Jump to content
GalacticFist

A New Age of Battle - Starhawk and Onager Preview

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, xanderf said:

 

Yeah, that's really the only logical way to read that.  Still, though...5 copies of the salvo token.  That's...surprising.

 

Possibly any ship in the game can replace a (non contain hopefully) defence token for a Salvo token. Or maybe only medium - Large ships etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

She's absolutely amazing, even for just one ship. She's dirt cheap and can potentially make some ships viable and viable ships downright awesome. MC75, Liberty and Nebulon could really use a redirect. Admonition would be crazy with brace. ****, even Home One wouldn't mind an evade or a second brace.

She's gonna see a lot of table time folks.

EDIT: seriosly asmodee, H E L L is a forbidden word now? I mean, I understand  you want to keep the language civil but that one's straight from Bible for chrissakes. Just to test: I'm gonna use another one from bible and if you don't censor this one, you're biased. Here it goes:

heaven

Edited by Lightrock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bleezy said:

Wow does she really only affect your flagship? That's what it sounds like now. That seems pretty expensive honestly, compared to ECM. Yeah you get an extra token, but still.

It still has a lot of value in simply being a cheap way to fill the commander slot and providing access to tokens ships were balanced around not having. Its ECM effect however, is strictly worse, and you may still want to run ECM’s with it on a larger ship. Or Walex.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Madaghmire said:

It still has a lot of value in simply being a cheap way to fill the commander slot and providing access to tokens ships were balanced around not having. Its ECM effect however, is strictly worse, and you may still want to run ECM’s with it on a larger ship. Or Walex.

 

To be honest. Considering what Salvo token does. If she was fleetwide, man!, that's almost Rieekan prenerf!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Feel Free.

But remember, “You” or “ Your” is “the ship this is equipped on”

That's true. Especially for 20 points that's probably what she does. But it's pretty boring.


 

Edited by hufflazon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some reads I've caught overlooking spreads

Heavy fire zone(TL): While attacking a squadron before gathering dice if the defender is not engaged with a friendly squadron you may replace all your blue dice in your squadron armament with red dice.

Krysta (officer): Red or blue crit(?). you can resolve spend critical effects... salvo

interesting refence of this card is possibly salvo attacks can not naturally spend crit dice for effects.

Wede(?)(officer) before... squadron... may spend... choose...sqaud(?)... strategic(?)...thoose...cloak

Gunnery Chief Varine(weapons team) After you deploy place 1... die set to a blank face on this card. If you are second player set it to any face instead. While attacking a ship (you) may exchange 1 dice from (your) attack pool with the die (on) this card. Both dice ??? set to the same face

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ovinomanc3r said:

To be honest. Considering what Salvo token does. If she was fleetwide, man!, that's almost Rieekan prenerf!

I’m not 100% sure what salvo does yet/what restrictions there are on it. I think one of the cards in the rebel set thats hidden lets you resolve crit effects while using salvo (speculative...I’m doing some guesswork at what im reading). You may also not be able to use upgrades while using salvo. I have no idea. So I’m not really thinking about how it balances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it would make no sense, my brain's immediate response to the Salvo token allowing ships to return fire "shot for shot", was that they would attack back with the same dice pool the attacker just used. Which would lead to the hilarious situation of a GR75 swinging back at an ISD with 8 dice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Wraithdt said:

I think you need to read the whole text of the card. The last few lines say it does not remove a die even if the attack is also obstructed by a card effect. Sounds like he does counter Cracken.

The excat text is "even if it is also" meaning in addition to. So the card is adding a die if LOS is blocked by a ship or obstical and negatests obstructed from card effects, but only if LOS is blocked by a ship or obsitcal. If you are just obstructed because of a card effect and there are no ships or obsticals in the way you still will lose a die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, xanderf said:

That 'extra defense token' thing really is bonkers, though.

nebulon-b-escort-frigate.png +pic4875555.jpg + swm32_kyrsta-agate.png

Hmmm....what defense token to add...what defense token to add...

 

So, is the max for a Neb-B able to hit 4, if you use enough Repair Commands/Tokens, or if I Recover and Move 1 to 2, then can I move 2 to 3, and 3 to 4? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hyperspace Ninja said:

Some reads I've caught overlooking spreads

Heavy fire zone(TL): While attacking a squadron before gathering dice if the defender is not engaged with a friendly squadron you may replace all your blue dice in your squadron armament with red dice.

Krysta (officer): Red or blue crit(?). you can resolve spend critical effects... salvo

interesting refence of this card is possibly salvo attacks can not naturally spend crit dice for effects.

Wede(?)(officer) before... squadron... may spend... choose...sqaud(?)... strategic(?)...thoose...cloak

Gunnery Chief Varine(weapons team) After you deploy place 1... die set to a blank face on this card. If you are second player set it to any face instead. While attacking a ship (you) may exchange 1 dice from (your) attack pool with the die (on) this card. Both dice ??? set to the same face

There is one title? of the imperial ship that exhaust/discard? some upgrade cards as a black/blue critical effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Lightrock said:

She's absolutely amazing, even for just one ship. She's dirt cheap and can potentially make some ships viable and viable ships downright awesome. MC75, Liberty and Nebulon could really use a redirect. Admonition would be crazy with brace. ****, even Home One wouldn't mind an evade or a second brace.

 

She can also be a Rebel Captain Needa for only 10 times the cost.:rolleyes:

Mon Karren with TRCs anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hyperspace Ninja said:

Some reads I've caught overlooking spreads

Heavy fire zone(TL): While attacking a squadron before gathering dice if the defender is not engaged with a friendly squadron you may replace all your blue dice in your squadron armament with red dice.

Krysta (officer): Red or blue crit(?). you can resolve spend critical effects... salvo

interesting refence of this card is possibly salvo attacks can not naturally spend crit dice for effects.

Wede(?)(officer) before... squadron... may spend... choose...sqaud(?)... strategic(?)...thoose...cloak

Gunnery Chief Varine(weapons team) After you deploy place 1... die set to a blank face on this card. If you are second player set it to any face instead. While attacking a ship (you) may exchange 1 dice from (your) attack pool with the die (on) this card. Both dice ??? set to the same face

Yea if I read HFZ right, they swap out blues for reds and allow you to swat flies at long range. Nasty with Krennic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

I am curious about how a yaw value at speed 0 is gonna be resolve.

It can do that?

Maybe move speed 1 from rear base?

Like an SSD.

Only thing I can think of.

Not a perfect solution, but ships 'drift' when they turn already, so the man tool isn't that accurate.

If not, then some special tool or template in the expansion box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...