Sign in to follow this  
eagletsi111

Buzz Droids Question? In middle of a game now

So I have been seeing these a lot lately.     In the middle of a game now 

What happens when a Buzz droid is launched and the target ship is surrounded by Allies, so it hits the target, but can it still be placed.      I know ships count as obstacles, so do friendly ships count for buzz droids?

Need some clarification?

Thanks,

5 minutes ago, eagletsi111 said:

So I have been seeing these a lot lately.     In the middle of a game now 

What happens when a Buzz droid is launched and the target ship is surrounded by Allies, so it hits the target, but can it still be placed.      I know ships count as obstacles, so do friendly ships count for buzz droids?

Need some clarification?

Thanks,

Perhaps some more clarity on the question:

So the buzz droid has made contact with a target ship, but there's room for it to fit in the guides? Then it goes in the guides

If the buzz droid has made contact with a target ship, but there's no room? The target takes a damage and the droid goes away.

4 minutes ago, Des Darklighter said:

If a buzz droid cannot be placed in either set of guides because there are ships/obstacles in the way, both the buzz droids and your ship suffer 1 damage (destroying the buzz droids).

Ok.    That is what I thought, but I wasn't sure if his own ships counted.     That has answered my question.    

Thanks,

4 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

I think this is incorrect.  Only if you would overlap an obstacle can you not be placed.  Overlapping multiple ships is fine!

Otherwise why would the card say 'each enemy ship at range 0'

Remote BuzzDroidSwarm

Reread the card again as it says

"You cannot overlap an object this way. If you cannot be placed at either set of guides, you and that ship each suffere 1  damage."

Objects are obstacles, devices, and ships. So the buzz droid must be able to be placed with none of those 3 objects overlapping. 

19 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

I think this is incorrect.  Only if you would overlap an obstacle can you not be placed.  Overlapping multiple ships is fine!

Otherwise why would the card say 'each enemy ship at range 0'

Remote BuzzDroidSwarm

Because it is possible (although rare) to be at R0, but not overlapping.  R0 is both overlapping and in base contact, so a ship moved in such a way that it did not land on the buzz droid, but was in base contact, you could theoretically affect 2 ships.  This almost never happens, but is theoretically possible and is likely just meant to be an inclusive passage.

13 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

If you have Buzz Droids attached to your ship, can you "scrape them off" my moving next to an object?

1) If you move through or overlap them, they are moved. If you do not move through or overlap them, they stay put. Barrel rolls are a notable way to get them off of you because of this.
2) If, after moving through/overlapping, they cannot be placed in front of you or behind you, due to obstacles, other ships, or even other remotes/devices, they are successfully "brushed off," as they take one damage. This also deals a damage to this ship, because scraping those buggers off is gonna hurt your hull a touch.

Basically, as the CIS player, your goal is to keep the Buzz Droids in the front of the ship and block potential barrel rolls. This keeps the ship moving through them every round and taking a crit at i0 engagement.

17 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

If you have Buzz Droids attached to your ship, can you "scrape them off" my moving next to an object?

If you are pointed with the front of your ship pointed at the object and are close enough that they would overlap it when they reposition then they're stuck being put in the ship's rear guides. Then you can just fly away and leave them behind. Barrel Rolls also work to get rid of them since you have to move through or overlap the buzz droids template for them to relocate.

"After an enemy ship moves through or overlaps you" does trigger if a launched droid lands under an enemy ship, right? I could see an argument for "the droid overlapped the enemy ship" rather than "the enemy ship overlapped the droid" causing the droid to not relocate. Given the rigged cargo ruling though, I'm pretty sure the droid does indeed relocate right away

33 minutes ago, gadwag said:

"After an enemy ship moves through or overlaps you" does trigger if a launched droid lands under an enemy ship, right? I could see an argument for "the droid overlapped the enemy ship" rather than "the enemy ship overlapped the droid" causing the droid to not relocate. Given the rigged cargo ruling though, I'm pretty sure the droid does indeed relocate right away

Yes, the rigged cargo ruling is the best thing we have to go on, so if you launch the buzz droid swarm such that it overlaps a ship, the buzz droid swarm is placed underneath that ship and the ship overlaps it. So if you launch a buzz droid swarm directly onto an enemy ship, it will trigger immediately.