Fenn Rau
predator

Old Terach
crack shot

for 199/200

but mostly I am seeing either some variation of boba/guri
or 4 fang fighters

think I need to see what people are thinking and doing these days

I have a couple of lists that don't have either Boba or Guri..... But they aren't as good as the ones with :D

Ketsu, Old T + Kavil/Talonbane is still doing the rounds.

I've been intending to try Ketsu + 2 Col Det, Outmanoeuvre I3 Vipers. Haven't managed to get round to it, which might be a good thing....

Friend of mine faced an APT Fenn, Talonbane, Procket Torani the other week and got fairly pasted by the spike damage. I think Torani might be a bit of a sleeper. Maybe not with Prockets.... but still.

I have a loaded Zuckuss, Fenn, Talonbane list that's inordinate fun but likely not particularly competitive against a smart opponent.

Boba, Guri, Fangs though..... Thats just where it's at.

Swarm Fenn, a Recruit and AS Guri has served us well over the course of a couple store tourneys.

Boba, Emon and a ton of bombs won us our 1st store tourney just a couple weeks ago. Played 2 of the strongest opponents we ever face, one of whom regularly rubs shoulders with the best in the country, and beat both for the 1st time. If that's not the mark of a list build winning out over player ability, I don't know what is :D

Firesprays are strong.

I think there's plenty of scope for non Boba, Guri, Fang lists, but it can be quite hit and miss. Scum don't battle variance quite as well as the top dogs in other factions, outside the obvious options.

well, I do have 2 firesprays now
and 2 fangs
and 2 vypers
and 3 khirahz fighters
and 2 hawk-290s
and 2 mining ties
and a scum y-wing

and a C-roc

initially threw in all on hyperspace
but the local community deciding to go to extended after last weeks hyperspace trials
soooo there are a lot more ships out there I am barely aware of
thinking I need a lancer pursuit craft

lol

Posted (edited)

I like Ketsu a lot recently. Boba and Fenn are obviously good. Lando in escape craft and Seevor are very nice fillers. Not to forget our overlord Torkil Mux! 

Of the stuff I tried recently (not very much, but still) I liked these the most

Ketsu Onyo (70)
Fearless (3)
Maul (12)
Shadow Caster (3)

Black Sun Assassin (48)
Predator (2)
Collision Detector (6)

Black Sun Assassin (48)
Predator (2)
Collision Detector (6)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

This one is even hyperspace legal

Boba Fett (85)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Slave I (2)

Fenn Rau (68)
Predator (2)

Lando Calrissian (29)
Tactical Officer (6)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Edited by flooze

Been playing with shiny new models but Marksmanship + Autoblasters Boba must be strong.

Boba Fett (85)
Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (2)

Also, Fenn 🔥

Fenn Rau (68)
Fearless (3)

Then two options, the easy:

Lando Calrissian (29)
Predator (2)
Tactical Officer (6)

Total: 196 

The one I’m digging (💖 force):

Lando Calrissian (29)
Maul (12)

2 hours ago, ForrestGrump said:

well, I do have 2 firesprays now
and 2 fangs
and 2 vypers
and 3 khirahz fighters
and 2 hawk-290s
and 2 mining ties
and a scum y-wing

and a C-roc

initially threw in all on hyperspace
but the local community deciding to go to extended after last weeks hyperspace trials
soooo there are a lot more ships out there I am barely aware of
thinking I need a lancer pursuit craft

lol

Haha, once you start....

Also, a G1-A. Both named pilots are a lot of fun.

But you have a great selection of ships there for both formats. All have named pilots that will do a good job in a list and some of the generics provide useful platforms.

27 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Haha, once you start....

Also, a G1-A. Both named pilots are a lot of fun.

But you have a great selection of ships there for both formats. All have named pilots that will do a good job in a list and some of the generics provide useful platforms.

Oh, and I almost forgot
I obviously have Lando's millennium falcon

Not a scum player, but I have a serious question for you all:

Why aren't you flying Palob? Even without Moldy Crow, at 40 points naked Palob is an incredible support that can set up kills by removing defensive mods (and he can even jam for double the aggravation).

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to continue to hang on to my focus tokens, but is it just that scum points are awkward right now and fitting in 40 points is too difficult to do effectively?

4 minutes ago, ForrestGrump said:

well, to be honest
seems that building a ..GOOD list is easier for rebels than it is for scum.

Also Empire, Republic, Resistance and First Order. They simply have a lot more reliability built into many of their ships.

But Scum is surprisingly spiky and does have the tools to mess those guys up. But no, it's definitely not easier :D

3 minutes ago, hargleblarg said:

Not a scum player, but I have a serious question for you all:

Why aren't you flying Palob? Even without Moldy Crow, at 40 points naked Palob is an incredible support that can set up kills by removing defensive mods (and he can even jam for double the aggravation). 

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to continue to hang on to my focus tokens, but is it just that scum points are awkward right now and fitting in 40 points is too difficult to do effectively? 

truth?
cause up until now we have been pretty exclusively hyperspace
but now that the hyperspace trials was last weekend the local community has decided they wanted to open things up to play extended..

7 minutes ago, hargleblarg said:

Why aren't you flying Palob?

Personally. Don't own the ship, don't like the look of the ship and don't think it's the kind of ship I even enjoy flying. So that's that :D

But there are numerous Scum options for dice/action neutering, several of which can either bring more to the table- Old T, or simply do it for less- Seevor.

How about

Boba Fett                             -101
-concussion missiles
-proton bombs
-autoblasters
-contraband cybernetics

black sun assassin (star viper)  -49
-marksmanship

black sun assassin (star viper)  -49
-marksmanship

199/200

all the cheesy
all the cheeky dirty scummy tricks

AND they looking good doing it

@ForrestGrump thanks for starting this topic. I am always interested to see/hear what other scum lists are seeing the table.

I have been enjoying playing dengar/title/greedo in a few lists lately. have flown him with guri/adv.sensors/predator+Old Teroch and also with Fenn Rau+Bossk(switching Greedo onto Bossk).

just recently I am trying a few squads using Torkil... still tinkering and am quite undecided as to how good he is without the Moldy Crow title but i suspect he is viable either way in the right squad... will post a few more ideas later tonight. 

Like the shadowcaster a lot and have played Ketsu and Asajj with good results... now starting to think Sabine might be worth a look. Hard to put a named shadowcaster with more than 2 ships but it is possible with some stripped back support ships. Sabine/title + Capt Seevor + Torkil is an interesting starting point... question is do you go for a 4th ship or beef up Sabine and Torkil?

Posted (edited)

Torkil Mux (37)    
    Moldy Crow (18)    

Ship total: 55  Half Points: 28  Threshold: 3    

Dengar (56)    
    Greedo (1)    
    Punishing One (8)    

Ship total: 65  Half Points: 33  Threshold: 5    

Black Sun Assassin (48)    
    Predator (2)    

Ship total: 50  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 3    

Captain Seevor (30)    
Ship total: 30  Half Points: 15  Threshold: 2    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z114XWWWWW156Y115XWW83WWWW159WY150X127WWWWY247XW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

something I'm tinkering with. not brave enough to field torkil without the title just yet but if I did drop moldy crow id have the points to replace Seevor with a second star viper. dunno which would play better but both have def potential.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Torkil Mux (37)    
    Lando Calrissian (Scum) (8)    
    Moldy Crow (18)    

Ship total: 63  Half Points: 32  Threshold: 3    

Black Sun Assassin (48)    
    Crack Shot (1)    

Ship total: 49  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 3    

Old Teroch (56)    
    Crack Shot (1)    

Ship total: 57  Half Points: 29  Threshold: 2    

Captain Seevor (30)    
    Crack Shot (1)    

Ship total: 31  Half Points: 16  Threshold: 2    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z114X45WWWWW156Y150X116WWWWY98X116WY247X116W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

This could also be a well balanced list. two token stripping ships. 

Posted (edited)

Have last minute decided to take some Scum mentalism to casual night this week. Was on a Republic trip but the boy has now decided we're taking Boba and Emon out again this wknd instead, so the gloves are off!

Intensely interested to see how this plays against proper opposition, i.e. people who will see the tricks coming...

Rock and Roll

(45) Zuckuss [G-1A Starfighter]
(0) Jamming Beam
(2) Electronic Baffle
(10) Advanced Sensors
(4) Trick Shot
(2) Mist Hunter
(2) Tobias Beckett

(68) Fenn Rau [Fang Fighter]

(50) Talonbane Cobra [Kihraxz Fighter]
(1) Composure
(6) Afterburners
(6) Shield Upgrade

Total points: 196

Played this Zuckuss before, alongside Guri and Old T, but with Q'ira instead of Beckett on board. He's quite ridiculous. Squad did well enough and Zuckuss can certainly cause a swing.

Some scope for tweaking things around. I've never put the Composure/Burners trick on the table with TB before, the lack of a 3 hard might make it a bit of mission. Fearless isn't really how I fly Fenn but it's obviously a useful tool to have. TB could clearly be a lot cheaper.

Different investment with crew maybe. Idea here is clearly that Zuck builds a castle and then sits there, baffle, lock, stopping and unleashing great buckets of dice for everyone involved. Hilarity ensues.

But it's not really necessary to invest the crew slot into that as well. Curious to see how Beckett will play out though.

I may take 2 different builds. The second with changes to the TB/Fenn balance. Composure + shield > Predator + Cybernetics. Beckett > APT Fenn for even more spike!

Edited by Cuz05

well I tried running this the other night, against a buddies test rebel list
I ran this

Han- 
dengar
trick shot
L337
shield upgrade

Fenn Rau
predator

Old Terach
crack shot

199/200

He ran a
2 b-wing (ten nub and braylon strom)
1 u-wing, (Bodhi)
and a generic phoenix squadron a wing

very close game, he had the a wing with 1 hull left
and I had han with 2 hull left, and I accidentally flew off the board (in my defense, first game with the large base)

and I will say..it was a rather frustrating list to play
han just feels so...pillow fisted, with 2 attack dice and 1 defense die
and the opponent was canny enough to not let me get a trick shot off even once

I will try it again, it held its own for sure, and probably would be better with more experience
but I think I am gonna dump dengar for agile gunner and fearless on fenn rau

Played again last night

Opponent had Ig-88c

Moldy Crow with the pilot that make one ship a turn initiative 0 and a cloaking device

And a misthunter with 4-lom piloting

Just couldnt do it. Han is truly pillow fisted and the fangs certainly too fragile to be made init 0 and got lit up

The hawk has the turret and I just couldn't get out of his arc to prevent his shenanigans.  Although I finally killed him it was too late

The scum falcon just doesn't have enough fire power to take up the slack in this list when the fangs get... de...fanged 

His list had too many tricks and underhanded shenanigans and I didn't have near enough answers

List revision already underway

Posted (edited)
On 8/2/2019 at 4:12 AM, ForrestGrump said:

well I tried running this the other night, against a buddies test rebel list
I ran this

Han- 
dengar
trick shot
L337
shield upgrade

Fenn Rau
predator

Old Terach
crack shot

199/200

He ran a
2 b-wing (ten nub and braylon strom)
1 u-wing, (Bodhi)
and a generic phoenix squadron a wing

very close game, he had the a wing with 1 hull left
and I had han with 2 hull left, and I accidentally flew off the board (in my defense, first game with the large base)

and I will say..it was a rather frustrating list to play
han just feels so...pillow fisted, with 2 attack dice and 1 defense die
and the opponent was canny enough to not let me get a trick shot off even once

I will try it again, it held its own for sure, and probably would be better with more experience
but I think I am gonna dump dengar for agile gunner and fearless on fenn rau

Id swsp swap out han for dengar.

For the same points you get...

Dengar

Title

R2 astromech

Contraband cybernetics

Greedo

... in general people underestmate dengars firepower. The double tap is very strong. Yes his dial is terrible but you are durable enough to fly head on into their formation. If you see an opportunity you can occasionally slow roll b4 engagement and limit shots on him early by keeping beyond range 3 of their rear most ship or even go fast at their front ship and even if u r blocked you will get shots on the ship behind. Fenn and old teroch are great flankers and u can often bait them to chase fenn or bait and switch between these two... it will take some planning but i think u will be plesantly surprised how much carnage these 3 can cause.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Don't have dengar

At least not yet

Actually thinking of something like this

New Squadron

(64) Bounty Hunter [Firespray-class Patrol Craft]
(3) Seismic Charges
(1) Delayed Fuses

(44) Zealous Recruit [Fang Fighter]

Total points: 200

2 hours ago, ForrestGrump said:

Don't have dengar

At least not yet

Actually thinking of something like this

New Squadron

(64) Bounty Hunter [Firespray-class Patrol Craft]
(3) Seismic Charges
(1) Delayed Fuses

Total points: 200

That's a solid squad. It will take some careful planning with all low Init, but it can give and take very well in the right circumstances. Aces and alternative firing arcs can be quite frustrating for the Recruits. The Seismic Spray will help with the former though.

Lost a couple games against the First Order with Fenn, Talonbane and Zuckuss last night. It's all a bit knife-edge with the 2 fighters. Credit to my opponents, my 1st was in deep trouble and just pulled a win on the penultimate turn with half on Fenn. 

I did want to add Cikatro, Cloaking Device and Rigged Cargo to the list, but didn't have the token. Looking forward to that nonsense, I actually think it will help, lol.

But maybe after all-the-Tricks Zuckuss and 2 Cargo carrying Bounty Hunters. Because that seems like a blast. 

This Zuckuss is great. Contributed enormously to the control and demise of Kylo and then Blackout and Malarus(!) in the second. Can fire 5 dice at things fairly consistently OR less consistently with actual mods. It's a tricky balance against acey opposition. Key thing is though, green dice suck, 5v6 is not actually fair if you have a lock. Even throwing an unmodded 5v6 for several turns tires greens out.

Opponents will love the rarest of opportunities to throw 4 green with an Upsilon. Until they roll 3 blanks :D