Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Managarmr

FFG's floor rules and nose art (or other art)

Recommended Posts

Fantasy Flight Games Floor Rules
Effective July 25, 2019

"A person attending the event is wearing offensive clothing or has offensive images on 
their game materials, such as a play mat. The player must remove or cover up the 
offensive imagery or risk an upgrade to their penalty. “Offensive” in this context is:
a. Anything that could be deemed as racist, sexist, or discriminatory in any way.
b. Graphically violent/gory imagery.
c. Sexually suggestive or explicit material.
d. Strong language, i.e. swear words, slurs, etc. (keep it PG!)"

 

That is interesting. So if you go to a FFG OP event it might matter what you painted in your models. So if you have e.g. 

a) Bossk skinning a Wookie pictured on your YV (gore)

b) swear word graffitti on your model

c) kiss my ****" on the rear of a racer

d) pin-up nose art (=sexually suggestive)

the judge could issue a normal or even hard warning. So does one now, if one did possess one of the above examples, has to go up front(!)(before the event's start to avoid getting a warning) to the TO and ask if the model is appropriate and have an alternative at hand if the answer is "no"?

Not that I have any of these (and not sure if my painting skills are good enough for a and d), but what do you think?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, who gets to decide what counts under "A", as say being discriminatory?  What I see as being discriminatory, defninitely is not the same as say what YOU may think it is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Minaith said:

Nowadays literally everything "could be deemed as racist, sexist, or discriminatory in any way".

Exactly.  Back while i was doing my retirement preps for getting out the Navy (in 2011), one of our Chief's was having his OWN retirement ceremony.  His wife loves wearing a shirt she bought over in the UK saying "Sierra hotel oscar tango happens, then you get married".  She often gets people making comments about it (funny/love the shirt) at work.  BUT his SON wore it once, and got told by his boss to remove it as being sexist..??"  So its not sexist in one work place, but was seen that way in another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So ask your event Marshall about the sexy Soontir pinup in advance and if he say's it's OK then it's OK. 
Also don't write "**** Wedge" on your cards?

It's far less restrictive than you are pretending it is.

Everything can be an example of PC GONE MAD! if you want it to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Sorry sir, we think your Imperial list is sexist and racist, since they never showed either representation in the movies..."  

"Sorry sir, we find your 'fat han' list offensive to plus sized persons and Han is depicted as a deadbeat father figure in the sequels.."

 

 

 yeah, I can see this happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed Disney try to be polite in the new movies. The black, the yellow, the power girls. But aliens was sent to a second or third position with almost no minutes and no relevance on the screen. DISNEY IS HUMANIST. STOP SPECISM. I'M OFFENDED. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

"Sorry sir, we think your Imperial list is sexist and racist, since they never showed either representation in the movies..."  

"Sorry sir, we find your 'fat han' list offensive to plus sized persons and Han is depicted as a deadbeat father figure in the sequels.."

 

 

 yeah, I can see this happening

Me too..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 6:48 PM, Managarmr said:

Fantasy Flight Games Floor Rules
Effective July 25, 2019

"A person attending the event is wearing offensive clothing or has offensive images on 
their game materials, such as a play mat. The player must remove or cover up the 
offensive imagery or risk an upgrade to their penalty. “Offensive” in this context is:
a. Anything that could be deemed as racist, sexist, or discriminatory in any way.
b. Graphically violent/gory imagery.
c. Sexually suggestive or explicit material.
d. Strong language, i.e. swear words, slurs, etc. (keep it PG!)"

 

That is interesting. So if you go to a FFG OP event it might matter what you painted in your models. So if you have e.g. 

a) Bossk skinning a Wookie pictured on your YV (gore)

b) swear word graffitti on your model

c) kiss my ****" on the rear of a racer

d) pin-up nose art (=sexually suggestive)

the judge could issue a normal or even hard warning. So does one now, if one did possess one of the above examples, has to go up front(!)(before the event's start to avoid getting a warning) to the TO and ask if the model is appropriate and have an alternative at hand if the answer is "no"?

Not that I have any of these (and not sure if my painting skills are good enough for a and d), but what do you think?

 

 

 

Setting aside any rightness or wrongness or thought policing-ness of those likely purposely vague guidelines I'd just not draw any attention to such things. If you don't make a big deal of it, there seems more chance anything someone might get in a twist about flies under the radar. I certainly would not seek any sort of approval before hand. Don't ask for permission because you don't need it. Put it on others to make a stink. Put it on others to make the case that you shouldn't be allowed to have or display whatever it is you're displaying.  

All that said some practical consideration on your part is also in order. If you have to ask if something is appropriate it probably isn't. If you do something you know is inappropriate you don't get to complain about getting attention for doing it. Isn't the attention why you were doing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...