The RPQ in Denver is exactly 11 days after you can buy TCW, Shoretroopers and Dewbacks at GenCon....we had to inquire if those would be considered legal. (it was ruled they are not)

19 hours ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

man i hate to say this but **** FFG.
i keep hearing that they are "trying" to quite this early release at cons. and they turn around and release not only dewbacks and shore troopers but also clone wars. which won't be out till september at best for everyone who can't get tickets or doesn't feel like paying the scaplers fee that will come from other people going.
just me ranting but this is FFG and asmodee smacking their fans in the face and punishing them for not dropping alot of money to go to the events.
**** they didn't even give the world champion this year this ability to buy it early.

Or. You could rejoice in someone else's good fortune and wait. It's not like they stole your minis to sell to these people.

15 hours ago, TheHoosh said:

Ugh, I really hope someone finds out if they will have Clone Wars Core at PAX WEST. I really would love to have this stuff for labor day weekend

I don’t believe FFG has had early releases for sale at any of the Paxes that I can recall. 

19 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

Or. You could rejoice in someone else's good fortune and wait. It's not like they stole your minis to sell to these people.

Exactly! I do not understand this mentality on the forums that because something good or cool happens to someone else, it’s somehow unfair or a slight to you the person it didn’t happen to.

I will get my minis in due time as I am able, and this early release changes nothing. If anything, it adds to the hype as we see the unspoiled contents being published online. 

I'm jealous of the people that are getting stuff early, but I don't have a problem with it happening.  I just wish they'd hurry up and give us the Clone Wars release in August, even if it meant pushing Dewbacks and Shores til September.  @DewbackScout won't like it, but the Clones were announced first.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

Exactly! I do not understand this mentality on the forums that because something good or cool happens to someone else, it’s somehow unfair or a slight to you the person it didn’t happen to.

I will get my minis in due time as I am able, and this early release changes nothing. If anything, it adds to the hype as we see the unspoiled contents being published online. 

I mean it's not complicated. 

The world isn't fair, and some people lament over it. 

Not everyone has the money or time to go to events. To those that can't it feels like FFG is incentivizing those with better circumstances and punishing those without. 

If you consider forcing people to wait a form of negative interaction (which I think is a fair assumption, I'm pretty sure 99% of "freemium" games operate off the idea that waiting isn't fun and you can pay to not wait) then to those who can't be at exclusive releases or early releases, it's a punishment. 

I'm not saying any particular side is right or wrong. The world is unfair. That's just the way it is.

Edited by Darth Sanguis

10 hours ago, Zrob314 said:

The RPQ in Denver is exactly 11 days after you can buy TCW, Shoretroopers and Dewbacks at GenCon....we had to inquire if those would be considered legal. (it was ruled they are not)

They would not be, because it’s an early release. The 11 day rule is for full releases, not con exclusives 

They're not a con exclusive, and the foundational document is non-specific in that point.  

It's a moot point anyway, I'm not going to gen con and won't have them so I'm not worried about facing them.  

20 minutes ago, Zrob314 said:

They're not a con exclusive, and the foundational document is non-specific in that point.  

It's a moot point anyway, I'm not going to gen con and won't have them so I'm not worried about facing them.  

We had to make the same ruling when the tanks came out. If it’s not a release available to the general public, it doesn’t count 

11 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

I'm jealous of the people that are getting stuff early, but I don't have a problem with it happening.  I just wish they'd hurry up and give us the Clone Wars release in August, even if it meant pushing Dewbacks and Shores til September.  @DewbackScout won't like it, but the Clones were announced first.

Eff the Clones, man. Gimme my Dewbacks!

Can't go to GenCon :(

Might be forced to (gasp) buy a Tauntaun expansion and paint it green: "counts as" Dewback.

21 hours ago, Zrob314 said:

So are the tauntauns/vets also ruled out, because of parity?

2 hours ago, Derrault said:

RPQs are formal events, so no need to wait for officially released product to go through a waiting period. TTs and Vets should be legal for all events after this Friday. 

On 7/29/2019 at 5:04 PM, drail14me said:

So Shoretroopers and Dewbacks set for Aug 30 and Clone Wars Core set Sept 27?

Why do you say September? Did you hear that somewhere? Rumours?

I know the Upcoming page isn’t very reliable, but if you just go by the dates things were entered, it would have CW out in mid to late August. Also hasn’t that happened in previous years? Something prereleases at GenCon, then we get it a month later?

Unless of course, you heard there was a delay (entirely possible in this trade war climate)?

I NEED MY CW!!🥺😳😭😫

4 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

Why do you say September? Did you hear that somewhere? Rumours?

I know the Upcoming page isn’t very reliable, but if you just go by the dates things were entered, it would have CW out in mid to late August. Also hasn’t that happened in previous years? Something prereleases at GenCon, then we get it a month later?

Unless of course, you heard there was a delay (entirely possible in this trade war climate)?

I NEED MY CW!!🥺😳😭😫

There has been nothing official.  Closest thing we've gotten was Alex and Luke saying the Clone Wars core set would be out in "late Q3" this year during the live stream.  People are just assuming that because Vets and Tauntauns will be out this week, Dewbacks and Shores will be out next month, and Clone Wars after them. 

As I said before, while I do expect that, it should be remembered that TCW core was announced before Dewbacks and Shores, it could release first.  We'll see how things shake out.  I think for balance reason, FFG really needs to stop releasing factions on opposite months.  This month should have been the corps or creature troopers for both sides, and the next GCW release the other set, rather than one faction picking up two units, the others none.  

50 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

I think for balance reason, FFG really needs to stop releasing factions on opposite months.  This month should have been the corps or creature troopers for both sides, and the next GCW release the other set, rather than one faction picking up two units, the others none.  

i think you are right about this, especially if they are going to keep to the estimated 80% Clone Wars 20% GCW release schedule.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Alpha17 said:

There has been nothing official.  Closest thing we've gotten was Alex and Luke saying the Clone Wars core set would be out in "late Q3" this year during the live stream.  People are just assuming that because Vets and Tauntauns will be out this week, Dewbacks and Shores will be out next month, and Clone Wars after them. 

As I said before, while I do expect that, it should be remembered that TCW core was announced before Dewbacks and Shores, it could release first. 

While it was announced first, I’m of the opinion that was mainly due to the timing of Adepticon.  

What is more impressive to announce and display at a major con with its own In-Flight report: Shoretroopers and Dewbacks or the Clone Wars core set?

Edited by FSD

16 hours ago, Derrault said:

That has never been a thing in Legion. The Tauntauns and Vets are releasing this week, so they should be legal. Rebels and Imperials have enough units now that adding a few more to one side shouldn't substantially shift the balance.

Also, if "parity" was a play requirement in this game, that could get absurd when taken to an extreme, like banning all Rebel and Imperial units that don't have Republic and Separatist equivalents yet.