Maul (12)
Shadow Caster (3)

Serissu (40)
Tractor Beam (2)

Cartel Marauder (38)
Contraband Cybernetics (3)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I tested it on FlyCasual and it seems to be quite good. My only hesitation is with the Cybernetics, could go on Sabine instead of the Marauder.

The Marauder is more likely to make use (4K and 2 Tallons for a blocking/adjusting barrel roll, a focus, or a lock off of any of the reds) of it since Sabine's turnaround is blazing fast (5K) with blues and an ability that easily mitigates both the "reduced" dial and loss of action from the stress.

This seems...interesting

Torani Kulda (48)   
    Fearless (3)   
    R2 Astromech (3)   
    Stealth Device (4)   

Ship total: 61  Half Points: 31  Threshold: 5   

Black Sun Ace (41)   

Ship total: 44  Half Points: 22  Threshold: 3   

Black Sun Ace (41)   

Ship total: 44  Half Points: 22  Threshold: 3   

Serissu (40)   
    Crack Shot (1)   
    Ion Torpedoes (6)   

Ship total: 47  Half Points: 24  Threshold: 2   

Total: 196   

Ketsu Onyo (70)   
    Fearless (3)   
    Shadow Caster (3)   

Ship total: 76  Half Points: 38  Threshold: 5   

Cartel Marauder (38)   
Ship total: 38  Half Points: 19  Threshold: 3   

Cartel Marauder (38)   
Ship total: 38  Half Points: 19  Threshold: 3   

Black Sun Enforcer (46)   
Ship total: 46  Half Points: 23  Threshold: 3   

Total: 198 

Sooooo.... I opportunely snapped a cheap YV and this occurred to me. 

Idk.

Fatal Attraction

(74) Asajj Ventress [Lancer-class Pursuit Craft]
(3) Shadow Caster
(3) Heightened Perception

(59) Latts Razzi [YV-666 Light Freighter]
(2) Unkar Plutt
(5) Ketsu Onyo
(1) Hound's Tooth
(2) BT-1
(1) Marksmanship

(6) Nashtah Pup [Z-95-AF4 Headhunter]
(2) Deadman's Switch

(42) Captain Jostero [Kihraxz Fighter]

Total points: 200

Because I think Jostero can be a closing ace or something. And crits and stress are a thing.

Really, I...

I tested the following today:
Seevor - Crack Shot
3x Black Sun Assassins - Crack Shot & Afterburners.

Opponent was using Rear Admiral Chiraneau with a tonne of upgrades, including Vader, and Rexler Brath with Juke & Heavy Lasers.

The plan was to use Seevor to strip RAC of the Reinforce before the Assassins got to work.
As seems the norm, Seevor disappeared too quickly to gauge how useful he is directly.
However, Afterburners on the Vipers allowed some truly ludicrous repositioning, including a situation when a Viper was able to go from R3 directly ahead of RAC to (after RACs 1 Straight move) being R2 behind and facing towards him, whilst RAC had to maintain the Reinforce at the front for the other two Vipers.
I won the game through getting a block or two on Rex when it was required and lining up those Crack Shots, but feel as if I was lacking something. The lack of direct consistent firepower that 4 Vipers provides was missing and losing Seevor early was a real shame. Things also felt really sketchy when I was down to 2 Vipers with almost Half Damage.
Needs a better Seevor test, and I will try it again later. Maybe the Vipers should try to run a better screen for him.

Posted (edited)

Most popular scum archetype of recent Euro Championships were:

Ketsu + Maul, Shadowcaster, Fearless

Old Teroch + Predator

Kavil + Dorsal turret, Veteran Turret Gunner

and

Torkil Mux + Moldy Crow

Cpt Seevor

Cartel Marauder

Cartel Marauder

Cartel Marauder

Best performing squads were:

Day 1A:

Timo Raabe's

Latss Razzi + 0-0-0, Unkar Plutt, Crack Shot

Koshka Frost + Ig88D, Proximity Mines, Crack Shot

4-Lom + Contraband Cybernetics, Crack Shot

Day 1B:

My:

Ketsu + 4-Lom, Shadowcaster, Fearless

Old Teroch

Jakku Gunrunner

Cartel Spacer + Ion Cannon

All Scum were eliminated in top32 stage. My top32 match is available on Legion Krakow YT channel. I feel it was little bit unlucky loos, on the list level I had pretty big chances.

4 Starvipers + Predator also made a cut

Edited by Oldpara

15 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

:( 

iv been thinking about why scum isn't featured more at the top tables. fewer people are playing it compared to say imperials or republic so that is def a factor (I haven't analysed the data extensively, but something I often notice when I'm browsing through squad lists on list fortress).

another theory I have is that mods and synergies in other factions are just more consistent. many of the winning squads im seeing have really efficient options in terms of upping their damage output or a way to mod defence dice on their best ships (again a generalisation and not proven by data but more an observation on my part). The best example I can think of is force mods. empire and republic have really strong force pilots (also crew in the case of empire). The ace pilots in both of these factions are super slippery and often have force mods on attack/defense... not easy to beat when flown by a top player.

in hyperspace format scum has an even harder time but in extended they can win, its just hard going versus certain archetypes which are popular right now.

Just now, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

iv been thinking about why scum isn't featured more at the top tables. fewer people are playing it compared to say imperials or republic so that is def a factor (I haven't analysed the data extensively, but something I often notice when I'm browsing through squad lists on list fortress).

another theory I have is that mods and synergies in other factions are just more consistent. many of the winning squads im seeing have really efficient options in terms of upping their damage output or a way to mod defence dice on their best ships (again a generalisation and not proven by data but more an observation on my part). The best example I can think of is force mods. empire and republic have really strong force pilots (also crew in the case of empire). The ace pilots in both of these factions are super slippery and often have force mods on attack/defense... not easy to beat when flown by a top player.

in hyperspace format scum has an even harder time but in extended they can win, its just hard going versus certain archetypes which are popular right now.

We've got tricks, but they're pricey (hard to build for a variety of opponents) and we need to know what others are bringing to figure out which ones will work and we can't legally hide what our list does and spring it on an opponent. If they don't pay attention to the information that is there it is on them (That level of player agency is huge but greatly underutilized). From what I can tell our "consistent" stuff center around Boba rerolls, tractor (for now, I expect another nerf to anything S&V has that can toss the tokens) and hoping for the opponent to screw up and turn on one of our abilities (stresses, lets us drop stuff on them, etc...) or just doesn't know how to read.

Posted (edited)

I know I'm late to the party, as Boba Guri was a really good archetype at the beginning of 2.0, but despite being a really good build I didn't want to use it then, as everyone was using it, but now that the dust has settled... do you guys think this is at least semi-competitive?

Boba/Guri (190p)

Boba Fett — Firespray-class Patrol Craft 85

Fearless 3

Maul 12

Contraband Cybernetics 3

Slave I 2

Ship Total: 105

Half Points: 53 Threshold: 5

Guri — StarViper-class Attack Platform 64

Lone Wolf 5

Advanced Sensors 10

Afterburners 6

Ship Total: 85

Half Points: 43 Threshold: 3

Edited by RoockieBoy

7 minutes ago, RoockieBoy said:

I know I'm late to the party, as Boba Guri was a really good archetype at the beginning of 2.0, but despite being a really good build I didn't want to use it then, as everyone was using it, but now that the dust has settled... do you guys think this is at least semi-competitive?

Boba/Guri (190p)

Fearless 3

Maul 12

Contraband Cybernetics 3

Slave I 2

Lone Wolf 5

Advanced Sensors 10

Afterburners 6

looks pretty solid. only 2 ships is not going to be easy vs higher number of ships so maximising ur shots on target is going to be key. guri is just a wrecking ball if u can leverage her power... id expect ppl to go for her early and if they do then you can lead them on a wee chase perhaps. try it out and see if its working for you ;)

1 minute ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

looks pretty solid. only 2 ships is not going to be easy vs higher number of ships so maximising ur shots on target is going to be key. guri is just a wrecking ball if u can leverage her power... id expect ppl to go for her early and if they do then you can lead them on a wee chase perhaps. try it out and see if its working for you ;)

I've been playing 2 ship lists for the last months (Han/Jake, Han/Corran, Han/Gavin, OldManHan/Poe), even some ScumHan/Fenn), so I'm used to that, but I've never flown a Firespray in 2.0, and definately lists with high number of ships always give me trouble. 

I hope reinforce + Maul + Boba Rerolls make the Firespray last long enough to leave things easier for Guri to cleanup.

Let's see if I can try it on saturday and report back.

10 hours ago, RoockieBoy said:

Boba/Guri (190p)

Fearless 3

Maul 12

Contraband Cybernetics 3

Slave I 2

Lone Wolf 5

Advanced Sensors 10

Afterburners 6

I would do less boba and more guri. Boba really only needs Maul and slave,imo. Outmaneuver Guri probably a good meta call with regen jedi running away, and those **** inquisitors gaining popularity. Outmaneuver Guri can f'd them up.

9 hours ago, wurms said:

I would do less boba and more guri. Boba really only needs Maul and slave,imo. Outmaneuver Guri probably a good meta call with regen jedi running away, and those **** inquisitors gaining popularity. Outmaneuver Guri can f'd them up.

Nice point. Jedi and Inquisitors are popular here and I played Guri when 2.0 started, and always with outmaneuver, so I’ll probably stick to that.