hothorbust

Are you new to the hobby aspect? Are you ready for hard plasticss?

6 hours ago, Thraug said:

I haven't I haven't used plastic glue in years. What is the best plastic glue to use for these Legion sprues?

Ive seen a lot of people recommend Tamya, and I agree they are good, but any liquid cement for models should really work. Ive been using Model Master because its got a nice thin tube applicator and my game store stocks it.

Ive been working though destroyer droids and Grievous on my breaks at work, havent touched the battle droids yet. And while there are a lot of parts, and the instructions leave something to be desired IMHO the models are really nice. I haven't done many new GW models, but these compare very favorably to the gaunts I was putting together a month ago. They are I think a bit more on the fiddly side than is ideal I think, but a lot better than some of GW's earlier sprues and much more detailed.

I own every kind of glue imaginable, so that is a non issue. I'm just excited for sprues mainly because of the issues I've had with missing and/or wrong parts in the little plastic bags. I own an average amount of Legion minis; almost everything for Rebels and about half of the Imperial expansions. I've had to contact FFG 4 times to get the parts that were missing, as recently as my Landspeeder having two of the same engine covers. Give me sprues for everything. The chances for wrong parts pretty much disappears. 

18 hours ago, joewrightgm said:

With all due respect, I’m not sure you know how plastic glue works.  

The plastic that battledroids and other manufacturers kits are made of means that if you use a dedicated plastic glue, it chemically welds the parts together, making it sturdier than super glue.

thats why I was horrified/fascinated with the fifth legion guys assembling grevious with super glue and zip kick (which increases the brittleness of super glue over time, leading to breakage).  

I've been playing GW trash for years. I know how bad plastic glue is.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, lologrelol said:

I've been playing GW trash for years. I know how bad plastic glue is.

Umm... wow.  many things I would call GW plastic, but trash is not one of them.

My presumption would be user error.  Unless you’re sloppy with the glue or using something like testors, you don’t have a problem generally.

Edited by joewrightgm

15 hours ago, joewrightgm said:

Umm... wow.  many things I would call GW plastic, but trash is not one of them.

My presumption would be user error.  Unless you’re sloppy with the glue or using something like testors, you don’t have a problem generally.

I wasn't talking about the quality of the plastic. Their games are trash.