AnarchyBoi

The future

We're coming up to 12 months since Call of the Archons was announced and with the announcement of Age of Ascension following 6 months later is any body predicting (or just crossing their fingers) for another big announcement next week?

Have you got ideas of what concepts new houses will be based on? Cowboys, Hip-Hop, Ecologists?

Which house will you miss the most when a new one comes in and which one can you not wait to see get binned?

No, I just wondered if anyone else had noticed the date coming up and had any thoughts.

For my own part, I think we will get an announcement, if not next week sometime in August.

To answer my own question, I haven't really warmed to Mars as a house.

I will wildly predict (no doubt incorrectly) that we could get a house based around A.I.

I thought going in that I wouldn't like Mars, but I've actually really liked their gameplay. My only gripe is that it would be great if 'abducting' things was more prevalent 

On 7/27/2019 at 11:02 AM, AnarchyBoi said:

I will wildly predict (no doubt incorrectly) that we could get a house based around A.I. 

I mean Logos exists with a lot of sentient robots, so...

I'd miss Mars a lot, both in art and gameplay. Brobnar and  Sanctum are the houses I'm not too in love with.

GenCon seems like a decent time to announce something new in the works. A new set could be out by next holiday season, but it would be nice if they would implement something better for store events and an online prize wall shop to spend aember shards on. I would even be fine paying for shipping.

+1 for yellow boxes

I would like to see mars fading out. To make a guess for any new houses: Maybe something like undead/necromancers/skeletons, reanimated zombies from all other houses :)

We will see.

11 hours ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

I mean Logos exists with a lot of sentient robots, so...

I'd miss Mars a lot, both in art and gameplay. Brobnar and  Sanctum are the houses I'm not too in love with.

Yeah, engage brain before typing.......

Ok then........vicious, feathery birds!

I actually am not interested in new sets or new houses at the moment. There is still plenty to explore in the first two sets. Really, two sets a year is plenty for this game.

What they really need to focus on is community building and better local organized play support (and perhaps online implementation). They need a program to support community organizers (not just game shops as honestly, this and most of their other games are supported by players not by shops). The work that goes into building a community around their games and keep them thriving is very difficult and many stores do little to help that happen.

For OP support, they need other aember awarded formats, and of course better ways to redeem aember shards. There is no reason at all they cannot have an online store in the App to redeem shards through. Between the current useless of shards for players who can't travel and the mediocre OP kits (that are both super late), OP support is horrendous and making people lose interest in playing. Fortunately, I have a great local community where we run our on events and make up our own prizes (Which is why FFG needs to recognize the community organizers). FFG should slow down on big events like Vault Tours and do more to support the majority of its players-the ones that play often in their local community and hep bring in more players.

3 hours ago, KingOfOdonata said:

I actually am not interested in new sets or new houses at the moment. There is still plenty to explore in the first two sets. Really, two sets a year is plenty for this game.

What they really need to focus on is community building and better local organized play support (and perhaps online implementation). They need a program to support community organizers (not just game shops as honestly, this and most of their other games are supported by players not by shops). The work that goes into building a community around their games and keep them thriving is very difficult and many stores do little to help that happen.

For OP support, they need other aember awarded formats, and of course better ways to redeem aember shards. There is no reason at all they cannot have an online store in the App to redeem shards through. Between the current useless of shards for players who can't travel and the mediocre OP kits (that are both super late), OP support is horrendous and making people lose interest in playing. Fortunately, I have a great local community where we run our on events and make up our own prizes (Which is why FFG needs to recognize the community organizers). FFG should slow down on big events like Vault Tours and do more to support the majority of its players-the ones that play often in their local community and hep bring in more players.

This. But I also still vote for a multiplayer set someday. 

In fact, multiplayer decks would probably be good for helping encourage community...

5 hours ago, KingOfOdonata said:

Well said.

FFG OP in general has been disastrous for a long time, not just for Keyforge. 

My local scene for Keyforge was organizing monthly and it was great. Unfortunately once weekly chainbound events started the scene completely died. It was the strangest thing. There are still several players who love the game and have their big card boxes full of decks, but the last event my FLGS ran was the AoA 5x aember launch event.

I still get weekly games in with a co-worker on my lunch break so I'm not terribly hurt for playtime, but at the same time I feel like I've barely scrapped the surface of AoA - I know I still have half of a box of AoA decks unopened.

What does this say for the future from my perspective? I still love this game, I would put it in my current top-5. I don't think I need a new set anytime soon but when one is announced and comes out I will probably buy a deck box and leave it at that. Honestly that's probably too many decks for me at this point that's what I'm willing to do.

So (tl;dr) I'd say my future outlook is optimistic, I'm just not going to be "investing" as much in the game as I did before.

On 7/27/2019 at 3:46 AM, Hammer Bastian the Courtyard Tentacle said:

Was there any official policy so far on how often a new set or expansion will come out?

May and November each year, I think was said on the stream for new sets. 

Big indeed.

kf05-08_box-spread.png

kf05_cardfan_a1-14x.png

Mars & Sanctum are out, Saurian Republic (sapient dinosaurs with the culture of Ancient Greece) and the Grand Star Alliance (with the same backstory as Star Trek: Voyager) are in.

kf05-08_diagram_a1-tokens.png

New keywords and tokens (these are not the actual wordings, just the mechanics as they were described in the announcement.):

• Ward - Place 1 ward status counter on a creature.  When the creature would be damaged or leave play, discard each ward counter instead.
  • Enrage - Place 1 enrage status counter on a creature.  A creature with an enrage counter must be used to fight, if able.  Then, remove all enrage counters from this creature.
  • Exalt - Place 1 aember from the common supply on a creature.  (As though that aember were captured.)

As for the multiple purchase options:

• Starter Box - $25.00 USD - same general content as all other sets.
  • Single Archon Pack - $10.00 USD - same as other archon decks.
  • Deluxe Archon Pack - $15.00 USD - same as Single Archon Pack but with all of the tokens 1 person needs to play.
  • Premium Box - $40.00 USD - same as a Starter Box but with a chain dial (tracker) and extra storage options.  Oh.  And stickers.

Starter Box:

kf07_spread-labeled.png

Archon Deck:

kf05_main.png

Deluxe Archon Deck:

kf06_spread-labeled.png

Premium Box:

kf08_spread-labeled.png

Okay, I've had this idea for a house for a while and I think it would be really cool. I want to see a house that focuses on artifacts. For example, it could have an artifact that let's you use one of your other artifacts out of house, or have creatures to ready exhausted artifacts.  Maybe it could return artifacts from your graveyard or let you use single use artifacts twice. Maybe it could have something for artifacts that work the same way as upgrades or something. It would be pretty hard to balance, but I think it would be really cool and bring in some new twists. As far as design goes I want to see some kind of ancient culture. Maybe like the Aztecs or Mayans or something. Or maybe Egypt. I think that they would all work well with the artifact thing because they can have ancient "Artifacts of Power" that could be like actual artifacts left over from their civilizations. It's just a thought, but I think it would be really cool.

19 hours ago, Nellac said:

Okay, I've had this idea for a house for a while and I think it would be really cool. I want to see a house that focuses on artifacts. For example, it could have an artifact that let's you use one of your other artifacts out of house, or have creatures to ready exhausted artifacts.  Maybe it could return artifacts from your graveyard or let you use single use artifacts twice. Maybe it could have something for artifacts that work the same way as upgrades or something. It would be pretty hard to balance, but I think it would be really cool and bring in some new twists. As far as design goes I want to see some kind of ancient culture. Maybe like the Aztecs or Mayans or something. Or maybe Egypt. I think that they would all work well with the artifact thing because they can have ancient "Artifacts of Power" that could be like actual artifacts left over from their civilizations. It's just a thought, but I think it would be really cool.

You certainly might get that with the Roman Dinosaur house.