Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

And here is the Starhawk

16 minutes ago, Wintercross said:

The Starhawk looks like something from Homeworld more than a Star Wars ship to me.

But at least it's new ships right?

Yeah it doesn’t quite look “right”, but I think it’s a cool looking spaceship, and I’ll definitely buy at least one.  I’m not as keen on the Onager - I might skip that one.

Would hurt my completionist genes, but I think I might just pick up another ISD.

Posted (edited)

I think I'll skip both. Nothing that may remind me of the perversion Disney turned Star Wars into.

Edited by Norell
Ok, stop all the confused faces :P Disneyverse is horrible, unimaginative, ridiculously daft and stupid, and it doesn't respect Star Wars, or the audience at all. But those ships have some darn great upgrade cards so I gues I'll have to buy one of each.

1 hour ago, Wintercross said:

The Starhawk looks like something from Homeworld more than a Star Wars ship to me.

But at least it's new ships right?

There was a photo floating around with a nebulon B next to it, you can see the resemblance somewhat there.  

VERTICAL SPACE SHIP SUPERIORITY ;)

Is StarHawk the name of this ship or is it the class?   I read the books, but slept since then and don't remember much.  Glad to see new ships, hopefully though more comes from the clone wars or new movies too.

5 minutes ago, CrankyOldNerd said:

There was a photo floating around with a nebulon B next to it, you can see the resemblance somewhat there.  

VERTICAL SPACE SHIP SUPERIORITY ;)

Is StarHawk the name of this ship or is it the class?   I read the books, but slept since then and don't remember much.  Glad to see new ships, hopefully though more comes from the clone wars or new movies too.

Starhawk is the Class.

The known ship names are "Amity", "Unity" and "Concorde" - all from Aftermath, the Battle of Jakku.  (Amity and Concorde die there)

23 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

@Crabbok on it ... and is on caffeine!

The model does look quite a bit better than the renders do.  Still feels more Stargate SG-1 than Star Wars, though.

Shame they didn't have other Armada ships in the case to compare it to...

39 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

I actually love this ship. Could do with a different color scheme but the actual ship strikes me as heavily inspired by the Neb B, which is iconic. I feel like they nailed it.

This. Should have kept in line with rebel red or at least orange. The yellow is ok and the LMC80 did ok with it, but the blue... It is quite contrasting, even according to the Colour wheel

From the product page at CSI "The Nadiri Starhawk Expansion Pack for Star Wars: Armada provides your rebels with everything they need to add 1 Starhawk-class Battleship to your game, including 1 painted ship, 1speed dial, 4 command dials, 2 ship cards, 15 upgrade cards, and a collection of assorted tokens."

So command 4 confirmed?

41 minutes ago, Captain Ordo N-11 said:

From the product page at CSI "The Nadiri Starhawk Expansion Pack for Star Wars: Armada provides your rebels with everything they need to add 1 Starhawk-class Battleship to your game, including 1 painted ship, 1speed dial, 4 command dials, 2 ship cards, 15 upgrade cards, and a collection of assorted tokens."

So command 4 confirmed?

Its a safe assumption.  The only exception would - be if there were some Thrawn Based Shenanigans involved, but even then, The Chimaera pack didn't give you extra, assuming you had 3 spare from the Core Set if you were playing Imperials (From the Corvette + Nebulon)

19 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

When an Imperial Class and a Hammerhead fall in consensual love nine months later at a shipyard of their choosing ...

The last time this happend at the battle over Scarif, when a Hammerhead got too deep into an ISD....

16 hours ago, Muelmuel said:

This. Should have kept in line with rebel red or at least orange. The yellow is ok and the LMC80 did ok with it, but the blue... It is quite contrasting, even according to the Colour wheel

The color is most likely based more so off the New Republic colors and symbol, which is what the Rebels were calling themselves when they were in the final year of the war. For reference.

New_Republic_symbol.png

3 hours ago, Mon Cala Blue said:

Does anyone else find it odd that the Starhawk is listed as a Rebel Alliance ship when it is very much in fact a New Republic ship?

At the risk of getting political, at what point does a terrorist organisation intent on overthrowing the government become a new, legitimate government?

In new-canon the Rebels are officially something like "the Alliance to Restore the Republic", so perhaps if the faction was called "Alliance" rather than "Rebels" that would work better? Either way, it is pretty clear that the pre-Endor Alliance and the post-Endor (but pre-Jakku) Republic are the same thing.

Maybe if this was a post-Jakku thing it might be more of an issue.