Sign in to follow this  
CaptainJaguarShark

FRIGGIN DINOSAURS (GenCon News)

My two favourite Houses 😭

This is interesting. I was expecting Keyforge would develop like how M:TG did, where each set had a new mechanical theme to it (Artifact set, Tribal Set, Graveyard set) with a visual theme to support it. Now it looks like the big innovations will be switching in and out Houses, with small smatterings of 'artifact matters' and 'Tribal boosts'.

I'm honestly a little concerned with how rapidly they are releasing these things, especially since it just keeps getting more complicated for newcomers. That said, this does appear to be cool.

2 hours ago, Dinode said:

I'm honestly a little concerned with how rapidly they are releasing these things, especially since it just keeps getting more complicated for newcomers. That said, this does appear to be cool.

Half a year between releases is the planned schedule. That seems to be a reasonable balance between too fast and too slow. I might have gone with an 8-month release cycle, myself, but six months makes scheduling easier all around, I expect. And the announced new mechanics—exalt, enrage, and ward—don't seem to be terribly difficult to explain.

15 hours ago, Dinode said:

The best thing about this game is that newcomers can just buy whatever is out at the time and play it. Yeah, we might have a point where there's some keywords they might not expect to see but if they're into it, they'll surely be looking for the rulebook which should include all of that info.

On 8/6/2019 at 12:55 AM, Dinode said:

For me it feels a bit too slow, this puts a serious dampener on my AoA interest because it seems so much more exciting! Not saying it should be super fast, but half a year is a really long time.