Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

And here is the Starhawk

I wonder how the starhawk will impact the isd. I don’t think the ssd will discourage isds from seeing the table due to its limitations. But if starhawks can out gun and out tank isds it could force imperial players to move away from isds and adopt strategies more rebel like with MSU. The problem I see there is the viability of imperial MSU. Thoughts? 

22 minutes ago, Belisarius09 said:

I wonder how the starhawk will impact the isd. I don’t think the ssd will discourage isds from seeing the table due to its limitations. But if starhawks can out gun and out tank isds it could force imperial players to move away from isds and adopt strategies more rebel like with MSU. The problem I see there is the viability of imperial MSU. Thoughts? 

You're...  effectively...  Solving the problem of Imperial MSU viabilty by providing a legitimate vector for its positive performance?

51 minutes ago, Belisarius09 said:

The problem I see there is the viability of imperial MSU. Thoughts? 

My first thought is the empire doesn't have cheap enough and consistent enough ships for MSU. I could maybe see Harrow + Demo + raiders/gozantis and a medium squadron investment maybe working. But that isn't really an MSU when half your points are in two ships. No I think that the Empire will need to reevaluate its squadron group strategy. With either bombing comming to the foreground or somehow getting a better general purpose group. 

However if the Starhawk only has salvo tokens and is a command 4 ship, I really don't see the ISD becoming displaced from the current doctrine. Cymoons with H9s, QBCs and intel officers might become more common place though.