GhostofNobodyInParticular

Republic At War Rules/OC Conversation

Question: if allied space units arrive at a location and inadvertently exceed fleet limits (400/400) what happens? 

In the event of combat, does the GM simply pick which units will participate from those available maxing at 400/400? 

Obviously excess units would have to jump out the next turn...

28 minutes ago, LTD said:

Question: if allied space units arrive at a location and inadvertently exceed fleet limits (400/400) what happens? 

In the event of combat, does the GM simply pick which units will participate from those available maxing at 400/400? 

Obviously excess units would have to jump out the next turn...

Yes, excess would have to jump. In the meantime, the player with the most points supplies his entire fleet up to the maximum toward the combat, and the remainder (if there is any) is supplied by the player with the next highest fleet point count. Casualties are then divided as they would be when multiple players assault a world - a player suffers casualties proportional to the forces he contributed to the battle. So, if a side is to get 30% casualties, and two players each contributed to their side of the battle with one providing twice as many as the other, that player would suffer twice as many points lost, rounded up.

2 hours ago, Ling27 said:

I vote no.

Out of curiosity, what is your rationale?

Also, @LTD

Is it out of concern for changing a game that has already begun, because you think this will put your team at a disadvantage, etc?

The current system forces cooperation and communication rather than just having three players build stuff and hand it the fourth.

That, and my side asked this question in turn 0 and planned on the current answer being the answer.

1 hour ago, LTD said:

The current system forces cooperation and communication rather than just having three players build stuff and hand it the fourth.

So... Did any of us sign up to watch the GA play? I know I didn't... 

I don't see this as being a problem... 

5 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

For me, it's in significant part to screw over your plans, since we were playing with a handicap (i.e. legally.)

Nothing personal.

Haha Yea I know, and that's fine. And if the Entire CIS wants to be Separatists just because! So be it... 

But I will be protesting 😜

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Orders are in. I'm going to assume no change.

I know my vote doesn't matter, but I actually prefer GNIP's rules from a game design perspective. Sorry Republic.

download.jpg

Orders in.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

An addendum: If, for whatever reason, players attempt to take advantage of the rules for temporarily exceeding the fleet point cap of a planet (and, say, attempt to jump more ships into a system than allowed, in the knowledge that they'd jump away next turn anyway), any excess fleet points above the cap will be shunted to deep space of the same system. I don't know if this will have much of an effect, but it may potentially mess up plans (such as invasions that count on excess GF).