JadinED

Onager's and Starhawk's Unusual Target Points

I hope the borders of the narrow green front arc on the Onager don't block being shot at. If they did there is a position off the starboad bow (about the Onager's 2 o'clock) where you couldn't shoot it.

I wonder if an Onager can fire out the narrow green arc with  3Red 2Blue 2Black and also fire out the wider front arc with 2 Red 2Blue 1Black. Could you do this to seperate targets or even if double arced to the same poor ship. 

On a more general note, in order not to make any existing large ships obsolete, I hope both these ships move and turn like a VSD shaped brick. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Mad Cat said:

On a more general note, in order not to make any existing large ships obsolete, I hope both these ships move and turn like a VSD shaped brick. 

Since the Onager's left and right hull zones only have a shield value of 2 and there's only 1 shield in the rear, I don't think the ISDs are in any danger of becoming obsolete, even if the Onager turns well.

I think a speed of 2 and a speed chart of 1 click each would be fine. Especially if this experimental Star Destroyer also has a Support Crew slot (for Engine Techs or Auxiliary Shield Teams) apart from possible new Experimental upgrade cards.

Edited by JadinED

That way, the player can at least reasonably well try to get an enemy ship into it's special front fire arch, while running of risk of destruction once enemy ships can attack its side and rear hull zones...

1 minute ago, slasher956 said:

Wouldnt be surprised if its an either or arc.  Plus its shaded so could have a charge mechanic on it

I wouldn't doubt that it is a one or the other type of thing but, if it is, I'm struggling to figure out when it's actually going to be more useful that just taking an ISD. It's going to be hard getting in range for those black dice to matter that often, unless the red tint means that all those dice may be used at long range.

2 hours ago, JadinED said:

1188052045_FFGLive_(1080p_30fps_H264-128kbit_AAC)-00200798c.jpg.26ce51b2e5570b55a54db6f08074d7d2.jpg

1644911209_FFGLive_(1080p_30fps_H264-128kbit_AAC)-00201214c.jpg.462edf793bea38e172a2a7c971ebcfc5.jpg

I like those very restrictive target points in the left and right fire archs. They will make double-arching slightly more difficult

This could have been a soft buff for the neb's sides, since it has a narrow profile so should be harder to hit the sides. Sadly there's little to no chance of ffg editing ship tokens

Posted (edited)

Considering the kinda gamey drawbacks we already know of (i.e. 1 rear shield on a large ship; unusual firing archs) and the drawbacks that some of us envision (1 round cooldown, etc.), those dice of various colors may just as well be usable at long range or at an even greater distance!

Otherwise, black dice in the special fire arch would be pretty incongruous...

Edited by JadinED

7 minutes ago, JadinED said:

Considering the kinda gamey drawbacks we already know of (i.e. 1 rear shield on a large ship; unusual firing archs)

I thought it was a medium base ship. Surely both ships would cost the same if they where the same ship size. But the Onager is 20 $ cheaper so I guess it will be a medium base ship.

6 minutes ago, LordCola said:

But the Onager is 20 $ cheaper so I guess it will be a medium base ship.

It's still $10 more than the Chimaera or ISD. And the Starhawk is double the price of the MC80s. I think they've increased all their prices. I think it is less that the Onager is cheap and more that the Starhawk is so big (seriously big) that it is a lot more expensive.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, LordCola said:

I thought it was a medium base ship. Surely both ships would cost the same if they where the same ship size. But the Onager is 20 $ cheaper so I guess it will be a medium base ship.

I'm pretty sure the Onager and Starhawk have large bases. Look at the marking and size of shield dials on medium ships in contrast.

340?cb=20160526023411340?cb=20180918074743

Edited by JadinED

5 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

It's still $10 more than the Chimaera or ISD. And the Starhawk is double the price of the MC80s. I think they've increased all their prices. I think it is less that the Onager is cheap and more that the Starhawk is so big (seriously big) that it is a lot more expensive.

hm... 😕 Maybe it is a large base ship. I really would have liked it if the ship was a medium base not super expensive extreme glass cannon. A ship that was to string for its point cost but also to brittle for its cost, making it an interesting high risk high reward typ of ship.

5 minutes ago, JadinED said:

I'm pretty sure those are large bases

Yeah, now that I compare them to those medium bases I think you are right. Onager looks like a large base ship. 

27 minutes ago, LordCola said:

Or maybe the Star hawk is a new base size XL? didn't they say in the Q&A that the star Hawk is also very very large when Crabbok asked about other huge ships.

2 hours ago, JadinED said:

1188052045_FFGLive_(1080p_30fps_H264-128kbit_AAC)-00200798c.jpg.26ce51b2e5570b55a54db6f08074d7d2.jpg

1644911209_FFGLive_(1080p_30fps_H264-128kbit_AAC)-00201214c.jpg.462edf793bea38e172a2a7c971ebcfc5.jpg

The red tinted attack pool box suggests to me that the Onager SD shoots only at long range with all of the dice in the pool regardless of color. This makes a lot of sense to me given that its a siege artillery type ship and one that we’ve not seen before in the game.

54 minutes ago, LordCola said:

Yeah, now that I compare them to those medium bases I think you are right. Onager looks like a large base ship. 

During the live feed from Gencon yesterday they specifically stated that these are both large ships.