Jump to content
GalacticFist

A New Age of Battle - Starhawk and Onager Preview

Recommended Posts

I think Starhawk will have four alvo tokens and no others. My logic being that *assuming* the picture is correct in the number and type of defence tokens (which it might not be) you need one scatter, brace, redirect and salvo token for our lovely new commander. That leaves the four remaining salvo tokens for the Starhawk itself. IMO this makes sense if you can toss a red token to acirvate, for example, the brace on the commander multiple times. The fact that you only have one type of token would make accuracy almost meaningless, and intel officer also rather pointless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Grathew said:

I think Starhawk will have four alvo tokens and no others. My logic being that *assuming* the picture is correct in the number and type of defence tokens (which it might not be) you need one scatter, brace, redirect and salvo token for our lovely new commander. That leaves the four remaining salvo tokens for the Starhawk itself. IMO this makes sense if you can toss a red token to acirvate, for example, the brace on the commander multiple times. The fact that you only have one type of token would make accuracy almost meaningless, and intel officer also rather pointless. 

No scatter but yes, that's a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me kyrsta is probably focused on a single ship.

After you deploy gain 1

and

during Your “spend defence token step”

 

This to me is clearly focused on a single ship...as the description you and your is always generally in FFG language focused on the ship with the specific upgrade card.

 

other admirals have clear descriptions such as “each friendly ship” etc. 

 

She he is also only 20 points so she’s not going to give a really high level fleet wide effect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is nobody freaking out by the OP nature of salvo? Use the new admiral to put it on a flotilla and it can throw 12 dice back at an SSD? That's so unrealistic and game breaking. Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Andydabeast said:

How is nobody freaking out by the OP nature of salvo? Use the new admiral to put it on a flotilla and it can throw 12 dice back at an SSD? That's so unrealistic and game breaking. Am I missing something?

I don't think that's how the salvo token is going to work. To my knowledge the salvo mechanism hasn't been revealed yet, but I guess you either counter with the dice of the arc that got attacked, or half of that, or with a set number of dice (like the squadron counter x keyword).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 2:49 PM, Andydabeast said:

How is nobody freaking out by the OP nature of salvo? Use the new admiral to put it on a flotilla and it can throw 12 dice back at an SSD? That's so unrealistic and game breaking. Am I missing something?

0/10 nice try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Belisarius09 said:

Sooo... any ideas on how to kill admo when it has brace added to its defense token suite?

1) "Prepare a boarding party."

2) Generate accuracy results with large dice pools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Krysta will work very well with expert shield tech equipped doom pickle, you can now not have the ECM ( Krysta covers you) so your defence retro fit can be really nasty advanced projects and EWS or reinforced  blast doors.

expert shield tech just becomes dirty with 3 redirects with EWS, you can both ignore small death from a thousand cut attacks and force fighters to attack from a different arch that you want to fire your main battery from letting you play flak games with your second attack....EWS is great at stopping the traditional exploitation of the doom pickles lack of gunnery team and expert shield tech with  3 redirects is a lovely way to keep your pickle ticking through a fighter swarm.

Edited by player3691565
Added a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 11:57 AM, xero989 said:

Salvo tokens are amazing sure there will be ways to add them with upgrades, but I think it would be awsome if every ship in the game just retroactivity got one like eratta the rules to say in addition to the standard deffinse tokens assinged to a ship each ship gets 1 salvo token. Would really swing first last stuff almost completely out the door, but then that would make these mandatory expansion to even play the game so probably not just hope there are a lot of options to add these guys.

I disagree.  I hope there are ways to get it on older ships, but having it everywhere would be a bit much.  

On 8/1/2019 at 12:32 PM, NightAngel47 said:

While it would make no sense, my brain's immediate response to the Salvo token allowing ships to return fire "shot for shot", was that they would attack back with the same dice pool the attacker just used. Which would lead to the hilarious situation of a GR75 swinging back at an ISD with 8 dice.

Personally, my guess is that "shot for shot" just means that it'll be some sort of full attack, and not just rolling a single, red die, or something to that nature.

All the dice, though, does sound rather strong.  Perhaps there are restrictions, such as not being able to spend other defense tokens?

On 8/28/2019 at 9:29 AM, Rune Taq said:

Ok I'm anyone going to ask the obvious question???

Why do commander Beck AND Kyrsta agate Both have one red eye?? Is this a sybernetic implant or just a comanders HUD devise.

FFG was running low on their stock of real eyeballs, and they're not scheduled for reprint until next year, so they could only afford to give each of them one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 8:29 AM, Rune Taq said:

Ok I'm anyone going to ask the obvious question???

Why do commander Beck AND Kyrsta agate Both have one red eye?? Is this a sybernetic implant or just a comanders HUD devise.

They don’t, or rather Agate doesn’t. See, on Krysta Agate’s card, that’s not her reflection, it’s Commander Beck dressed as Agate standing on the other side of the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tayloraj100 said:

They don’t, or rather Agate doesn’t. See, on Krysta Agate’s card, that’s not her reflection, it’s Commander Beck dressed as Agate standing on the other side of the window.

I think you making a joke but I couldn't hear the sarcasm if you were. Haha so my apologies if your not making a joke but you are most definitely incorrect good sir.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rune Taq said:

I think you making a joke but I couldn't hear the sarcasm if you were. Haha so my apologies if your not making a joke but you are most definitely incorrect good sir.  

No, it seriously is. Commander Beck is really into Krysta Agate cosplay. I’m glad that’s back in canon now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 12:08 AM, Tayloraj100 said:

They don’t, or rather Agate doesn’t. See, on Krysta Agate’s card, that’s not her reflection, it’s Commander Beck dressed as Agate standing on the other side of the window.

In WW1, when the Allies and the Central Powers celebrated Christmas, they played soccer together.

The Rebels and the Imperials do the same thing for Life Day, only instead of playing sports, they perform old Marx Brothers gags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 10:08 PM, Tayloraj100 said:

They don’t, or rather Agate doesn’t. See, on Krysta Agate’s card, that’s not her reflection, it’s Commander Beck dressed as Agate standing on the other side of the window.

 

2 hours ago, Tayloraj100 said:

No, it seriously is. Commander Beck is really into Krysta Agate cosplay. I’m glad that’s back in canon now.

 

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

In WW1, when the Allies and the Central Powers celebrated Christmas, they played soccer together.

The Rebels and the Imperials do the same thing for Life Day, only instead of playing sports, they perform old Marx Brothers gags.

 

 

Well, To be Fair...  In the very text, Agate states that its not Her Face she's seeing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...