BVRCH

WAVE 6 [image heavy]

Posted (edited)

Not gonna lie, the fireball is one of the scummiest ships I've seen in a long time, and it's a really interesting design to boot. I don't think scum is a terrible faction (unlike some) but I am sad that we don't have anything with mechanics this interesting.

Perhaps FFG will throw us a bone and give us uglies that can deal themselves damage I completely forgot Inaldra

Edited by gadwag
Inaldra

14 minutes ago, EVIL INC said:

I have always been a Bossk fan and like the look of the hounds tooth. Im liking that the ship comes with it's escape craft painted to match. Makes me sad I already have a tooth.

180 deg 3 red front arc with a big chunk of hp. 1 is fun, 2 can be nasty. :)

1 hour ago, gadwag said:

Not gonna lie, the fireball is one of the scummiest ships I've seen in a long time, and it's a really interesting design to boot. I don't think scum is a terrible faction (unlike some) but I am sad that we don't have anything with mechanics this interesting.

Perhaps FFG will throw us a bone and give us uglies that can deal themselves damage 

Maybe we'll get one of the other racers.  They surely cannot *all* be Resistance.  Though I doubt any of the others will be so... unstable.

I'm still hoping for that kludged-up Lambda the pirates had, though.

47 minutes ago, EVIL INC said:

I have always been a Bossk fan and like the look of the hounds tooth. Im liking that the ship comes with it's escape craft painted to match. Makes me sad I already have a tooth.

I can’t pass up the new paint job. It makes me sad I’ll have two Hound’s Teeth, maybe I’ll go for a whole set. 🤣

10 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

If the Pirate Uglies come out for S&V and they have SLAM + Illicit I'll be feeling allot less salty about what FFG is doing with S&V right now.

If the pirate uglies are released, I cannot see how they could be anything *but* Scum.  They're pirates.

The First Order did hire them to do some pirating, sure, but they also double-crossed them and cast them aside afterwards.  If the Mining Guild isn't Empire, there's no way these guys aren't Scum.

Of course, that's *if* they get a release.

2 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

If the pirate uglies are released, I cannot see how they could be anything *but* Scum.  They're pirates.

The First Order did hire them to do some pirating, sure, but they also double-crossed them and cast them aside afterwards.  If the Mining Guild isn't Empire, there's no way these guys aren't Scum.

Of course, that's *if* they get a release.

Iirc they joined up with the Resistance members on Colossus in the last episode of the first season, so it'll be up to FFG & Disney which faction they join, if they ever get added...

I can't see the other racers joining factions besides Resistance. I only want this ship in scum because it's falling apart - the other racers are far too polished. I really appreciate FFG choosing the fireball for x-wing because it's such an interesting pile of mechanics. And while I complain about it feeling like a lost opportunity for scum, moving at breakneck speed has always been a hallmark of the resistance faction.

Those pirate uglies would be a fantastic addition to scum and villainy (and I'm still waiting for Hondo and his ship). I don't think scum are in as bad shape as everyone says right now, but it does hurt that we can't equip coaxium fuel.

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Iirc they joined up with the Resistance members on Colossus in the last episode of the first season, so it'll be up to FFG & Disney which faction they join, if they ever get added...

They didn't join the Resistance, though. They just all banded together because they were all fleeing the First Order, and then ended up lost. Temporary alliances should not dictate factions. If they did, the Mandalorians would be part of the Rebel faction. If the Colossus pirates enter the game, they'll most likely be S&V.

Posted (edited)

Hopefully the card packs don't have anything I don't already have. 

They do, all of them have exclusive stuff in them. Has X-wing now dropped down to the level of Armada?

Edited by Marinealver

Posted (edited)

Has anyone IDed all the cards in the YV expac?  I think I recognise most of them but I can't bring all of them to mind:

Squad Leader, Tractor Beam, Homing Missiles, ???, ??? (1 non-recurring charge), Tactical Officer (lol, Squad Leader+Tac Officer is not something anyone is going to do any more), ???, ??? (4 non-recurring charges), ??? (Whatever uses the old Rage artwork which I can't remember what it is), BT-1, Greedo, Feedback Array, Hound's Tooth, Ablative Plating.

Edited by thespaceinvader

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Has anyone IDed all the cards in the YV expac?  I think I recognise most of them but I can't bring all of them to mind:

Squad Leader, Tractor Beam, Homing Missiles, 1) ???, 2) ??? (1 non-recurring charge), Tactical Officer (lol, Squad Leader+Tac Officer is not something anyone is going to do any more), 3) ???, 4) ??? (4 non-recurring charges), 5) ??? (Whatever uses the old Rage artwork which I can't remember what it is), BT-1, Greedo, Hound's Tooth, Ablative Plating.

1: Freelance Slicer, 2: Gonk, 3: Cikatro Visago  4: Jabba, 5: Bossk Gunner

Edited by Hiemfire

Posted (edited)

Looks like the TIE Interceptor (Empire) is now rebranded the TIE/in Interceptor. Old cards will have the old name, new cards the new ones. Should we treat them as two separate kind of ships now? 😂

Edited by Jaden Corr

50 minutes ago, Jaden Corr said:

Looks like the TIE Interceptor (Empire) is now rebranded the TIE/in Interceptor. Old cards will have the old name, new cards the new ones. Shoudl we treat them as two seperate kind of ships now? 😂

Technically the current ship has a mix of both names across pilot cards, dials, and app/points list/quick builds. If you were to strictly follow the rules, there's no legal way to field Interceptors right now. :D

Fireballs look fun. The dial actually doesn't look that great for a 'fast' ship, so it's going to be very dependent on SLAM to cover ground, and with agility 2 it's not that hard to hit - it's basically a torrent (yes, 6 hull but one damage pre-assigned).

R5 astromechs look like a good idea...and yes, I can see them working well with Chewbacca. Kitted with deadman's switch and you've got a swarm of flying bombs.

17 hours ago, Prosk_019 said:

Someone's just earned himself an oil bath!

(I swear it's a droid quote, for anyone who ain't seen the clone wars)

Oh this oil bath is going to feel soooo good!

C3PO in the first half hour of the original film! :P

12 hours ago, rawbean said:

C3PO in the first half hour of the original film!

Ah dang, didn't realize! I was referencing a random B1 battledroid from the show (because of the support for the CIS in the post)

...and republic

On 8/2/2019 at 10:59 AM, gadwag said:

Perhaps FFG will throw us a bone and give us uglies that can deal themselves damage 

For the record, I'm a goose and I completely forgot one of my favourite scum pilots, Inaldra. She's exactly the sort of thing that I love in scum. Unfortunately, her excellent ability is hampered both by her low HP and her tiny gun, but I remember wreaking havoc with her in 1.0 using deadeye and munitions.

On 8/1/2019 at 10:50 PM, Hiemfire said:

Saw was a full-fledged member of the rebellion first, though, wasn't he? Partisans came some time between his Rebels appearances and Rogue One, right?

Either way, I think that episode and whatever we see in season 2 will probably be enough for at least some of the racers to be in Resistance. I suppose one or two might not stay after the jump and could be arguably more appropriate in Scum but that remains to be seen.