ForrestGrump

Scum. So what are people flying these days

Z-95-AF4 Headhunter - •Kaa’to Leeachos - 30
    •Kaa’to Leeachos - Imposing Marauder (29)
        Marksmanship (1)

JumpMaster 5000 - •Manaroo - 55
    •Manaroo - Graceful Aruzan (47)
        Perceptive Copilot (8)

HWK-290 Light Freighter - •Palob Godalhi - 63
    •Palob Godalhi - Tethan Resister (40)
        Elusive (3)
        Engine Upgrade (2)
        •Moldy Crow (18)

M12-L Kimogila Fighter - •Dalan Oberos - 52
    •Dalan Oberos - Returned from the Grave (46)
        Predator (2)
        •R5-P8 (4)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

I aimed to create a list based on token sharing and token denial.  Wasn't sure if it would be competitive or not. I won a game against a Resistance list recently. (Ray's Falcon, the Resistance Transport and the new A-Wing.) I've only played this list once and I am very pleased with the way it performed.

The ships that really shined where the Kimogilia and, the Hawk Gunship. R5-P8 was definitely worth the points despite the risk. Luckily I did not roll any crits all three times I used the Astromech. Also 'Dead To Rights' rocks. Palob certainly annoyed with his (fantastic) pilot ability.

Considering revamping my original list

How does something like this strike y'all?

New Squadron

(54) Han Solo [Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(4) Shield Upgrade
(6) Lando's Millennium Falcon

(56) Old Teroch [Fang Fighter]
(1) Marksmanship

(24) Mining Guild Sentry [Modified TIE/ln Fighter]

(29) Lando Calrissian [Escape Craft]

Total points: 198

Not really sure if I can coordinate with the escape craft while docked, but if so...that seems by and far the best choice

If not, I guess it will depend on matchups on whether he stays docked to share shields and pilot ability (which seems pretty solid) or run seperate to offer coordinate options

So any clarification would be great here

after looking at your ships I was tinkering with some options and came up with this...

Freighter Captain (46)    
    Feedback Array (4)    

Ship total: 50  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 6    

Zealous Recruit (44)    
Ship total: 44  Half Points: 22  Threshold: 2    

Fenn Rau (68)    
    Swarm Tactics (5)    

Ship total: 73  Half Points: 37  Threshold: 2    

Captain Seevor (30)    
    Swarm Tactics (3)    

Ship total: 33  Half Points: 17  Threshold: 2    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z92XWWWW94WWY102XY97X132WY247X132W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Freighter Captain blocks and gets auto damage from Feedback Array or fires close range at something else if the opportunity shot is there.

Swarm Tactics chains through your other 3 ships letting everything fire at init 6. Even Fenn and the recruit firing together at int 6 is decent.

I haven't flown this yet but it seems like it could work esp if you can get Seevor to jam something and weaken its defence for Fenn and recruit to blast ;)

Posted (edited)

I call this list 'The Kavilry'.
Prepare to be tractor-ed, double tapped and Bossk is the clean up crew.

I have had huge success with this list so far, so much so that I actually had to fly a few other lists.
Ill be taking this list to the extended nationals.

Ketsu at range: Use 4-Lom to stop them using a green token for defense, to try get them tractor-ed and boost them into:
Kavil: range 1-2 double tap
Bossk at range 1: Either the opponent gives him a calculate (0-0-0) or they take a stress, if they take the stress then BT-1 triggers during an attack.
Great for slowing the opponents turn around

Ketsu Onyo (70)    
    4-LOM (2)    
    Shadow Caster (3)    

Ship total: 75  Half Points: 38  Threshold: 5    

Kavil (43)    
    Dorsal Turret (3)    
    Veteran Turret Gunner (8)    

Ship total: 54  Half Points: 27  Threshold: 4    

Bossk (64)    
    0-0-0 (5)    
    BT-1 (2)    

Ship total: 71  Half Points: 36  Threshold: 6    

Edited by Spiint
adding more info

Latest played scum list was:

Ahhav

1x Mining Guild Surveyor

3x Black Sun Assassin.

No upgrades. 199 points.

Basic idea is to use Ahhav and Surveyor as decoys/lures/blockers.  And use the vipers as flankers.  That strafing barrel roll of theirs makes for some unique repositioning. Especially combined with the hard 1 turn. You can almost turn around on the spot. Not quite, but close. And be focussed.

I only played 1 game with them so far, and unfortunately lost due to some evasive evades. ;)   But was a close game and could easily have gone the other way.

I recently tracked down a cheap Guns for Hire expansion (in German, but all I need for 2.0 is the ships, hee); now that I've got a bunch of ships in the neat Black Sun colors, I was thinking of trying a thematic squad with them just for the kicks. Came up with this:

Black Sun Soldier (27)    
    Crack Shot (1)    
    Homing Missiles (5)    
    Deadman's Switch (2)    

Ship total: 35  Half Points: 18  Threshold: 2    

Black Sun Soldier (27)    
    Crack Shot (1)    
    Homing Missiles (5)    
    Deadman's Switch (2)    

Ship total: 35  Half Points: 18  Threshold: 2    

Black Sun Ace (41)    
    Predator (2)    
    Homing Missiles (5)    
    Deadman's Switch (2)    
    Contraband Cybernetics (3)    

Ship total: 53  Half Points: 27  Threshold: 3    

Black Sun Assassin (48)    
    Advanced Sensors (10)    
    Proton Torpedoes (13)    
    Afterburners (6)    

Ship total: 77  Half Points: 39  Threshold: 3    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z158X116W100W93WY158X116W100W93WY123X127W100W93W92WWY150XW111W136W105W&sn=Black Sun Death Squad&obs=

I have no idea just how well this will fly; the homing missiles are there to try and get good hits on a priority target early on, and then just let the Kirax and the Viper largely do what they do with the Headhunters being pests at close range.  Could be fun, could be a disaster (though still fun).

Inspired by the Autoblaster scyk thread, this will be my list of the week. Taking it to casual night tomorrow and tourney on Saturday. 

Fenn Rau (68)
Predator (2)

Ketsu Onyo (70)
Fearless (3)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Shadow Caster (3)

Serissu (40)
Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (2)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

53 minutes ago, flooze said:

Inspired by the Autoblaster scyk thread, this will be my list of the week. Taking it to casual night tomorrow and tourney on Saturday. 

Fenn Rau (68)
Predator (2)

Ketsu Onyo (70)
Fearless (3)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Shadow Caster (3)

Serissu (40)
Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (2)

looks pretty solid. i think ur going to see more lists running Fenn paired with Serissu.

Let us know how you get on. ;)

6 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

looks pretty solid. i think ur going to see more lists running Fenn paired with Serissu.

Let us know how you get on. ;)

I expect them to do good when they get the engagement right. 

Range one with Ketsu and Fenn? Should hurt a lot. 

Range two? Ketsu is sad, and Fenn is dead. 

I am expecting a ghost on Saturday, don't know how to deal with that... 

5 hours ago, ForrestGrump said:

Ya know

I picked up a heavily discounted c-roc when I first bought in.  So I DO have a M-3a I had forgotten about

Looks alot like an a-wing stat wise.... interesting

Bare it is a TIE/Ln with a shield and targeting computer that trades its 3 turns for 1 banks and looses some blues. That said they're fun to fly and 32 pts for one with a Heavy Laser Cannon is not bad for a plinker with a good bite vs large bases.

Posted (edited)

considering something like (and this is from memory so forgive me)

Graz
cartel marauder
cartel marauder
Serrisu
generic m3a

some meat, some maneuver and if points allow some dirty tricks
but this is theoretical at this point

I actually have a list worked up I am hoping to try tonight
something more like the one I been working on already

Edited by ForrestGrump

This is my List, which really stresses my friends...    and foes!

4-LOM (49)    
    Intimidation (3)    
    0-0-0 (5)    
    Feedback Array (4)    

Ship total: 61  Half Points: 31  Threshold: 5    

Asajj Ventress (74)    
    Sense (5)    
    Shadow Caster (3)    

Ship total: 82  Half Points: 41  Threshold: 5    

Lando Calrissian (Scum) (49)    
    BT-1 (2)    
    Lando's Millennium Falcon (6)    

Ship total: 57  Half Points: 29  Threshold: 6    

4-Lom Blocks and gives Auto-Dmg & Stress. (MY FAVORITE Ship in the entire Game!)

Asajj with Sense means nearly another safe Stress to an enemie, even if you predict their manouver wrong.

Lando is kind of the Cheap Shot of this List. he hit really hard on stressed enemies. I managed to get 4 Crits on a single attack to a double-stressed Decimator, which literally leave it into pieces. But sometimes it ends with an unmodded 2 Dice attack. Some kind of situational, why i allways try to double stress 1 enemie to keep the DMG up on the falcon.

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z109X122WW63W94WWY125X75WWWWW160Y90XWWWW79WWW152&sn=New Squadron&obs=

Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2019 at 11:57 PM, flooze said:

Fenn Rau (68)
Predator (2)

Ketsu Onyo (70)
Fearless (3)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Shadow Caster (3)

Serissu (40)
Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (2)

I have something 'simmilar' and want to try it this weekend.

Boba Fett (85)
Crack Shot (1)
Maul (12)
Slave I (2)

Serissu (40)
Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (2)

Talonbane Cobra (50)
Crack Shot (1)
Total: 194

Edited by Boreas Mun

Posted (edited)

I had been flying a bit of Quad Crack Assassin Vipers for Hyperspace.
It is Good, but I don't know if it is Great (especially outside of Hyperspace... toying with the idea of testing that out).
The lateral movement on them is hilarious and effective, possibly at the level of Phantoms albeit being action intensive rather than pre-movement. Their defense is also arguably better.
Opening the net up and watching an unwitting ship slip in the middle feels Super Good.
Watching individual assassins disappear in two shots/initiative killed is less good.
It is a list that wins and loses on the initial engagement/next turn, I feel. One great turn of positioning alone can put you very far ahead of the opponent... But one bad move or mis-read of the opponent will put you very deep in a hole. Also, it is Very Easy to Stress yourself every turn, and this can limit your mobility somewhat. Be careful.

I had been borrowing some of the Vipers though, I only have two...
So, when we had a fun/casual gaming afternoon, I flew the following instead:
2x Zealous Recruit Fang Fighters
2x Crack Assassins with Afterburners

A very different feel to this list.
I flew them as teams of two, sort of - One Zealot meatshield disruptor with one Viper dancing in behind.
Those Fangs are equally as squishy, but I feel just as good hurling them into clustered lanes as I do holding Vipers back for additional range. The Fang is a great choice for blocker as you kind of don't care if you miss the block and get shot at close range. Yeah, it hurts.... but you have a guaranteed defense and, perhaps a shot back. Afterburner Vipers turns the mobility from hilarious to Ludicrous. Drifting around corners as good as an Afterburner Striker, if not better.... crossing half the board in a turn.... Fantastic.
The additional cost makes for an interesting balance to the Vipers, so you want to protect them a little better.... which is why Fangs can compliment them well if you feel confident about where the opponent is going to be.

I have the feeling that I want to try three Afterburner Assassins and some form of filler (Mining Guild TIE? N'Dru Suhlak?).
The loss of firepower is real, but so is the gain in mobility. If you can cause even the most Arc Dodgy of Aces headaches with multiple arcs and hyperactive repositioning, then you have something going for you.

Edited by Vespid1311
Hyperspace

This is the list I intend to try out later today

New Squadron

(85) Boba Fett [Firespray-class Patrol Craft]
(3) Seismic Charges
(2) Qi'ra
(2) Slave I

(3) Fearless

Total points: 199

36 minutes ago, Vespid1311 said:

have the feeling that I want to try three Afterburner Assassins and some form of filler (Mining Guild TIE? N'Dru Suhlak?).
The loss of firepower is real, but so is the gain in mobility. If you can cause even the most Arc Dodgy of Aces headaches with multiple arcs and hyperactive repositioning, then you have something going for you.

I think this would be my 3x afterburner vipers + X list

Captain Seevor (30)
Predator (2)

Black Sun Assassin (48)
Predator (2)
Afterburners (6)

Black Sun Assassin (48)
Predator (2)
Afterburners (6)

Black Sun Assassin (48)
Predator (2)
Afterburners (6)

After discussing it on another thread I am gonna try this one out today

New Squadron

(38) Cartel Marauder [Kihraxz Fighter]

(30) Captain Seevor [Modified TIE/ln Fighter]

Total points: 200

On 8/5/2019 at 11:57 PM, flooze said:

Fenn Rau (68)
Predator (2)

Ketsu Onyo (70)
Fearless (3)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Shadow Caster (3)

Serissu (40)
Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (2)

Just tried this list twice. 

I have flown Ketsu a few times now, so no surprises here. She is just great, tractor tokens for the win. Get close, delete ship. Nothing more to say. 

Serissu delivers pain when the bullseye works. Unfortunately I was not able to achieve this consistently. She also is surprisingly tanky. But there is much to be learned... The limited blue maneuvers really hurt, thinking ahead would certainly help. 

Fenn is my weak point it seems. I flew him regularly in 1st and 2nd edition. Had good results in tourney with him, but I tend to put him in places he doesn't want to be. Too often. Which means he dies quick, that sucks. Won't complain about dice since I shouldn't need to roll greens with him... 

So if I take this to tourney on Saturday my goal will be to get Fenn flanking properly and to keep Ketsu and serissu close together for rerolls and tractor abuse. 

But maybe I need a replacement for Fenn.... Something more sturdy, since I am not very good at flying aces it seems 😞

10 minutes ago, flooze said:

But maybe I need a replacement for Fenn.... Something more sturdy, since I am not very good at flying aces it seems 😞

I feel like the opposite end of that spectrum, neatly fitting into the same points, is a Deadman Switch Bounty Hunter :)

6 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

I feel like the opposite end of that spectrum, neatly fitting into the same points, is a Deadman Switch Bounty Hunter :)

I was also thinking about the Firespray, indeed 

On 7/30/2019 at 4:58 PM, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Like the shadowcaster a lot and have played Ketsu and Asajj with good results... now starting to think Sabine might be worth a look. Hard to put a named shadowcaster with more than 2 ships but it is possible with some stripped back support ships. Sabine/title + Capt Seevor + Torkil is an interesting starting point... question is do you go for a 4th ship or beef up Sabine and Torkil?

Shadowcaster is one of my favorites as well. I tried Sabine with the IG crew paired up with IG-88A and 4-LOM. I love all 3 of these ships and you can build up a lot of calculates on Sabine to use her ability. I've been trying to come up with a good Asajj list but haven't been able to make one yet in 2.0. Any suggestions?

15 minutes ago, dunhop said:

Shadowcaster is one of my favorites as well. I tried Sabine with the IG crew paired up with IG-88A and 4-LOM. I love all 3 of these ships and you can build up a lot of calculates on Sabine to use her ability. I've been trying to come up with a good Asajj list but haven't been able to make one yet in 2.0. Any suggestions?

I really want to try this - I just fear that I would be rolling unmodded dice too often.

Asajj Ventress (74)    
    Sense (5)    
    Seasoned Navigator (6)    
    Shadow Caster (3)    

Black Sun Enforcer (46)    
    Advanced Sensors (10)    

Black Sun Enforcer (46)    
    Advanced Sensors (10)    

Ship total: 56  Half Points: 28  Threshold: 3    

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, dunhop said:

@dunhop this list is close to what I tried b4 the last points adjustment... contraband cost 6 then so I think I just used used a crew on Assaj but this should hit really hard at init 7-6-6 thanks to swarm tactics on Fenn.

Fenn. Swarm Tactics.

Asajj. Contraband Cybernetics. Title. Heightened Perception.

Zealous Recruit.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber