.

4 minutes ago, RunnerAZ said:

JM5K pilot will only fix that ship with an ability like: "when you fully execute a red maneuver, you may remove 1 stress token"

I hope it comes with cards to help them out, so I can play more than just him.

5 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

I hope it comes with cards to help them out, so I can play more than just him.

Full list of what is in the Hotshots and Aces Reinforcement Pack from its product page: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/hotshots-and-aces-reinforcements-pack/

This pack contains the following ship cards:

• Rebel Alliance:
    • Gina Moonsong (A/SF-01 B-Wing)
    • K-2SO (UT-60D U-Wing)
    • Leia Organa (Modified YT-1300)
    • Alexsandr Kallus (VCX-100)
  • Galactic Empire:
    • Fifth Brother (TIE Advanced v1)
    • "Vagabond" (TIE/sk Striker)
    • Morna Kee (VT-49 Decimator)
  • Scum:
    • Nom Lumb (JumpMaster 5000)
    • G4R-GOR V/M (M3-A Interceptor)
    • Bossk (Z-95-AF4 Headhunter)
  • Resistance:
    • Paige Tico (MG-100 StarFortress)
    • Ronith Blario (RZ-2 A-Wing)
    • Zizi Tlo (RZ-2 A-Wing)
  • First Order:
    • Captain Phasma (TIE/sf Fighter)
    • Lieutenant LeHuse (TIE/sf Fighter)
    • "Rush" (TIE/vn Silencer)

This pack also contains the following upgrade cards:

• 4 Talent Upgrade Cards:
    • 2 Composure
    • 2 Snap Shot
  • 10 Force Power Upgrade Cards:
    • 2 Brilliant Evasion
    • 2 Foresight
    • 2 Hate
    • 2 Precognitive Reflexes
    • 2 Predictive Shot
  • 6 Tech Upgrade Cards:
    • 2 Advanced Optics
    • 2 Pattern Analyzer
    • 2 Primed Thrusters
  • 2 Sensor Upgrade Cards:
    • 2 Passive Sensors
  • 2 Cannon Upgrade Cards:
    • 2 Autoblasters
  • 2 Torpedo Upgrade Cards:
    • 2 Plasma Torpedoes
  • 5 Missile Upgrade Cards:
    • 2 Mag-Pulse Warheads
    • 2 Barrage Rockets
    • 1 Diamond-Boron Missiles
  • 3 Crew Upgrade Cards:
    • 1 0-0-0
    • 1 K-2SO
    • 1 Maul
  • 3 Gunner Upgrade Cards:
    • 2 Agile Gunner
    • 1 BT-1
  • 2 Illicit Upgrade Cards:
    • 2 Coaxium Hyperfuel
  • 1 Title Upgrade Card:
    • Moldy Crow
  • 5 Modification Upgrade Cards:
    • 2 Angled Deflectors 
    • 3 Targeting Computer
  • 2 Configuration Upgrade Cards:
    • 2 Stabilized S-foils

Not really much there that seems to possibly be of help to the Jumpmaster other than the new pilot..

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

RZ-2 is a Blue A-Wing.  Different faction, different ship, but fairly similar design.  Red RZ-1 would feel like more variety to me.  Eh, probably don't need a reprint one anyhow.

Been listening to a bunch of Springsteen lately, so I'm used to folks falling in love and moving out of New Jersey, but hey. :D Best of luck.

source.gif

Thanks dude. She's fantastic. And anything's better than Illinois location-wise.

6 hours ago, Punning Pundit said:

mazel tov!

(I mean, the list does sound incredibly stressful! But these two things are awesome and I'm gonna take a moment to celebrate them.)

Awww you guys are great. Thank you.

9 hours ago, Ryfterek said:

...you're unlikely to get the emotional support you need from the complete randoms of a boardgame forum.

I got you something.

d6abefc9-0898-4011-a475-4f3fe3c5b41d.jpg

:P

Edited by Captain Lackwit

A couple of the Force Powers in the Hotshots & Aces pack seem like they might have mistranslated names? 'Foresight' and 'Precognitive Reflexes' sound an awful lot like they might just be 'Sense' and 'Supernatural Reflexes'
Right?

18 minutes ago, MalusCalibur said:

A couple of the Force Powers in the Hotshots & Aces pack seem like they might have mistranslated names? 'Foresight' and 'Precognitive Reflexes' sound an awful lot like they might just be 'Sense' and 'Supernatural Reflexes'
Right?

Seems likely.

Also of note, the return of both Cluster Mines and Ion Bombs, and strain tokens being included in the obstacles set which might imply that one of the obstacles is changing rules perhaps.  Or they're used in one of the Environment cards.

30 minutes ago, MalusCalibur said:

Right?

They're new powers. You can see them in the Republic Y-wing spread. Foresight looks to be similar to snap shot, and Precognitive is like supernatural but costs a strain if you don't have the action and shuts off any other actions during your activation. 

37 minutes ago, MalusCalibur said:

Right?

Both of those are in the Republic Y-Wing pack.

Foresight is a 1-3 bullseye Jedi Snapshot, with different modification parameters. Don't know the exact verbiage just the right side.

Precognitive Reflexes is a premaneuver action that has a strain for a side effect if it's not on your action bar. Also don't know the exact verbiage, and just the right side of the card.