D.Erasmus

In Flight Report Reactions

Yeah not particularly interesting to me. I agree that the designs don't feel like they hugely fit the aesthetic, at least in my opinion. At least I have the SSD and RiTR to look forward to. Also, did we really need more larges? I was really pulling for more mediums as I have plenty of larges already.

Really cool to see FFG being allowed to design these ships - finally a depiction of the Starhawks! Love that it has visible ISD components in the design. 

Would indeed have been nice to see some new medium ships... but we have RitR coming to breathe new life into the existing ones (hopefully)

Posted (edited)

I confess I'm not really a fan of either design.

The Empire ship at least looks like the sort of thing the more lame EU video game makers have come up with off and on over the years, but the Starhawk just...does not look like a Star Wars ship at all.

I guess the upside is that it does make it easier for FFG to do Resistance/First Order factions in the future - the First Order's biggest problem was lack of ships scaled sensibly for the game.  This gives them another one, beyond the big-but-should-fit Resurgence-class.  The Resistance did already have a number of smaller designs, so this works alongside that easily enough.

Edited by xanderf

Just now, xanderf said:

I confess I'm not really a fan of either design.

The Empire ship at least looks like the sort of thing the more lame EU video game makers have come up with off and on over the years, but the Starhawk just...does not look like a Star Wars ship at all.

Star Hawk looks like a Halo take on a Neb B