GalacticFist

A New Age of Battle - Starhawk and Onager Preview

1 minute ago, NightAngel47 said:

I can see the argument for why you'd only gain a defense token on one ship, but it seems weird that there are so many Salvo defense tokens coming with this expansion. 

I'm definitely hoping there is a way to get Salvo tokens spread around because it would have a huge impact on the game. Last/first will be less effective or at least harder to pull off. It also felt a little weird to me to have ships die without firing a shot when they should be theoretically exchanging fire at the same time.

My first thought was also that she was a way to get salvo to older ships.

Posted (edited)

swm32_kyrsta-agate.png

The first line saying "After YOU deploy" so I think it applies only to Agate's flagship.

Also in the article it says "This skill allows one of your existing ships to take advantage of the new salvo defense tokens introduced in this expansion."

The word YOU on an upgrade applies to the ship it is on. Coupled with her cheap cost and terror of 7 Bracing TRC90s if not the case....

It's a bad photo of our new commander. She has a bit of red-eye. Don't use too much flash, change the exposure and shutter speed.😉

Edited by Mad Cat

Just now, Mad Cat said:

swm32_kyrsta-agate.png

The first line saying "After YOU deploy" so I think it applies only to Agate's flagship. The word YOU on an upgrade applies to the ship it is on. Coupled with her cheap cost and terror of 7 Bracing TRC90s if not the case....

It's a bad photo of our new commander. She has a bit of red-eye. Don't use too much flash, change the exposure and shutter speed.😉

Ok yes, but those cr90s would burn through their tokens pretty fast. Especially if your opponent was using intel officer or palpatine.

1 minute ago, Mad Cat said:

There’s only so much you can do when you’re shot in the face with a holdout blaster during what is supposed to be a celebration of a prisoner rescue, but they all turn out to be brainwashed assassins

1 minute ago, Mad Cat said:

swm32_kyrsta-agate.png

The first line saying "After YOU deploy" so I think it applies only to Agate's flagship. The word YOU on an upgrade applies to the ship it is on. Coupled with her cheap cost and terror of 7 Bracing TRC90s if not the case....

Adding similar wording

swm17-endeavor.png

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Mad Cat said:

The first line saying "After YOU deploy" so I think it applies only to Agate's flagship.

Also in the article it says "This skill allows one of your existing ships to take advantage of the new salvo defense tokens introduced in this expansion."

The word YOU on an upgrade applies to the ship it is on. Coupled with her cheap cost and terror of 7 Bracing TRC90s if not the case....

Yeah, that's really the only logical way to read that.  Still, though...5 copies of the salvo token.  That's...surprising.

6 minutes ago, bleezy said:

Naturally the large numbers of salvo tokens is because these expansions have upgrade cards that let you equip these tokens on other types of ships.

Certainly this is one possibility.  I don't see an upgrade in the fan that looks like an obvious candidate for it, though.

8 minutes ago, Touston said:

Can we talk about a subtle thing everyone has missed. The Starhawk preview has 5 volley defences, 1 brace, 1 redirect, 1 evade, 1 contain.

the admiral adds one of any defence except scatter. Needa adds an evade and the box he came in had an extra evade.

i think the starhawk has 4 volleys as defences and NOTHING ELSE

LOL.  Fair point on that - ANOTHER possibility!

Edited by xanderf

Just now, BrotherFett said:

Can someone explain the benefit of Commander Beck? I'm a tad confused. . . Thanks! 

Twice per turn, you can basically just do Command token Commands. Without the tokens, from nothing.

But atbthe cost of not being able to do that Command again until you clear it

Just now, BrotherFett said:

Can someone explain the benefit of Commander Beck? I'm a tad confused. . . Thanks! 

You gain up to to command tokens by the face let activation. At the price of not being able to resolve that command anymore until you get rid of those raid tokens.

Wow does she really only affect your flagship? That's what it sounds like now. That seems pretty expensive honestly, compared to ECM. Yeah you get an extra token, but still.

Just now, Madaghmire said:

I think its a dangerous to base anything on point cost.

Have we had any commander yet that only affected the ship that they were on?

Nope. 

But that is EXPLICITLY the way she is written.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

I think its a dangerous to base anything on point cost.

Have we had any commander yet that only affected the ship that they were on?

Yes,

Piett only affects his Flagship aswell

@Drasnighta

Well this is kinda awkward, did I miss something?

I am...

Edited by Captain_Nemo