S41X

Empire's okayest (Hyperspace 4xi4)

Greetings starpilots!

I've been out of the game for a while and looking to crowd source some opinions on a hyperspace list for upcoming events. 

TIE/sa Bomber: Major Rhymer (38 + 9)
    + Intimidation (3)
    + Adv. Proton Torpedoes (6)
TIE Advanced x1: Ved Foslo (45)

TIE Reaper: Major Vermeil (49 + 6)
    + Death Troopers (6)
TIE/sk Striker: "Countdown" (44 + 9)
    + Fifth Brother (9)

======(200/200)======

General idea is to have Countdown take point and hopefully score an opening block. Ved flanks with his flexible dial to get ATC set up. The Majors bring the noise to capitalize on bumps. Following round Rhymer pushes in to block and get his r0-2 adv proton torp off if he hasn't already, while Vermeil clogs up space with Deathtroopers making things annoying. 

Sounds good in theory. Lots of dice with decent mods, weird target priority, and a loose plan... But does it have legs? Will it get shredded by the current hyperspace meta, and what if anything will give it the most trouble? Thanks! 

53 minutes ago, S41X said:

General idea is to have Countdown take point and hopefully score an opening block. Ved flanks with his flexible dial to get ATC set up. The Majors bring the noise to capitalize on bumps. Following round Rhymer pushes in to block and get his r0-2 adv proton torp off if he hasn't already, while Vermeil clogs up space with Deathtroopers making things annoying. 

Countdown is a much better flanker than a jouster. 2 or more guns on Countdown is very dangerous as his ability can only pop for one attack.

I also think intimidation is a trap on Rhymer. Yes, he can launch a range 0 torp, but that is an edge case benefit and should not be your game plan.

I like it. But I don't know how it would do....

I've used similar things for some good results. It's a very mobile selection, but it does kinda melt to a strong joust. Rhymer really does like that coord from the Reaper, but he can also die real quick before he fires,

So, in the past, I've tried to kind of flank with Rhymer and Vermeil, or at least a very weird joust. There are enough other target choices in the list, that they can approach from an angle that forces bad options if your opponent wants to go and get them. If their answer is no thanks, that works great. If yes, and they can only take one, it can still go pretty well. 

There's lots of different ways to go. I keep wanting to put more time into it and getting distracted by shiny things.

Not sure where I'd go with it right now, tending not to play Imperials in HS. But, abandoning all I4, Maarek Stele probably subs in for Rhymer, for me. Maybe Sabacc for that horrible approach angle. Also, there is.... Turr Phennir....