Sign in to follow this  
pixcalcis

Question regarding an enemy in Before the Black Throne

What would be the proper way to handle a mindless dancer at an empty location during an act change?   If they do stay in play, (as it appears to me they should) which empty location do they start on after you rearrange the board?  I would expect it would be the same position on the board they previously occupied.  If so, what happens if it is on an empty location where you are instructed to put a new cosmic location during that set up.  The empty space is discarded.  Is the enemy also discarded or does it attach to the cosmic location?

If you go back and read the instructions carefully it says that any enemies on locations get shuffled in with the top 5 encounter cards in the encounter deck.

Unless you mean in an "Empty Space" location. Not sure if that's covered specifically, but I think it would work just fine to treat them like they were on a Cosmos location that got shuffled back into the Cosmos deck.

How are you guys getting them to pause on an empty space card?  Warning Shot or something?  Is that legal?  Can you Warning Shot a Mindless Dancer into an empty space?  In my two playthroughs of the scenario the only time they entered an empty space was via their hunter keyword which also allows them to keep moving until they get to a cosmos location.

If Mindless Dancers are staying out after the act reset then yeah this last scenario would be extremely hard.  My two attempts I won with 1 doom to spare and the lost with 1 doom to spare.  So in both cases it was extremely close.

Edited by phillos

56 minutes ago, phillos said:

which also allows them to keep moving until they get to a cosmos location.

Not quite, there's a once per round limit on their forced ability. So they move at most twice (if they go to an empty space the first time).

1 hour ago, Khudzlin said:

Not quite, there's a once per round limit on their forced ability. So they move at most twice (if they go to an empty space the first time).

It does say that.  I believe it never came up the first time I played since Joe was investigating and unlocking locations so quickly.  Then last night I think I just remembered their text when they came up and didn't bother reading that clause.  So they just rocketed to my investigators if they were across an empty map. 

It definitely happened to us. We discarded them and as they were not in a cosmos location, we got off easy with 1 dancer. I don’t know if it is correct but I feel that if you can get through an act quick enough and strategically enough to keep dancers in the empty spaces, you sort of deserve to be able to ditch them.

I believe it specifically states that empties are not locations but only count as space while counting location distance.

Edited by Soakman