Tokous

The Doom of the Republic Article and discussion

2 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Can we just talk about Aggressive Tactics and how rebels troopers are looking better by the minute? lol

swl44_a3_upgrades_aggressice-tactics.png

It certainly does help those Z-6 units, also syngerizes really well with droids

1 minute ago, TheHoosh said:

It certainly does help those Z-6 units, also syngerizes really well with droids

Now that I think of it Kenobi can take both Aggressive tactics and Force Guidance... The grand army is gonna tear it up...

7 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Can we just talk about Aggressive Tactics and how rebels troopers are looking better by the minute? lol

This is way better for droids than most because they casually hand out 4 tokens and don't surge on offense or defense.

Clones still get good value because they also don't surge on either and can share tokens.

Rebels and Empire more meh as virtually every unit has at least 1 thing they surge on, reducing chances to use the tokens.

Just now, MasterShake2 said:

This is way better for droids than most because they casually hand out 4 tokens and don't surge on offense or defense.

Clones still get good value because they also don't surge on either and can share tokens.

Rebels and Empire more meh as virtually every unit has at least 1 thing they surge on, reducing chances to use the tokens.

Yeah, if you saw the rolls we have with rebels locally, you'd understand. lol We need surge tokens BAD. It's bad enough rolling 3-5 blocks a game with those white dice, but the black attack dice could use some help too. 

49 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

I don't know, having a surge on some units for defense will increase the survivability of, say the basic stormtrooper, when out in the open and focusing on moving and firing every round.    For 10 points, you can always give out surge tokens, regardless of range.   There will always be a use for that on a lot of units.   It is something that I think will come up a lot, in a game, and will pay for itself the moment it saves a singe stormtrooper from being defeated.

3 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I don't know, having a surge on some units for defense will increase the survivability of, say the basic stormtrooper, when out in the open and focusing on moving and firing every round.    For 10 points, you can always give out surge tokens, regardless of range.   There will always be a use for that on a lot of units.   It is something that I think will come up a lot, in a game, and will pay for itself the moment it saves a singe stormtrooper from being defeated.

It's not "regardles of range" because the person issuing the orders has to have the card.  

2 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

It's not "regardles of range" because the person issuing the orders has to have the card.  

This is something that needs clarification, as I see it, the issuing of surge tokens is not directly tied to the issuing of command tokens, other than needing a faceup command token.  This means, that if a unit has a way of getting a command token during the issue orders step, such as through coms relay or HQ uplink, the are available choices for a surge token.   Thus, making the handing out of surge tokens not limited by range.  

All in all, for 10 points, a useful and versatile card, that can help any army with proper knowledge and planning.

Just now, That Blasted Samophlange said:

This is something that needs clarification, as I see it, the issuing of surge tokens is not directly tied to the issuing of command tokens, other than needing a faceup command token.  This means, that if a unit has a way of getting a command token during the issue orders step, such as through coms relay or HQ uplink, the are available choices for a surge token.   Thus, making the handing out of surge tokens not limited by range.  

All in all, for 10 points, a useful and versatile card, that can help any army with proper knowledge and planning.

This. 

13 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

There is no clarification needed it clearly says choose 4 friendly units with faceup order tokens I would say HQ uplink counts, it doesn't say choose up to 4 friendly units issued orders by you. Same as strict orders they just need a faceup order token

23 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I mean, yes, but HQ Uplink is as many points as this upgrade and even with that "infinite range" the command card still has to be from the person with Aggressive tactics.  To top if off a single surge conversion, if you even roll a surge to begin with, is nice, but not spectacular.  I think you're overhyping this somewhat.

9 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

I mean, yes, but HQ Uplink is as many points as this upgrade and even with that "infinite range" the command card still has to be from the person with Aggressive tactics.  To top if off a single surge conversion, if you even roll a surge to begin with, is nice, but not spectacular.  I think you're overhyping this somewhat.

I mean, at the SAME time, 3 commanders (so far) can use this AND commanding presence.... Issuing orders at range 4. Mix in a few comms relays and all the sudden your stormies are making even better saves on defense or your rebels are actually able to add damage to attack pools when aiming isn't an option. 

Maybe a tad over hyped, but honestly, I'm very stoked for this.

19 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I mean, at the SAME time, 3 commanders (so far) can use this AND commanding presence.... Issuing orders at range 4. Mix in a few comms relays and all the sudden your stormies are making even better saves on defense or your rebels are actually able to add damage to attack pools when aiming isn't an option. 

Maybe a tad over hyped, but honestly, I'm very stoked for this.

I proxied CIS this weekend at 500 points and this card along with strict orders made my droids much more effective than they seems otherwise I would say aggressive tactics is pretty good and might get close to an auto include even with commanders like Leia and Veers