Sign in to follow this  
xanderf

Rebellion in the Rim cards spoiled!

Just now, Ling27 said:

For some commanders, thats not as big of an issue, like Motti.

A redeployed "go hang out over there" mottie isnt too bad.

It's not an issue for most commanders and a Corvus flagship is a safer lifeboat than any other. 

Posted (edited)

I just realized that to make it extra sweet, Harrow can equip Engine Techs. Sweet Imperial Jesus that ship with Jerry can really turn almost 180 in one activation... I'm in love.

Edited by Norell
2-1-2 to be exact.

2 hours ago, Norell said:

I just realized that to make it extra sweet, Harrow can equip Engine Techs. Sweet Imperial Jesus that ship with Jerry can really turn almost 180 in one activation... I'm in love.

Yeah, that's pretty much the entire point of the upgrade is the engine tech.

Still, I think I'll be running it more w/ QBT and sticking at "speed 1".  You are effectively still moving at speed 2, with a II-II dial, and you don't even need the nav dial to do it (not necessarily - obviously you'd need nav tokens somehow, but either way it's just the built-in capability of the title and engine techs, you aren't USING the command for anything but to trigger it), and can almost guarantee QBT always applies...

1 hour ago, xanderf said:

Still, I think I'll be running it more w/ QBT and sticking at "speed 1".  You are effectively still moving at speed 2, with a II-II dial, and you don't even need the nav dial to do it (not necessarily - obviously you'd need nav tokens somehow, but either way it's just the built-in capability of the title and engine techs, you aren't USING the command for anything but to trigger it), and can almost guarantee QBT always applies...

Yularen or the new officer would give you a nav token for fairly cheap (unless you wanted another officer). 

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2019 at 12:40 PM, xanderf said:

I think opening up the support team on the VSD is just a good idea in general. You have fighter coordination teams for a fighter 3 (or 4) platform, which you could follow up with a Flight commander if you're brave enough not to take Tua (which if this is clearly a carrier, that's a Fighter Coordination Teams on a tankier platform than the Quasar). For extra awesome carrier bonuses, stick Flight Controllers in the offensive slot. You have support options open with Projection experts on a decently tanky ship to support the rest of the fleet. Aux Shield Teams may not look like much, but at least on the approach you could send your shields to the sides to either redirect damage into or just tank as you make your way out of the battle zone.

Yeah Harrow isn't a perfect solution (as with many VSD "patches", it fixes only one VSD), but it opens up a platform at a lower point cost that's been overshadowed by the ISD for a very long time. Where you'd always default to a Demolisher cocktail for a 'second' ship with an ISD, maybe this warrants considering the VSD as your sidecar ship instead.

Edited by Norsehound

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:59 AM, Norsehound said:

Yeah Harrow isn't a perfect solution (as with many VSD "patches", it fixes only one VSD), but it opens up a platform at a lower point cost that's been overshadowed by the ISD for a very long time. Where you'd always default to a Demolisher cocktail for a 'second' ship with an ISD, maybe this warrants considering the VSD as your sidecar ship instead.

Heh, or you pair the VSD with its obvious title and upgrades, the GSD with its obvious title and upgrades, and the Quasar Fire with its obvious title and upgrades...and still have more than 100 pts for squads after your commander is picked...

🤩

1 hour ago, xanderf said:

Heh, or you pair the VSD with its obvious title and upgrades, the GSD with its obvious title and upgrades, and the Quasar Fire with its obvious title and upgrades...and still have more than 100 pts for squads after your commander is picked...

🤩

I dont know how to make it a spoiler, but like this?

Victory I (73)
• Wulff Yularen (7)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Quad Laser Turrets (5)
• Quad Battery Turrets (5)
• Assault Concussion Missiles (7)
• Harrow (3)
• Engine Techs (8)
= 112 Points

Gladiator I (56)
• Admiral Ozzel (2)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Demolisher (10)
= 87 Points

Quasar Fire I (54)
• Instructor Goran (7)
• Flight Controllers (6)
• Expanded Hangar Bay (5)
• Boosted Comms (4)
• Stronghold (5)
= 81 Points

Squadrons:
• Dengar (20)
• Ciena Ree (17)
• Mauler Mithel (15)
• Soontir Fel (18)
• Valen Rudor (13)
• Darth Vader (21)
• Major Rhymer (16)
= 120 Points

Total Points: 400

1 hour ago, Ling27 said:

I dont know how to make it a spoiler, but like this?

Victory I (73)
• Wulff Yularen (7)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Quad Laser Turrets (5)
• Quad Battery Turrets (5)
• Harrow (3)
• Engine Techs (8)
= 112 Points

Gladiator I (56)
• Admiral Ozzel (2)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Demolisher (10)
= 87 Points

Quasar Fire I (54)
• Instructor Goran (7)
• Flight Controllers (6)
• Expanded Hangar Bay (5)
• Boosted Comms (4)
• Stronghold (5)
= 81 Points

Squadrons:
• Dengar (20)
• Ciena Ree (17)
• Mauler Mithel (15)
• Soontir Fel (18)
• Valen Rudor (13)
• Darth Vader (21)
• Major Rhymer (16)
= 120 Points

Total Points: 400

I think you forgot something?

5 hours ago, 1728maxfirepower said:

So happy to see my Facebook post make it on here!

Should have done it myself, but you're welcome! Can't wait to play a campaign.

I think at least as many folks have been looking forward to RitR as the SSD - nice to finally see the cards!

(Although that was a LOOOOOOT of typing, let me tell ya...)

1 hour ago, DScipio said:

Nobody talking about:

Bild könnte enthalten: 1 Person

?

Not anymore.

There was a flurry of talk about her when she was one of the original leaked releases (alongside Sabine)...  Discussion with Iden has mostly died down due to time.  

3 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Not anymore.

There was a flurry of talk about her when she was one of the original leaked releases (alongside Sabine)...  Discussion with Iden has mostly died down due to time.  

Yeah, there was a half-dozen or so of the upgrade cards that had been previously spoiled, and I didn't re-include them here as they'd been discussed before quite a bit.

I *think* I just hit all the net-new ones.