Sign in to follow this  
Teneyedman

Kyrsta Agate scope

7 hours ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

No, you can use tokens as normal, including the one you gain from her. The effect of discarding it is a bonus letting you discard a token to resolve its effect. That could probably save your ship if an opponent used an accuracy on that defense token, as you will be able to resolve its effect anyways.

Yeah, had to go re read the card. 😁

I’m loving the idea of using her as a way to make a Home One resistant (not entirely immune though) to squadrons. 

Agate and the new shield techs to give a home one 3 redirects. Each one can stop one damage, which stops almost all non-bomber hits and stops a lot of bomber hits. 

“What my opponent doesn’t have squads?” says the rational people. Well then Agate brings a second brace or a salvo token for the fun

On 11/3/2019 at 4:15 PM, Drasnighta said:

... Avenger, Faulty Countermeasures, Accuracy Results Spent on Tokens...

And Mon Karren :D

As a side note:

The wording on the card says 'you can't resolve the effect of each defense token more than once per attack" but what if you are a resolving a different effect from that token? e.g. you can spend the token to use Expert Shields Techs as, per the wording of that card, you are doing so "instead of resolving that token's effect." So then you can use Agate to discard that token and resolve the effect of the redirect token. As per the wording of the rules you aren't resolving the effect of the redirect token twice.

Edited by Zamalekite

On 11/13/2019 at 9:58 PM, Church14 said:

I’m loving the idea of using her as a way to make a Home One resistant (not entirely immune though) to squadrons. 

Agate and the new shield techs to give a home one 3 redirects. Each one can stop one damage, which stops almost all non-bomber hits and stops a lot of bomber hits. 

“What my opponent doesn’t have squads?” says the rational people. Well then Agate brings a second brace or a salvo token for the fun

Yes, but Sloane.

2 hours ago, RapidReload said:

Yes, but Sloane.

Sure. There’s always a bad matchup. 

If I take salvo, I can punish *a* sloane squad. Which isn’t enough. Taking contain makes no sense. Redirect with EST is limited against sloane as the die is spent. 

So I bring a brace. That makes it harder (but not hard) for sloane to exhaust both braces and makes discarding both harder. It also means that I can use agate on the inevitable Avenger shot so I don’t just die from it. Not a perfect counter. Agate just means that I can always brace against an Avenger

Edited by Church14

1 minute ago, Church14 said:

Sure. There’s always a bad matchup. 

If I take salvo, I can punish *a* sloane squad. Which isn’t enough.

So I bring a brace. That makes it harder (but not hard) for sloane to exhaust both braces and makes discarding both harder. It also means that I can use agate on the inevitable Avenger shot so I don’t just die from it. Not a perfect counter. Agate just means that I can always brace against an Avenger

I actually like Agata. Its a cheap Admiral with a useful ability against current Meta problems.

Hi all,

to just double check: The defense token from Agate is a normal one, which can be used as all other defense tokens? The discard effect from Agate is an additional effect (e.g. The brace is blocked by acc, then I can still discard the token to use it)?

I am asking as an opponent claimed that the Agate token needs to be discarded if I want to use it. So it would be just a single use.

Best,

b2w

24 minutes ago, Beginner2Winner said:

to just double check: The defense token from Agate is a normal one, which can be used as all other defense tokens?

Yes.

24 minutes ago, Beginner2Winner said:

The discard effect from Agate is an additional effect (e.g. The brace is blocked by acc, then I can still discard the token to use it)?

Yes.

25 minutes ago, Beginner2Winner said:

I am asking as an opponent claimed that the Agate token needs to be discarded if I want to use it. So it would be just a single use.

That is wrong.