dsul413

Hotshots and Aces Pilots

7 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

Yeah that is really a BIG FAT slap into the face of Scum mains. Finally, finally a new Illicit (the slot that us supposed to be defining the faction) and again, a whole new faction, but not a single Scum ship gets it.

Ok, the card is not that good. You better try this on a ship with many hitpoints, and even then with the "wrong" crit it can be game over. But still the slap!

Having 2 in the pack is a really strange decision. As its basically only the Fireball which can equip it, and that ship actually should have been unique, as it is obe if a kind.

There might be coming something we do not know yet.

Seems likely that some equivalent to Burnout SLAM is coming. 

7 minutes ago, asterborn said:

Seems likely that some equivalent to Burnout SLAM is coming. 

We hope. I've got my fingers crossed that it is a restricted mod of some sort (other than "large ship only" as it was in 1.0) so that it and Coaxium can be taken on the same chassis. Worst case it is a Large Base only Illicit. While that would make the Lancer incredibly fast and nearly unblockable when paired with Coaxium, it IS the Lancer so we'd be looking at it being roughly half a list to field cost wise.

11 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

We hope. I've got my fingers crossed that it is a restricted mod of some sort (other than "large ship only" as it was in 1.0) so that it and Coaxium can be taken on the same chassis. Worst case it is a Large Base only Illicit. While that would make the Lancer incredibly fast and nearly unblockable when paired with Coaxium, it IS the Lancer so we'd be looking at it being roughly half a list to field cost wise.

Note that the Kirahxz also got a 2nd illicit slot recently.

#help4graz

Getting Overseer Yushyn in the right place to make Ketsu broken with this combo may require considerable effort....

26 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Note that the Kirahxz also got a 2nd illicit slot recently.

#help4graz

Getting Overseer Yushyn in the right place to make Ketsu broken with this combo may require considerable effort....

You missed the "if large base only still" part. :)

Bossk as a Z-95 pilot will be pretty neat.  Oh, not game bending or anything, but a cheapish Z-95 pilot that can dish out some damage.  Give him Marksman to get the crits and you will have a Z-95 that might punch above his weight.  Oh, not crazy, but probably worth the points.  

It will depend on matchups.  I don't really do the tournament high Init ace game, so I see it as a good option for me.

On 8/9/2019 at 7:30 AM, Rossetti1828 said:

So how about Morna Kee, "Determined Attache" on the Decimator.

They have 3 non-recurring charges to spend, and the pilot ability appears to allow spending a charge to flip a damage card during the end phase.

Then there is something about "full arc" that I can't work out...

swz66_sample.jpg

So hear me out, the "full arc" thing makes me think her ability has something to do with reinforce. Maybe in the end phase she can spend a charge to flip her reinforce token to "the othER full arc INstead" of removing it. 

Or maybe it has something to do with damage cards and having to have enemy ships in the full arc matching a reinforce token or something. 

20 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Bossk as a Z-95 pilot will be pretty neat.  Oh, not game bending or anything, but a cheapish Z-95 pilot that can dish out some damage.  Give him Marksman to get the crits and you will have a Z-95 that might punch above his weight.  Oh, not crazy, but probably worth the points.  

It will depend on matchups.  I don't really do the tournament high Init ace game, so I see it as a good option for me.

I think that you can't spend to much points on 2/2/2/2 ship.  If he will be 30+ points Z-95, like N'dru, he will not see any play. Right now only Binayre Pilots are worth playing and they are probably still worse than Mining TIEs for the same price.

29 minutes ago, pyoinator said:

So hear me out, the "full arc" thing makes me think her ability has something to do with reinforce. Maybe in the end phase she can spend a charge to flip her reinforce token to "the othER full arc INstead" of removing it. 

Or maybe it has something to do with damage cards and having to have enemy ships in the full arc matching a reinforce token or something. 

Yes, I guess this kind of fits in the text box:

"During the End Phase, you may spend 1 charge /

to flip 1 of your reinforce tokens to the /

other full arc instead of removing it."

Anything that frees up a Decimator's actions for dice mods is very welcome.

Edited by Rossetti1828

15 minutes ago, Boreas Mun said:

I think that you can't spend to much points on 2/2/2/2 ship.  If he will be 30+ points Z-95, like N'dru, he will not see any play. Right now only Binayre Pilots are worth playing and they are probably still worse than Mining TIEs for the same price.

Yes, he will have to be priced well enough.  Was hoping Mods would be cheap.  5 pts for an extra hull is too much.

Ditto on Zee Bossk. Could be a very nice filler that will hurt if ignored.

N'dru has access to an additional die, which is not usually cheap, even if proccing it can be somewhat suicidal in his case. So I'd be surprised if Bossk were to be more than 33. So neatly below 35 with Marksmanship will tick the boxes for me. I'll be hoping for no more than 33 with.

Edit to add that his ability, especially being after the neutralise results stage, combined with bullseye being considerably easier to line up on a small base with the roll action, will elevate the ship frame noticibly, imo. So I'll be trying him out, even at around 35.

Edited by Cuz05

For 32 points you can have HLC Scyk, for 35 Autoblaster Marksmaship Veteran. Extra Green dice, white barrel roll, faster and better dial and they work with Drea. Isn't after Neutralize step means that when you have only 1 crit and no hits that 1 evade can cancel it?

11 minutes ago, Boreas Mun said:

For 32 points you can have HLC Scyk, for 35 Autoblaster Marksmaship Veteran. Extra Green dice, white barrel roll, faster and better dial and they work with Drea. Isn't after Neutralize step means that when you have only 1 crit and no hits that 1 evade can cancel it?

All true. But also swapping a shield for hull, dropping to I3 and most importantly, not called Bossk.

I think it's a closer choice than you make out, particularly given the way Init will effect the lining up of bullseye or even getting a shot off before dying, but mostly it's just not as cool :D

37 minutes ago, Boreas Mun said:

Isn't after Neutralize step means that when you have only 1 crit and no hits that 1 evade can cancel it?

Bossk works this way:

Roll attack.  get, e.g., hcc at range 1.

They roll defence, getting 2 evades.

You cancel the h and one of the cs.  You are left dealing 1c.  Now, you exchange that 1c for 2h, dealing 2 [hit] damage.  Which is well worth doing, because it's essentially a guaranteed Direct Hit, even against shields.

55 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I may try Zee Bossk as a filler ship. Looks fun. Want to know more about the new m3a Pilot and JM5k pilot.... even if jm5k is considered garbage. 

With configurations confirmed to show up in pilots card packs, I'm crossing my fingers for something that will help the JM5K. The M3As would be fine if they were costed better. Compare them to other 2 die attach ships (TIE Fighters, Starwings, Resistance Pods) and we cansee that they are fairly expensive.

On 8/11/2019 at 10:57 AM, Managarmr said:

Yeah that is really a BIG FAT slap into the face of Scum mains. Finally, finally a new Illicit (the slot that us supposed to be defining the faction) and again, a whole new faction, but not a single Scum ship gets it.

Astromechs were Rebel only until Scum came along. And the tech slot was Resistance and FO only until the Tug arrived.

The only slot Scum doesn't have is the Tac Relay.

6 hours ago, Octarine-08 said:

Astromechs were Rebel only until Scum came along. And the tech slot was Resistance and FO only until the Tug arrived.

The point was the upgrade, of which there are 2 copies in Hotshots and Aces, but only the Fireball, which comes with it already, can equip it as far as we know. That's the slap in face, not that there is another ship in the Resistance faction with the Illicit slot...

Edited by Hiemfire

20 hours ago, Octarine-08 said:

More than 50% of the ships with illicit slots are in the scum faction. Scum crew have special ways of interacting with illicit upgrades (Jabba, Vizago, etc.).

Yet illicit is one of the worst slots right now and is desperately looking for improvements. Now here comes a brand new shiny illicit, except....

a) it's trash

b) it's usable on exactly one ship in the game, and that ship isn't in scum anyway. Why bother including it here?

Unless there are more cards hiding from us in that pack...