dsul413

Hotshots and Aces Pilots

5 minutes ago, prauxim said:

You can see parts of the force powers in the Wave V / BTL-B Y wing spread (high res here)

Yeah, was hoping RZ1 would get some love

It looks like the only ships that are getting new pilots are ships that have been re-released so far, so maybe we can expect more as more ships come into 2nd edition. 

24 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

My guess: Depletion tokens reduce your attack values by 1, until you perform an attack or a blue move.  Kind of the mirror image of Strain tokens, but for red dice rather than green dice.

Would have to be this, as removing charges would just be a weird hyperspecific counter as opposed to just a generally useful mechanic 

16 pilots only? And a bunch of generally meh upgrades? You kidding. Even if there’s some good pilots  

also no ciena ree? 

Disappointing. 

(Thank gods it gives moldy crow to those who don’t have it but lol. As someone who’s converted almost everything. Big meh) 

19 minutes ago, Smikies02 said:

Precognitive Reflexes are akin to Supernatural, but with a strain if you don't have the action on your action bar. Might be other limits as well.

Both are in the Republic Y-Wing release

You can't perform another action during your activation. 

3 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

16 pilots only? And a bunch of generally meh upgrades? You kidding. Even if there’s some good pilots  

also no ciena ree? 

Disappointing. 

(Thank gods it gives moldy crow to those who don’t have it but lol. As someone who’s converted almost everything. Big meh) 

Eh, it may not be a "must buy" for everyone, but at least it should shut up the people screaming about FFG being a pack of liars.

Also, it sets precedence so we can hope for future, similar packs.

15 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Would have to be this, as removing charges would just be a weird hyperspecific counter as opposed to just a generally useful mechanic 

Considering how much uses charges now, I think it would be specialized, but not necessarily "hyperspecific".

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Considering how much uses charges now, I think it would be specialized, but not necessarily "hyperspecific".

It is hyperspecific

Either it shuts down the occasional recurring charge like Dengar's, does NOTHING to recurring charges like Poe's, and then completely bends Ordnance over

Edited by ficklegreendice

6 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Eh, it may not be a "must buy" for everyone, but at least it should shut up the people screaming about FFG being a pack of liars.

Also, it sets precedence so we can hope for future, similar packs.

As someone who's only played since 2.0, flies Rebel and Resistance, and has a deep, bordering on unnatural, love of B-Wings this is as must buy for me. 😁

1 minute ago, ficklegreendice said:

It is hyperspecific

Either it shuts down the occasional recurring charge like Dengar's, does NOTHING to recurring charges like Poe's, and then completely bends Ordnance over

How many lists have you seen with no charges?  O_o

2 minutes ago, It’s One Of Ours said:

I’ve got a bad feeling about this...

Rebel-captured Gunboats with Illicit slots: CONFIRMED!!

3 minutes ago, It’s One Of Ours said:

I’ve got a bad feeling about this...

The upgrade is only equipable to the Fireball right now (check its spread) so its a meh to me until S&V gets access to the SLAM action.

swz63_coaxium-hyperfuel.png

So, I do think the pilot box is a little upgrade heavy when there was supposedly an upgrade box for it (fully loaded).

That said, I’m still buying it. I want to fly at least some of each faction’s pilot list (possible exception to Resistance because I just don’t know them). I’m super happy about K2 and Leia. Also, more force users for the empire is cool.

You can’t please everyone. But this looks great to me.

I am also super hyped about the other two boxes - I probably already own all the obstacles unless they did new gas clouds and I have almost everything in the bomb box, but I don’t care. I get environment conditions to play xwing now!! Be still my filthy casual heart!!

I am in for one of each card box for all the scenarios plus the new pilots. I’ll probably pick up the Resistance tv show ships as well. The others are eh, not for me but I’m ok with that. This is an expensive wave as is. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

How many lists have you seen with no charges?  O_o

Like I already said...

Not every charge is "counter able"

For example, Poe Dameron spends his before engagement. Jess uses her on defense. Etc etc etc

Also, how many lists are there where every single ship has charges? Vulture swarm? If you run into obi arc-a-nobi, will you be happy knowing your mags only do their thing against the hardest to hit pilot of the bunch?

Hence, hyperspecific

Nerfing attack dice is a far better ability Ito game design because it is applicable regardless of matchup. Only issue ofc is it favors the guy shooting first, so it's gonna be exclusively a high I missile

Edited by ficklegreendice

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

The upgrade is only equipable to the Fireball right now (check its spread) so its a meh to me until S&V gets access to the SLAM action.

swz63_coaxium-hyperfuel.png

I think that's exactly his point.  The fact that this includes two of them means there's got to be something in the works that can use them (since the Fireball has its own).  So either Scum will get another way to SLAM soon, or something non-Scum will get Illicit.

1 minute ago, ficklegreendice said:

Like I already said...

Not every charge is "counter able"

For example, Poe Dameron spends his before engagement. Jess uses her on defense. Etc etc etc

Also, how many lists are there where every single ship has charges? Vulture swarm?

Hence, hyperspecific

Sure, the ability would be able to do something against the vast majority of lists out there, but there's one case that's an exception (assuming nothing else on the list is using charges), therefore it's hyperspecific!  Of course, it's so obvious now!

4 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Nerfing attack dice is a far better ability Ito game design because it is applicable regardless of matchup 

I agree that nerfing dice is far more likely, but it would still be nice to have some way of knocking off charges in the future (though, probably without also doing damage or other effects).

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

So either Scum 1) will get another way to SLAM soon, or something 2) non-Scum will get Illicit

1) Burnout SLAM doesn't exist in 2.0 so "another way" is more accurately stated as "a way".

2) even knowing your opinion of the faction, if FFG keeps making upgrades for S&V's signature slot that S&V cannot equip they risk killing the faction. With the way the points adjustments have been going this is looking to be happening sooner than later unless they rethink what they're doing.

Also, for S&V to benefit from the upgrade on more than just the Kihraxz and Lancer, anything that adds the SLAM action will have to be a mod slot.

Edited by Hiemfire

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

1) Burnout SLAM doesn't exist in 2.0 so "another way" is more accurately stated as "a way".

Ah, thanks for pointing that out.  The Illicit slot was making me think the Fireball was Scum.

2 minutes ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

Wait... what the heck are STABILIZED S-Foils? The T-65 has Servomotor S-Foils and the T-70 has Integrated S-Foils... could these be for the B-Wing?!

It shows up on the quick build card for Gina Moonsong and the Blade Squadron shown in the preview so here's hoping!

Just now, Pa Weasley said:

It shows up on the quick build card for Gina Moonsong and the Blade Squadron shown in the preview so here's hoping!

Thanks! I JUST saw the other thread! I'm VERY excited for these card packs! :D

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

Perhaps the new Scum pilots in this card pack will have Slam? We haven't seen those yet have we? 

Bossk Z-95  has been revealed. The M3-A doesn't have the Illicit slot so it is really unlikely that G4R-GOR V/M will have SLAM. Possibly Nom Lumb in the Jumpmaster, but I doubt it...

Bossk Z-95. He's in both the Pilot pack and the Houndstooh re-release:

swz58_bossk.png

Edited by Hiemfire

4 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Bossk Z-95  has been revealed. The M3-A doesn't have the Illicit slot so it is really unlikely that G4R-GOR V/M will have SLAM. Possibly Nom Lumb in the Jumpmaster, but I doubt it...

Bossk Z-95. He's in both the Pilot pack and the Houndstooh re-release:

swz58_bossk.png

Hmm, as much as I dislike Scum in general, and as much as I dislike Bossk specifically, this looks like it could make a pretty fun build...

Also, I now want to paint my Hound's Tooth in bright colors and rename it the Friendly Hound's Tooth.  

9 minutes ago, Pa Weasley said:

You gotta know FFG's bad at goofs when its listed as a config card, and shown on multiple Bwing QB card, and you still have to be hopeful that it's a Bwing config 😂

1 minute ago, prauxim said:

You gotta know FFG's bad at goofs when its listed as a config card, and shown on multiple Bwing QB card, and you still have to be hopeful that it's a Bwing config 😂

Quick builds don't always use the same rules as points builds.