Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

And here is the Starhawk

12 minutes ago, AdmiralYor said:

What I'm most interested in is how they can release the Starhawk and still leave some space for the mc80l to have its own unique role in the game.

If the Starhawk is Slower, or has an even poorer Navigation Chart.   Changes in Upgrade Slots, the Liberty is Rebel-Unique for Double Turbolaser slots, after all.

Any of those would kepe the Liberty in place.

19 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

Going to repaint that thing, SO HARD. Im thinking one will be republic maroon. And another one will have Wolf Grey... just need to think out designs.

While I'm disliking it pretty hard, I think you've nailed the reason.

It's that 'Resistance CGI-cartoon series' paint scheme that is doing it to me.  It just looks...silly with that.  Give it a more mottled scheme, or something more nuanced that lets the scale of it make sense, and it might work...

Theorycrafting upgrade slots:

Commander

Officer x2

Weapons Teams

D Retro

O Retro

Ion 

Ordnance 

Turbo

Fleet Command Variant and/or Experimental Gravwell Variant (drops something for 2nd O. Retrofit)

Title

FWIW, they did say in the Q&A bit that they have these at the show - so...we'll see some in the display cases, next to other Armada ships.

Hopefully we've got someone on the scene to take some nice high-res shots (and it appears @Crabbok is indeed there and filming), and we can gauge how it looks next to the other ships in physical form, vs these renders.

2 hours ago, AdmiralYor said:

What I'm most interested in is how they can release the Starhawk and still leave some space for the mc80l to have its own unique role in the game.

Imo the nav chart will determine alot. Even the neb and LMC80 have very different roles at the moment. One works well as a slow rolling sniper/finisher while the other works well as a flanker and small ship killer. The StarHawk might be similar to a giant neb what with it's front-heavy dice pools and similar arcs to a neb, but that remains to be seen ofc :)

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Muelmuel said:

Now that I look again, the onager look like a hammerhead..

latest?cb=20180207064729

When an Imperial Class and a Hammerhead fall in consensual love nine months later at a shipyard of their choosing ...

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

16 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

When an Imperial Class and a Hammerhead fall in consensual love nine months later at a shipyard of their choosing ...

Except it turns out the ISD was cheating on the Hammerhead with the Nebulon-B. And that got us the Starhawk.