BVRCH

WAVE 6 [image heavy]

How many pilots do we think will be in the card packs? They're $10 less than the Resistance and FO conversion kits, $30 less than the rebel, empire, and scum kits.

So at $20, how many pilots can we reasonably expect? I hope that each ship they include has at least pair of pilots, though we could end up with ship tokens with the same pilot on both sides. Maybe we'll instead get an extra generic for each limited "unique" pilot.

2 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

Three FO I6s...

I can't wait for that aces matchup. ūüėē

Scum can already meet them on that front, and it will be Hyperspace legal soon. Not that it's tearing up the extended meta.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, zimut-X said:

He said 7 new pilots during the stream, so, at $20 , I expect it's 7 per faction, so 35 ...

LOL he said "Several." Maybe 7 is enough for Sequel Trilogy ships, but the box is far too big for it to be only 35 cards and bases in there.

Unless there are also some brand new upgrades (Configs! Titles!), which is a distinct possibility.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

4 minutes ago, Scum4Life said:

Scum can already meet them on that front, and it will be Hyperspace legal soon. Not that it's tearing up the extended meta.

When two of the three have large bases, one cannot maneuver, and one has no damage, I can definitely see why not.

13 minutes ago, zimut-X said:

He said 7 new pilots during the stream, so, at $20 , I expect it's 7 per faction, so 35 ...

Seems fairly reasonable. Resistance and FO kits only $10 more and had a ton of pilots in each, plus all the upgrades and tokens. 

I imagine we'll all be disappointed if it's literally 7 pilots. That would be a misstep.

Hopeful for our missing 1st edition pilots plus Rebels characters in various starfighters that they should be in.

20 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

LOL he said "Several." Maybe 7 is enough for Sequel Trilogy ships, but the box is far too big for it to be only 35 cards and bases in there.

Unless there are also some brand new upgrades (Configs! Titles!), which is a distinct possibility.

You seem to be forgetting a lot of the wasted space in 2.0 packaging...

25 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

What size is that box, anyway? I can't tell. Could be close-to or a bit smaller than the Res/FO kits.

8 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

What size is that box, anyway? I can't tell. Could be close-to or a bit smaller than the Res/FO kits.

From the booth photos, they’re definitely smaller. Looks like they reused the packaging template for the medium ship blisters and just didn’t put a ship on the front of it. 

18 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

You seem to be forgetting a lot of the wasted space in 2.0 packaging...

What wasted space?  The conversion kits, at least, were packed pretty full.

8 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

What wasted space?  The conversion kits, at least, were packed pretty full.

The squadron packs come to mind, particularly since the vultures and belbullab are so tiny.

12 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

No!

SCREW THEM.

I've had to sit here in The Resistance getting only one ship in wave 4, and NONE in wave 5! But you know what? The First Order had it worse! And the **** TIE/RB still isn't here!

The prequels can WAIT for once! They've been getting saturated and there's other factions that need more stuff! Again, the TIE/RB still isn't in!

Blame Disney for that.  It's not our fault or FFG's that Lucas gave us a wide variety of ships for the GAR and CIS between the three movies and TV show, or that Disney has given the Resistance and First Order barely anything unique.

FFG can only play the cards they're dealt, and the mere existence of the blink-and-you'll-miss-it Resistance Transport in X-Wing should indicate how little FFG has to work with when it comes to the Sequels.

I agree that the Resistance and First Order need more stuff, but they don't have any widely-known ships left until Disney gives us more.  The Republic and Separatists do, and they shouldn't suffer because of another faction's lack of ships.

2 minutes ago, Subhntr said:

FFG can only play the cards they're dealt, and the mere existence of the blink-and-you'll-miss-it Resistance Transport in X-Wing should indicate how little FFG has to work with when it comes to the Sequels.

Or the even more literally blink-and-you'll-miss-it Quadjumper.

5 hours ago, Ysenhal said:

The paintjob on the Nashtah Pup looks great! Don't think I really need another YV-666, though...

I also notice the Bossk token on the Pup. I suspect that may mean we're getting some or all of the named YV-666 pilots in Z-95s in Hotshots and Aces.

2 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

It's possible that they'll include some new pilots just for the z95 to be used on its own but I doubt it. If they do, those might  also be in the card pack.

Arrgh, hopefully NOT. The current Nashtah Pub Z95 card fills its function.

If Scum gets Bossk, Moralo and Latts as Z95 pilots (apart from: how often do you see Z95s fielded, and how often people really use the Title), would that have the result that out of the ca 7 pilots 3 are already filled. 

Meaning that while other faction get 7 fresh faces with cool abilities on interesing chassis, Scum gets only 4!

41 minutes ago, Subhntr said:

I agree that the Resistance and First Order need more stuff, but they don't have any widely-known ships left until Disney gives us more.  The Republic and Separatists do, and they shouldn't suffer because of another faction's lack of ships.

Someone's just earned himself an oil bath!

(I swear it's a droid quote, for anyone who ain't seen the clone wars)

10 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

We now have confirmation that it only has 16 pilots. 47 upgrade cards. 

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/hotshots-and-aces-reinforcements-pack/

So yeah, you really need to reign in expectations. 

Looks pretty reasonable for $20.

K2-SO confirmed. Snap Shot. Interesting scenarios and set up options.

I'll definitely be getting one of each of the card packs.

Also looking forward to the Mag-Pulse Warheads. For anyone who remembers the old X-Wing vs Tie Fighter PC games - if I recall correctly they were used to disable capital ship weapons temporarily. I would have thought they just dealt a weapon's disabled token to simulate that but it says if it hits the target suffers one critical damage and they get a 1 deplete and 1 jam token. "Deplete" makes me think maybe a temporary loss of shields until the token is cleared? A sneaky way to get damage past shields? Blue maneuver to clear it and regain the shields that were depleted? Maybe only "depletes" a single shield to avoid having to track how many come back once the token is cleared.

Nice that I don't need any of the Wave VI ships because I can get the card packs, and maybe take the plunge on getting into Republic...

1 hour ago, Sithborg said:

We now have confirmation that it only has 16 pilots. 47 upgrade cards. 

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/hotshots-and-aces-reinforcements-pack/

So yeah, you really need to reign in expectations. 

Well, I'll admit I was wrong on that one. I thought the pilot pack wouldn't have upgrade cards, though, which really threw me off.

Pure guess time: If this sells well, it won't take too long before they do more of them, possibly more focused (smaller, and either faction-specific, or themed, like Battle of Yavin/Scarif/Endor). After all, we still don't have General Merrick, and plenty of ships could use more pilots (RZ-1 A-Wings and TIE/in Interceptors particularly come to mind).

1 minute ago, Freeptop said:

Well, I'll admit I was wrong on that one. I thought the pilot pack wouldn't have upgrade cards, though, which really threw me off.

Pure guess time: If this sells well, it won't take too long before they do more of them, possibly more focused (smaller, and either faction-specific, or themed, like Battle of Yavin/Scarif/Endor). After all, we still don't have General Merrick, and plenty of ships could use more pilots (RZ-1 A-Wings and TIE/in Interceptors particularly come to mind).

My guess is annually.  That way, the pilot pool won't grow too quickly, and they'll have a year's worth of upgrades to include.

3 hours ago, Subhntr said:

Blame Disney for that.  It's not our fault or FFG's that Lucas gave us a wide variety of ships for the GAR and CIS between the three movies and TV show, or that Disney has given the Resistance and First Order barely anything unique.

We have the T-85 ready to go, man. Or the transport for the First Order. There's stuff that could have been in waves 3 and 5 respectively without issue.

4 hours ago, Matanui3 said:

When two of the three have large bases, one cannot maneuver, and one has no damage, I can definitely see why not.

I've been having fun using Han with Hotshot copilot to strip tokens, a naked Fenn and Dengar with C.C., P1, and R3 Astromech.