D.Erasmus

In Flight Report Reactions

35 minutes ago, Wilhelm Screamer said:

And to clarify, 3 do not solo an SSD, they engage it alongside the whole rebel fleet, 2 are destroyed and the last one get the kill

So I will need to buy three of these things to kill a SSD. I don't know of my pocketbook will survive this...

36 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

Salvaged imperial ships, fitted together to build something that wasnt entirely imperial so that the New Republic wasnt scaring planets by showing up to liberate them in ISDs.

It still looks pretty scary though. 

Maybe that's why it's shaped to look like a neb, to show some affiliation with the rabble faction

Just now, itzSteve said:

So I will need to buy three of these things to kill a SSD. I don't know of my pocketbook will survive this...

Only Two.

One was killed by being Rammed to death by an ISD, as it was fighting the SSD.

Its destruction lead to the cascading destruction of the Second Starhawk, who dragged the Ravager into Jakku's Atmo in its "From Hells Heart" moment.

1 minute ago, Muelmuel said:

It still looks pretty scary though. 

Maybe that's why it's shaped to look like a neb, to show some affiliation with the rabble faction

I agree. Im going to have one be the center peice of my non-moncal fleet.

36 minutes ago, xanderf said:

MAYBE they did.  But I kinda doubt it.  Consider when FFG released the Raider, they trumpeted loud and wide how much of a privilege it was to work with the Lucasfilm story group, and be able to contribute something new/original to the Star Wars setting, etc.

Nothing like that mentioned this time at all, just the reference to them being in the 'Aftermath' novel.

Methinks one shows up in either the Resistance TV series and/or Episode IX, and FFG just got to be the first to reveal it.

(Honestly, it looks to me quite a lot like the type of designs that the Resistance TV series has been creating, so my money is on that as the source of it)

Yup, the neon colours on the StarHawk says it. Looks like green stuff before it's put together

5 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Only Two.

One was killed by being Rammed to death by an ISD, as it was fighting the SSD.

Its destruction lead to the cascading destruction of the Second Starhawk, who dragged the Ravager into Jakku's Atmo in its "From Hells Heart" moment.

My pocketbook thanks you Dras... 😀

Now I want to see a good Sector Fleet battle of Jakku game with three Star Hawks facing down an SSD though.

Honestly, we need a good Con Sector Fleet game. Like the mega waterloo battle that occured recently.

2 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

Now I want to see a good Sector Fleet battle of Jakku game with three Star Hawks facing down an SSD though.

Honestly, we need a good Con Sector Fleet game. Like the mega waterloo battle that occured recently.

Now that we have the Super, Endor could be a possibility.......

Just now, GiledPallaeon said:

Now that we have the Super, Endor could be a possibility.......

I would take time off work and go do a Mega battle. I have always wanted to do a mega battle, and now with all these big name ships, it would work so well.

I also wanna organize a global campaign, but that would be, FAR harder.

1 hour ago, ninclouse2000 said:

Yea did ffg get to create another ship for the empire or is it from a comic or book?  Also curious to find out if they designed the starhawk ornif Disney has it done already.

Its most likely joint designed with LFL, like what they did with the Raider Corvette.

1 hour ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Dang, I missed it. I think both new ships look cool. Since one is a siege breaker and the starhawk looks to have a huge cannon on the bow, I wonder if that will be a new mechanic?

Anything non-Armada of note?

1 hour ago, xanderf said:

Pretty sure that's a hangar bay.

A hangar surrounded by powerful tractor beam arrays as described in the Aftermath books. Its definitely not a huge cannon.

2 hours ago, JadinED said:

The Marvel Universe miniatures game, I feel, will be Armada's Debbie Downer's next standard line like "well, the new ships are delayed/there's no news/we're still waiting/Armada's dead..., but FFG is really busy working frantically on all the expansions of Marvel Crisis Protocol.

😉

Isn’t Atomic Mass Games making Marvel Crisis Protocol (the miniatures game) and Fantasy Flight is making Marvel Champions (the card game)?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Thalomen said:

Bummer. I was really hoping for the Dreadnought and the original Assault frigate. These ships dont even look all that Star Wars like to me. 

Disagree. The Dreadnought and it's assault frigate variant both look like they belong in battle star galactica rather than Star Wars. They have the ship design which couldn't be more generic sci-fi if they tried and lack the star wars flair. Meanwhile both of these new ships carry a bunch of non standard ship shapes and plenty of complex detail that I expect of star wars.

Like, I don't mind the Dreadnought, nothing wrong with the generic sci-fi look. But to advocate them while telling me these two new beauties don't look Star Wars enough in the same paragraph highly ironic.

Edited by CMDR Kastor

I'm realy excited with how the Onager looks. That mega-railgun feel is super cool. 

StarHawk is a Chunk. Eeally fascinating elements, I had not envisioned it being so front heavy while reading the Aftermath books.