dsul413

Hotshots and Aces Pilots

6 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Something I noticed and I'm hoping is just an omission on FFG's part. No tokens are listed as part of the Hotshots and Aces pack yet it has munitions and other charge based upgrades. Most disturbingly is that there are 2 copies of Mag-Pulse Warheads and no mention in the product description of there being any deplete tokens in the pack... I've got spare force and charge tokens floating around so that gap can be worked through, but the only spreads I've seen with deplete tokens are the new Sequel Era ships. :(

swz62_mag-pulse-warheads.png

I've noticed they are putting more and more tokens in ship packs now. I think they are assuming that the people buying these packs will already own ships (duh, for the pilots to be usable) and therefore will at least have things like charge tokens.

Depletion tokens are a little more annoying, but again I think they are betting on you buying one of the new ships at least to get stuff like that.

Posted (edited)

Even though this might not be the one-and-done revamp of all the original 2e factions we were hoping for, I think it sets a good precedent. Small card-only packs with a few new pilots and upgrades for existing ships is enough to get me excited again. It's similar to the ship revamps they used to do with epic ships and squad packs, but note quite so necessary, as nothing is as busted in 2e. I really hope they start slipping one or two of these packs in each wave, it could be great for keeping things fresh. 

However, the price does seem very high. I'm hoping it will be roughly halved in the future, if the catch-up on upgrade cards isn't needed.

Edited by ShgrizzX

17 hours ago, svelok said:

Pilot pack 2: "Veterans and Mercenaries"

Contains exclusively multi-dot limited pilots, ala CIS Vultures/Hyenas, for each faction. Triple limited Interceptors that do something cool, or double limited Kihraxz that finally get that red boost action on the bar... 

We need more multi dot cards

1 hour ago, ShgrizzX said:

Even though this might not be the one-and-done revamp of all the original 2e factions we were hoping for, I think it sets a good precedent. Small card-only packs with a few new pilots and upgrades for existing ships is enough to get me excited again. It's similar to the ship revamps they used to do with epic ships and squad packs, but note quite so necessary, as nothing is as busted in 2e. I really hope they start slipping one or two of these packs in each wave, it could be great for keeping things fresh. 

However, the price does seem very high. I'm hoping it will be roughly halved in the future, if the catch-up on upgrade cards isn't needed.

I could live with a future pack (likely two, three waves down the line) having more pilots and fewer upgrades (as the waves would likely only add two or three upgrades each) for the same price point.

Just remember that upgrades only need cardstock, are therefor cheap and small while pilots need cardstock and cardboard, making them take up more space per card.  I suspect if we got less in terms of large / medium base pilots we could get more overall, but I don't think upgrades to pilots is a straight conversion.

36 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Just remember that upgrades only need cardstock, are therefor cheap and small while pilots need cardstock and cardboard, making them take up more space per card.  I suspect if we got less in terms of large / medium base pilots we could get more overall, but I don't think upgrades to pilots is a straight conversion.

They can give us new versions of pilots we already have without necessarily giving us new ship tokens. They can give Luke a new ability and we'd be able to just use the ship token we already have. There might be some issues with that sort of thing but there is a certain level of "presume players already have a ship token" that is available. 

On 8/1/2019 at 10:16 PM, Mrk1984 said:

Edit: Nevermind, she can just drop 2 at a time.

Paige Tico better drop her remaining bombs when she is destroyed (up to 2?)

After dropping a device, she can spend a charge to drop another. We don't know how many charges she has (or if they regen), but if she had 3, she could drop 4 bombs in one go.

So how about Morna Kee, "Determined Attache" on the Decimator.

They have 3 non-recurring charges to spend, and the pilot ability appears to allow spending a charge to flip a damage card during the end phase.

Then there is something about "full arc" that I can't work out...

swz66_sample.jpg

Posted (edited)

Going down the list of pilots, I like the Rebel pilots. Another VCX pilot is cool, and another B-Wing isn't bad either, full judgment will be reserved until we see initiative and abilities. Leia in the Falcon is cool, but I heard she is I5, which boggles my mind. But, but, but... K-2SO!!! Decent initiative and a lighter version of 1st Edition Soontir's ability. Awesome.

Empire gets Fifth Brother in the TIE/v1 which I enjoy. I assume his ability is to spend a force to change a eyeball to a crit. I'm curious about his initiative. A new striker is cool, but the new pilot VT49 that looks like it can flip down crits looks like a solid Decimator.

Scum... I am disappoint. 3 pilots for 3 subpar chassis. If the JM5K pilot is any good, that means a fix for the remaining pilots is unlikely. If the M3A is priced decently, perhaps it could be useful. As they are priced, the I3 M3A is three points less than the I3 Starwing which is a bit imbalanced. Bossk in a Z95 is the highlight, which is okay I suppose.

For Resistance, Paige in the StarFortress seems good. I'm not certain we needed more RZA2 pilots as every single Resistance A-wing sees play time (which is kinda wild). As I'm certain we will see Lando pilot the Falcon in the next movie, I'd have rather seen him as a pilot.

First Order getting two more named SF pilots is good, as it is a great chassis and is worth exploring more abilities on. Rush in the Silencer presumably will have an ability that takes advantage of the ship's speed, so I have good hopes.

Aside from pilots, I hope the config for the B-wings is good. Perhaps something that lightens up the dial or makes cannons worth taking (extra die for bullseye perhaps).

Edited by 5050Saint

3 hours ago, Rossetti1828 said:

So how about Morna Kee, "Determined Attache" on the Decimator.

They have 3 non-recurring charges to spend, and the pilot ability appears to allow spending a charge to flip a damage card during the end phase.

Then there is something about "full arc" that I can't work out...

swz66_sample.jpg

Kind of odd nomenclature. If it's referring to damage cards, shouldn't it say "Expose" or "Repair?" Also, where do you see the three non-recurring charges?

1 minute ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Kind of odd nomenclature. If it's referring to damage cards, shouldn't it say "Expose" or "Repair?" Also, where do you see the three non-recurring charges?

Look through the middle of the base plate in front of the pilot card.

Oo, genius at work, spotting those 3 charges.

Nomenclature is weird but flipping a card, (only assuming a damage card), can work both ways. She may have a choice of effects, depending on which way it is being flipped.

7 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Oo, genius at work, spotting those 3 charges.

Nomenclature is weird but flipping a card, (only assuming a damage card), can work both ways. She may have a choice of effects, depending on which way it is being flipped.

What if I flip it sideways? :) 

Posted (edited)

The last line might read ".... rear full arc instead..." 

The picture of the ship getting harassed by X-wings from behind would suggest it's something to do with enemies in the rear full arc.

(Although the Rules Reference calls it "full rear arc", not "rear full arc".)

(Also interesting that this might be a Decimator that wants to keep its turrets front/back rather than left/right.)

Edited by Rossetti1828

2 hours ago, Rossetti1828 said:

The last line might read ".... rear full arc instead..." 

The picture of the ship getting harassed by X-wings from behind would suggest it's something to do with enemies in the rear full arc.

(Although the Rules Reference calls it "full rear arc", not "rear full arc".)

(Also interesting that this might be a Decimator that wants to keep its turrets front/back rather than left/right.)

A slight flaw in that thinking is that 'rear' ends in ...ar. But I did briefly think it might be something to do with friendly ships and 'their' full arc, so....

On 8/9/2019 at 8:22 AM, 5050Saint said:

Decent initiative and a lighter version of 1st Edition Soontir's ability

Take debris gambit for that calc+evade and pretend you’re reliving the baron’s glory days!

55 minutes ago, asterborn said:

Take debris gambit for that calc+evade and pretend you’re reliving the baron’s glory days!

It would be a good idea if Debris Gambit had "you may treat the action as white at range 1 of an obstacle" written on it. Sadly, it's a must, and with a medium base, you're gonna end up at range 1 of an obstacle more often than not.

Posted (edited)

K2 probably won't need any upgrades as the U wing comes stocked with a red coordinate

Everything else is gravy, unless someone runs the numbers on c3po and see how worthwhile he is while guessing one evade on two green dice 

Edited by ficklegreendice

24 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

😠

2x swz63_coaxium-hyperfuel.png

Yeah that is really a BIG FAT slap into the face of Scum mains. Finally, finally a new Illicit (the slot that us supposed to be defining the faction) and again, a whole new faction, but not a single Scum ship gets it.

Ok, the card is not that good. You better try this on a ship with many hitpoints, and even then with the "wrong" crit it can be game over. But still the slap!

Having 2 in the pack is a really strange decision. As its basically only the Fireball which can equip it, and that ship actually should have been unique, as it is obe if a kind.

There might be coming something we do not know yet.