Sign in to follow this  
Teneyedman

Kyrsta Agate scope

How large is Agate's effect? Generally, "you" in an upgrade refers to the ship you're on, so is this our first commander that only affects one ship? I saw someone theorizing that the first part only applies to one ship and the second part is fleetwide, but both parts just say "you," so I can't see any reason to think that isn't all one or the other.

If it's fleetwide, she seems very strong for 20 points. If it's single-ship, she doesn't seem like any other commander in the game. My money is on single-ship, but an official ruling would definitely help.

swm32_kyrsta-agate.png

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Teneyedman said:

How large is Agate's effect? Generally, "you" in an upgrade refers to the ship you're on, so is this our first commander that only affects one ship? I saw someone theorizing that the first part only applies to one ship and the second part is fleetwide, but both parts just say "you," so I can't see any reason to think that isn't all one or the other.

If it's fleetwide, she seems very strong for 20 points. If it's single-ship, she doesn't seem like any other commander in the game. My money is on single-ship, but an official ruling would definitely help.

swm32_kyrsta-agate.png

As far as I understand is only for the ship she is in. If not the wording should be like other commanders, saying for example "During a friendly ship's..." instead of "During your..."

Edited by Lemmiwinks86

Just now, Norell said:

Which leads to the question: Does Agate worth taking on anything other than a Starhawk?

As a force multiplier, she’s obviously better multiplying a larger base value.

Byt there are certainly other bonuses to be explored - especially as a “cheap” admiral.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Norell said:

Which leads to the question: Does Agate worth taking on anything other than a Starhawk?

We don't actually know that she will be good on the Starhawk since we don't know its defense token suite. 

I think she'll be nice on a Liberty for redundant redirects and since the Liberty can't take ECMs. 

The idea of adding a second brace to an MC80 is also pretty hilarious although I don't know if it's worth 20 points.

I think all of the Rebel Larges will get good use out of her. 

If nothing else, she is a replacement Dodonna for fleets that don't have APTs or bombers.

Edited by hufflazon

2 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Some of those might be included for Agate specifically though, right?

Yes the ISD contained an evade because of Captain Needa. SSD has a scatter for Palpatain. 

If I had to  guess the Drumstick's natural defensive tokens are Brace, Redirect, Salvo, and Contain. All current large base ships have at least one duplicated defense token, except the drumstick*

*Maybe, I'm guessing. We'll know soon enough! 

14 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

Yes.  She gives you a second MC30 as robust as Landmonition and in the same list with it.

I actually love this concept. My favorite list has 4 MC30s but  it wasn't too competitive. Maybe now I'll give it another try.

I have a strong suspicion that if you're not using her to give a ship Salvo,  you're doing it wrong.  This opinion may change once the rules are released, but the ability to respond to an attack with your full battery is amazing.

5 hours ago, Norell said:

I actually love this concept. My favorite list has 4 MC30s but  it wasn't too competitive. Maybe now I'll give it another try.

Played it last night, and loved it. 

2Slicers, 4 MC30s, ACM+OE all around, Lando+Admo on one, Kyrsta+Walex on one, SFO on the other two.

There's surely some tuning to be done, but it was fun and worked fine.

On 8/2/2019 at 2:14 AM, Mad Cat said:

Yes the ISD contained an evade because of Captain Needa. SSD has a scatter for Palpatain. 

SSD has even a full set of 5 defense tokens for Palpatine. I asssume the Starhawk will have the same (5 extra defense tokens, all but the scatter).

4 minutes ago, Tokra said:

SSD has even a full set of 5 defense tokens for Palpatine. I asssume the Starhawk will have the same (5 extra defense tokens, all but the scatter).

I hope the ballista came with an extra salvo one to supply Palpa.