Sign in to follow this  
Drasnighta

New Document - Floor Rules

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/e0/4f/e04f6d73-6e5e-4351-b067-0020f070365a/fantasy_flight_floor_rules.pdf

This is a suppliment/enhancement of the Core Event document, that goes into formal processes of infractions and penalties, as well as expectations of conduct at FFG events.

I admit that some specifics of rulings will always be controversial to some people in the manner that they are applied.

AS a TO, as a Judge, as a Marshal of Premier level events...  All I ever do, is ask you to treat your fellow players with Respect, if not Kindness.

Of course, with a smile, I would typically add "failure to Adhere so will Result in Defenestration at the earliest convenience." at this point, but, hey, Respect :)

Posted (edited)

1. A player uses vulgar or profane language or makes profane or offensive gestures towards another person.

2. A player inappropriately demands that a Judge issue a penalty to their opponent.

3. A player insults another person, be they another player, a spectator, or a tournament leader.

Okay, so hear me out.... talking MAD **** about FFG is fine then, right?

Like, for instance, let's say you're someone is holding a deep seated hatred for FFG's policy with community communication and their borderline discriminant reprinting policies, and you they decide to call the company as a whole a cornucopia of *****.  

Could you  they incur points? 

Asking for a friend. 

It's me, but who am I kidding, I'm always running the darn things. Who has the time?

Edited by Darth Sanguis

2 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

1. A player uses vulgar or profane language or makes profane or offensive gestures towards another person.

2. A player inappropriately demands that a Judge issue a penalty to their opponent.

3. A player insults another person, be they another player, a spectator, or a tournament leader.

Okay, so hear me out.... talking MAD **** about FFG is fine then, right?

Like, for instance, let's say you're someone is holding a deep seated hatred for FFG's policy with community communication and their borderline discriminant reprinting policies, and you they decide to call the company as a whole a cornucopia of *****.  

Could you  they incur points? 

Asking for a friend. 

It's me, but who am I kidding, I'm always running the darn things. Who has the time?

These points, no. But in doing so online you would likely be in breach of those policies.

In real life you would have to be careful no employee is within earshot less the assumption be that it is directed via their Person to the company’s behalf.

”No, that was a rhetorical question.”

”And I gave you a rhetorical answer!”

”... Good lord, I traded Vegeta  for this...”

15 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

It feels weird to even think about most of this stuff happening in an Armada event.  Still great to have written out though.

This looks to be a broad document to cover all FFG competitive games, I kinda feel like it was spurred by the Legion incident to get it in print. Thankfully Armada has a great community and I've never experienced any serious incidents at an event.

47 minutes ago, DragonReborn said:

This looks to be a broad document to cover all FFG competitive games, I kinda feel like it was spurred by the Legion incident to get it in print. Thankfully Armada has a great community and I've never experienced any serious incidents at an event.

What Legion incident?

Here a year ago or so we had a guy get so mad about losing every single game he played he actually flipped a table. Insta ban from the store. 

48 minutes ago, DragonReborn said:

There is a lot of deck talk, I wonder if there was a Destiny issue as well. 

1 minute ago, Darth Lupine said:

What Legion incident?

At a major event (RPQ or Nationals) a top player was able to look for a Command Token, he found it and used it. He looked at all of them and had them face down in front of him. He never shuffled them after looking and would draw his next token directly. Most do not think he did it on purpose, but he should have shuffle the tokens around or worst case used a bag. I am really surprised they do not require a bag now for command tokens.

1 minute ago, Cusm said:

At a major event (RPQ or Nationals) a top player was able to look for a Command Token, he found it and used it. He looked at all of them and had them face down in front of him. He never shuffled them after looking and would draw his next token directly. Most do not think he did it on purpose, but he should have shuffle the tokens around or worst case used a bag. I am really surprised they do not require a bag now for command tokens.

Aha. Thanks. Yeah, that's uncool. I always use a bag and give it a good shake before drawing, 

1 minute ago, Darth Lupine said:

Aha. Thanks. Yeah, that's uncool. I always use a bag and give it a good shake before drawing, 

I was at Hobby Lobby buying coin capsules and found a 4-pack of black bags for $5 and grabbed them, my son and I both needed one and the extras I keep in our Legion case for anyone else that might need one. 

Posted (edited)

I dont think the legion event was the main reason. X wing podcasts have been wanting floor rules since the introduction of rebel captive in 1.0. It spiraled out from there.

Looks like ffg finaly gave us what they wanted but this is a cover all games document. Soo i believe you will here people ask for specific floor rulings for every trigger in every game. Which wille be annoying as that will be a lot of reading

Edited by X Wing Nut

1 hour ago, X Wing Nut said:

Soo i believe you will here people ask for specific floor rulings for every trigger in every game. Which wille be annoying as that will be a lot of reading

You mean during an event?  Intentional or unintentional slow play warrants a penalty itself.  If you don’t have the level of competency requested in these rules for competitive events, and you waste enough of the TO’s time on something silly, you may be the one losing points.

No he means there’s just a few little game specific (and some universal) questions that are constantly asked to be fixed via floor rules that so far haven’t.

IE, a big semi universal one (Tgat is most often asked in XWing) is: how do you handle cocked dice?

As there is no formal rules guidance on the fact.

Armada would be the legality and use of Washers/Squad markers in game- how to adjudicate their usage.

Things that are often left to TO discretion, but are common enough they come up as questions to multiple TOs