B1 Battle Droid [6]

B1 Battle Droids [36](72)
E-60R B1 Trooper [20]
B1 Battle Droid [6]
HQ Uplink [10]

Droidekas [100](100)

Droidekas [100](105)
Linked Targeting Array [5]

I know people think the CIS is weak but activation control from coordinate droid troper is actually quite strong and the synergy with strict orders and aggressive tactics is nice. I plan to have HQ uplink paired with the rocket launcher as you may as well have both recover items on the same unit. and comms uplink will allow the last droid to give their order to the droideka with linked targeting array. I played a 500 point version of this list over the weekend and it was actually quite strong as I almost always had all units with a faceup order token every round allowing them to shrug off suppression to avoid panic and gaining free surge tokens. Grievous with hunter is really strong especially on his 1 pip turn. 

On 8/10/2019 at 3:06 AM, Ralgon said:

You think you have control, until people figure out that comm jammers are more dangerous than ion to cis  battleplans

Yes I think comm jammers would have more effect that ion based on how expensive ion is, I think flamethrowers are also better against cis than ion

On 8/10/2019 at 3:06 AM, Ralgon said:

You think you have control, until people figure out that comm jammers are more dangerous than ion to cis  battleplans

Yeah but then they’re running comms jammers so you’re fine :P Maybe one day they won’t be so expensive! 

This is what I’ve been running so far for CIS. Comes to 800 on the dot. General strategy is to put an Uplink B1 on either side of the line, and each turn rotate which one starts the coordinate chain. On one pip turns, your pool is usually just the Droidekas. Anything higher than that and I've usually got full army control. Run the dekas on the flanks for maximum carnage. 

General Grievous (206)

- Aggressive Tactics

- Esteemed Leader

- Tenacity

- DT-57 "Annihilator"

Droidekas (105)

- Linked Targeting Array

Droidekas (105)

- Linked Targeting Array

B1 Battle Droids (72)

- E-60R B1 Trooper

- B1 Battle Droid

- HQ Uplink

B1 Battle Droids (72)

- E-60R B1 Trooper

- B1 Battle Droid

- HQ Uplink

B1 Battle Droids (60)

- E-5C B1 Trooper

- B1 Battle Droid

B1 Battle Droids (60)

- E-5C B1 Trooper

- B1 Battle Droid

B1 Battle Droids (60)

- E-5C B1 Trooper

- B1 Battle Droid

B1 Battle Droids (60)

- E-5C B1 Trooper

- B1 Battle Droid

I've changed mine to be similar but strict orders is very strong for droids, I prefer it over esteemed leader, I also agree people are overestimating how many people will actually take comms jammers. I highly doubt everyone will tech against droids especially since they seem to think clones are the real concern at the moment, just wait till those minimal clone units panic

On 8/14/2019 at 2:05 AM, TheHoosh said:

I've changed mine to be similar but strict orders is very strong for droids, I prefer it over esteemed leader, I also agree people are overestimating how many people will actually take comms jammers. I highly doubt everyone will tech against droids especially since they seem to think clones are the real concern at the moment, just wait till those minimal clone units panic

While your probably right on the comm jammers based on how terribly it's viewed at the moment, it works just as well vs clones.

I can very easily see it getting stapled to melee units as a counter for both factions, particularly when tauntans and  dewbacks are involved. 

4 hours ago, Ralgon said:

While your probably right on the comm jammers based on how terribly it's viewed at the moment, it works just as well vs clones.

I can very easily see it getting stapled to melee units as a counter for both factions, particularly when tauntans and  dewbacks are involved. 

Jammers being 15 points will prevent them from being a staple in "all-comers" lists. The cost needs to be reduced to 8-10 points, or range of the ability needs to be increased to 9-12" (though we don't have a 9" range option). 

I have heard good things about Tauntauns (haven't tried them yet), so they might change how I view comms in the future. 

5 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

Jammers being 15 points will prevent them from being a staple in "all-comers" lists. The cost needs to be reduced to 8-10 points, or range of the ability needs to be increased to 9-12" (though we don't have a 9" range option). 

I have heard good things about Tauntauns (haven't tried them yet), so they might change how I view comms in the future. 

Clones may adapt but it's a solid way to stop them throwing monster dice pools.  For clankers it's the difference between aim tokens and not unless they spend a lot more points giving everyone electrobinoculars.

Both armies have to keep range1 to make these shenanigans work. Even just short term when they 1st drop it's going to have a big impact on how they are list built and played.

Edited by Ralgon

On 8/10/2019 at 6:06 AM, Ralgon said:

My thoughts exactly! Can break that chain real fast.

On 9/4/2019 at 11:35 AM, Meynolt said:

My thoughts exactly! Can break that chain real fast.

with the cheaper points they are going to be a problem, focusing Tauntauns or other comms jammer units would be a priority for CIS armies

On 9/6/2019 at 9:17 AM, TheHoosh said:

with the cheaper points they are going to be a problem, focusing Tauntauns or other comms jammer units would be a priority for CIS armies

Pretty sure tauntauns are going to become the new snipers at this point. Possibly too much action economy, boat loads of range, hard to target once they are engaged and cant be ignored.

True, but dewbacks, new Vader stuff, and the upcoming tanks for the droids especially all look pretty good.  The recent point drop on comms jammer is worrisome for future separatists, we will see how that plays out.

On 9/7/2019 at 6:55 PM, Ralgon said:

Pretty sure tauntauns are going to become the new snipers at this point. Possibly too much action economy, boat loads of range, hard to target once they are engaged and cant be ignored.

I agree, when I played with them they were so good even when misplayed