BrotherFett

Scum Hotshots and Aces

7 hours ago, Dwing said:

Totally forgot, have not played it in 2.0 yet. 

Sad 

Try it, such a nice ship. Medium just feels right. 

9 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

Hondo and Aurra Sing would be pretty much guaranteed.

I'd be down for that

2 minutes ago, flooze said:

Sad 

Try it, such a nice ship. Medium just feels right. 

I'd be down for that

From the Hotshots and Aces Reinforcements Pack product description: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/hotshots-and-aces-reinforcements-pack/

Scum:

• Nom Lumb (JumpMaster 5000)
  • G4R-GOR V/M (M3-A Interceptor)
  • Bossk (Z-95-AF4 Headhunter)

Bossk Z-95 is also in the Houndstooth re-release.

38 minutes ago, apoapsis said:

Pilots are:

Never heard of the first two. Google says Nom Lumb is from one of the RPGs.

G4R-GOR sounds like a gory killer droid?

Otherwise the contents

Moldy Crow is good for those who not have bought the Rebel conversion.

Tech upgrades useful for Quadjumpers, if you have no ST factions.

If none of the new pilots is a Force user, then half of the force cards are worthless, as Scum then only needs 1 set, as there is only Assaj.

Cannot field Diamond Boron missiles. Cannot field Barrage rockets.

New Illicit Coaxium - only on Slam ships :(

Good thing we have several factions in the family.

3 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

G4R-GOR sounds like a gory killer droid?

Otherwise the contents

Moldy Crow is good for those who not have bought the Rebel conversion.

Tech upgrades useful for Quadjumpers, if you have no ST factions.

If none of the new pilots is a Force user, then half of the force cards are worthless, as Scum then only needs 1 set, as there is only Assaj.

Cannot field Diamond Boron missiles. Cannot field Barrage rockets.

New Illicit Coaxium - only on Slam ships :(

Good thing we have several factions in the family.

Wait, an illicit that can only be used if you SLAM?  Wot in tarnation...?

I don’t think anything that currently exists can use that, so why have it in the pack?

9 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

I don’t think anything that currently exists can use that, so why have it in the pack?

The new Resistance fighter can... S&V is stuck waiting and seeing if anything comes our way upgrade or pilot wise to make use of it... Ironic really... What was the first ship on screen again to make use of that mechanic? 😠 Fkd out of DBM (Black Sun fired the **** missile in the artwork on the upgrade) and this one...

4 hours ago, Matanui3 said:

I think Fireball expansion has the SLAM.

2 hours ago, Explorator88 said:

I think Fireball expansion has the SLAM.

I think most here are annoyed that there isn't another ship with illicit and SLAM. The upgrade already comes with the Fireball expansion so it's a little strange to see it here when the Fireball is the only ship in the game that can use it and already comes with it.

Posted (edited)

Surely one of the new scum pilots will have slam as a pilot ability. If not then that new illicit is as good as useless for any scum player... if this was a new balanced 2.0 version of glitterstim then id be all over it and even forgive the fact im buying pilots from 4 factions i dont fly. 

Not much here for scum players who already own moldy crow. Maul is also pretty surplus to requirements unless there are a ton of rebel players out there dying to put 14pt maul crew into their squad? 

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

14 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

From the Hotshots and Aces Reinforcements Pack product description: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/hotshots-and-aces-reinforcements-pack/

Scum:

Bossk Z-95 is also in the Houndstooth re-release.

I'm happy they at least give me another way to get upgrades from ships I don't want to buy.

I'm happy they give us new pilots.

And I'm happy that I know a guy that plays Rebels only, and one that plays Imperial and FO only.  So at least we can split a box.

But... based on the speculations there were I also think they could have done more. 

Only 3 New pilots per faction.  (ok, that actually makes sense to give the ships that DON'T see play new pilots, instead of just giving the already good ships more pilolts)

15 minutes ago, Bort said:

I'm happy they at least give me another way to get upgrades from ships I don't want to buy.

I'm happy they give us new pilots.

And I'm happy that I know a guy that plays Rebels only, and one that plays Imperial and FO only.  So at least we can split a box.

But... based on the speculations there were I also think they could have done more. 

Only 3 New pilots per faction.  (ok, that actually makes sense to give the ships that DON'T see play new pilots, instead of just giving the already good ships more pilolts)

Maybe it makes sensr but thise ships are still pretty bad. Those pilots need to be really good to see regular play.

1 minute ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Maybe it makes sensr but thise ships are still pretty bad. Those pilots need to be really good to see regular play.

Agreed.  Nom Lumb will have to come with a whole new dial for it to be useful. ;) 

3 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Surely one of the new scum pilots will have slam as a pilot ability.

Wouldn't help.

Coaxium requires the SLAM action on the action bar. 

The Hyena has shown that FFG are willing to vary the actions a ship has based on pilot, so it's possible one of the new pilots has SLAM as an action even when the other pilots don't, but I don't know how likely that is. It makes sense on droid starfighters where their pilot reflects model variations. On a more conventional ship where the pilots and ship capabilities are more separated? 

Based on that logic, maybe that's why the new Scyk pilot is a droid? Maybe it's meant to be a heavily modified Scyk that acts as an autonomous droid starfighter with unique capabilities. 

That would actually be really cool.... And very Scum. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GuacCousteau said:

Wouldn't help.

Coaxium requires the SLAM action on the action bar. 

The Hyena has shown that FFG are willing to vary the actions a ship has based on pilot, so it's possible one of the new pilots has SLAM as an action even when the other pilots don't, but I don't know how likely that is. It makes sense on droid starfighters where their pilot reflects model variations. On a more conventional ship where the pilots and ship capabilities are more separated? 

Based on that logic, maybe that's why the new Scyk pilot is a droid? Maybe it's meant to be a heavily modified Scyk that acts as an autonomous droid starfighter with unique capabilities. 

That would actually be really cool.... And very Scum. 

Well, technically its been true since 2.0 hit.

Guri has different actions than other Starvipers.  (But its a minor difference. Calculate instead of Focus).

In the case of the Hyena's it's also minor.  (One ship has Jam instead of Reload like the rest).

But it does seem to be the droids that do things different. So your point on the new M3 pilot being a droid might be the key.  The only remaining issue then is why they added 2 of these to the box. Unless the new pilot takes the droid thing even further and is not limited 1.

Either way the president has been set. So i'm still hoping (just for the sake of my own OCD) that one of the new scum pilots will be able to use it.

And if all else fails they can always introduce some more titles.  Titles have always been a nice way to customise ships. I think they mostly add/remove slots, but "Mist Hunter" adds roll. So it can be easily done.

And (like the Firespray) there really is no need to limit the game to 0 or 1 title per ship type.

So for now I grumble, but with the believe that someday I will be able to use all Illicit as a scum player again. ;)

Edited by Bort
typo

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Boreas Mun said:

Moldy Crow title is good, but you can buy it (and scum pilots) from rebel player that will buy this pack. I think that the only cards that I want are Autoblasters for my Scyks, maybe Mag-Pulse Warheads?

poor value really. this expansion is not single faction friendly. id say everyone that wanted moldy crow already has it. feels like a 'better late than never' patch tbh. heres hoping the scums get a real buff soon because you can shine up the jumpmaster5k all you like its still a terrible ship. non was waiting for yet another Z-95 repaint. its not seeing much play if any in scum lists. Feels like scum is getting the crumbs in competitive play, and after two points adjustments that have cemented the faction near the bottom of the heap, especially in hyperspace where firesprays and fang fighters and star vipers are the best tools scum has to compete with the big boys with better toys. Scum still has some good pilots but its options have narrowed significantly since 2.0 was launched. these much anticipated card packs have done nothing to change that. 

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

On 7/31/2019 at 11:54 PM, DR4CO said:

Unique pilots on opposite sides of the same base means they only need to print half as many, which would allow more pilots in the pack (or keep it's size and cost down).

There are pros and cons whichever way you go.

It means PAY UP

At least it isn't randomized... yet.

7 hours ago, Quack Shot said:

I feel like FFG can never win because players will never be satisfied. Even if it’s the exact solution they asked for.

The problem is that every potential solution requires trade-offs, and has its own pros and cons; yet players tend to lock-on to a particular solution, and only focus on its pros and every other solution's cons.  Then, if FFG doesn't go with the player's preferred solution, he assumes that it's because FFG is simply too stupid and/or greedy to see the "best" solution, which is so obvious to him.

On 7/31/2019 at 11:10 PM, Mace Windu said:

I'm not super fussed on which pilots are in or out, however at only $20 how many pilot do you all think will be in the pack to begin with? maybe 25-30 at most across the 5 factions? remembering all the ship tiles are needed as well as the pilot cards

for $20 they could afford to put 60 to 100 pilots easy.  each card or chit is around a penny to produce, the packaging is around 50 cents, and then you development costs get split through the production run at maybe a dollar each.  so 100 pilots x 3 (100 pilots, 100 chits, 100 assoorted upgrades/titles) should cost around 4  or 5 bucks to produce. doing basic retail math and setting retail cost at 5 times production cost it would make sense to set the price at 20 dollars for 80 to 100 pilots

8 hours ago, Quack Shot said:

I feel like FFG can never win because players will never be satisfied. Even if it’s the exact solution they asked for.

I dont think anyone asked to buy 9 expansions simply to carry the ships they already owned from 1.0 into 2.0, but okay dude.

and before you go saying thats not the case:

2.0 core set, 5 faction conversion sets, epic set, epic conversion, card pack.