hothorbust

What do you think the future is for Legion?

I hate having tons of heroes on the table as much or more than the next guy, but seeing Legion as a game that's supposed to provide lore is quite off, if you ask me.  It's a war game where stats are provided on cards rather than in a book; that's great, and hopefully something that doesn't change.  A "Battles of Legion" book that provides additional scenarios with maybe, just maybe thematic army builds could be cool, but it's something I don't expect to see FFG do.  

If you want to turn Legion into an RPG, do what I've done and have 3D printed figures you swap in and out as your generic commanders.  Captain Mud'ai Bouts has a long list of victories to his name, and Major Grump has a good track record from my last RPQ.

I would like to see the game become more about the troops and units, rather than movie or show characters that only briefly participate in these battles.  Jyn, Palpatine, and Sabine earn special ire, because their military contribution is extremely limited, but even Han and Chewie are a bit annoying if we go by Disney's canon.  The Jedi characters of the Clone Wars fit because they served as Generals or Commanders far more regularly than others.  If we have to get more named characters, I'd love to get ones that actually make sense to have on the battlefield.  Lando makes sense, as does Cracken or Ackbar.  For the imperials, Tarkin and Thrawn would be great to see on the table.  More generic commanders would also be cool, though I'm not sure how they'd differentiate them from the ones we have already.

@That Blasted Samophlange The flame trooper was in the gameplay footage of the new jedi video game.

I'd like to see a scum and villainy faction before we get the sequels.
I think mechanically it will really help offer a new play style to what we already have.
It will be that ideal 5th faction, that adds new scope and dimension to the game.

I'd like to see FFG continue to push unique play styles from future factions. I like what I'm seeing with clone wars, and want to see more.

I'd like to see the T-47 and AT-ST get points erratas, or simply alternate type cards (like the new luke/vader). T-47 should be approx 150 and the AT-ST should be about 175.

What I think we will get, will be RO 2019, and 2020 being monthly or bi-monthly clone wars releases. I wish they were coming faster, so everything could catch up quicker, but I think the tournament scene will be really healthy when we see a variety of factions in the game. A strong variety of faction types will help draw more and more people. Only so many people like rebels, or only like clones, or storm troopers, or droids. Adding new factions will bring in more aesthetic options, which will entice more players.

@lologrelol Personally, I think the sequel factions might make more sense as a "subfaction" of the Empire and Rebellion. I fully admit that we don't know the direction the next film will take, so it is possible it will feature a battle with a wide variety of Resistance troops, and introduce further infantry for the First Order, but I don't really see any rules elements that would strongly differentiate the Resistance from the Rebellion, or the First Order from the Empire. 

I'm not saying I don't want to see them, I'm just of the opinion that a re-skinned "Rebel Trooper" box as "Resistance Trooper" or "First Order Stormtrooper" box that is just a resculpt of the "Stormtrooper" box would be a way to introduce the sequel factions. 

Regardless, I do agree with you that I would rather see FFG flesh out a Clone Wars and/or GCW Criminal faction first.

What do I guesstimate we’ll see in the future?

- Resistance vs First Order in fall 2021. That is if Disney has not pushed for it sooner for their marketing reasons. A lot of a Resistance selections are from canon Alien races, getting around the lack of movie introduced material. (FLGSs begin to complain about SKU bloat)

- Rules Errata in 2020 to turn strike teams into attachments. (A bunch of tourney players cry out in terror of trying something different and are suddenly silenced ... because the new uber netlists are posted)

- C3PO & R2D2 as a 2 man unit in mid 2020; Imps get 4LOM & Zukuss. (Someone complains that they don’t have Dengar and IG88 yet.  I’m boggled someone cares about Dengar that much. I mean seriously... Dengar?!).

- Republic get Knight Anakin and Yoda as commanders; Seperatists get Dooku (sic) and ... don’t care really tbh... in early 2020.

- Republic get padawans Aksoka Tano and teenage creep Anakin as operatives. Seps get Jango Fett and Ventris. (Some neckbeard complains Jango is counter to fluff - no one really cares as he’s iconically cool.  Someone re-does the ‘Aliens’-guy meme with ‘Mandalorians’ to make fun of him and is called out for being mean).

-Another terrain & mission box in 2020, which continues the release cycle of one per year.  (Once again the persons complaining there no campaign rules don’t buy it)

-Wishlisting by me: SW ToR era introduced in 2023. (Just in time for EA to have totally destroyed that franchise... more so)

1 minute ago, Kwatchi said:

- Resistance vs First Order in fall 2021. That is if Disney has not pushed for it sooner for their marketing reasons. A lot of a Resistance selections are from canon Alien races, getting around the lack of movie introduced material. (FLGSs begin to complain about SKU bloat)

I'm Cool with that.  Waiting till after the Rise of Skywalker is best, though they could be done now.

3 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Rules Errata in 2020 to turn strike teams into attachments. (A bunch of tourney players cry out in terror of trying something different and are suddenly silenced ... because the new uber netlists are posted)

Hahaha!! Yes.  As long as I can take my full scout squad with sniper.  

4 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

C3PO & R2D2 as a 2 man unit in mid 2020; Imps get 4LOM & Zukuss. (Someone complains that they don’t have Dengar and IG88 yet.  I’m boggled someone cares about Dengar that much. I mean seriously... Dengar?!).

Dengar IS voices by Simon Pegg..  He collects a bounty, Goes to Chalmun’s for a pint and waits till the whole Rebellion blows over.  

6 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Republic get Knight Anakin and Yoda as commanders; Seperatists get Dooku (sic) and ... don’t care really tbh... in early 2020.

- Republic get padawans Aksoka Tano and teenage creep Anakin as operatives. Seps get Jango Fett and Ventris. (Some neckbeard complains Jango is counter to fluff - no one really cares as he’s iconically cool.  Someone re-does the ‘Aliens’-guy meme with ‘Mandalorians’ to make fun of him and is called out for being mean).

Yeah..  my complaints over Jango are leas that he is dead during the clone wars, and more that Cad Bane is inherently cooler than Jango, and has just as many tricks.

8 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Another terrain & mission box in 2020, which continues the release cycle of one per year.  (Once again the persons complaining there no campaign rules don’t buy it)

As long as the cards can be used for more than just the mini-campaign, it would be great.   For line of sight blocking terrain there are thousands of cheaper options.  

9 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Wishlisting by me: SW ToR era introduced in 2023. (Just in time for EA to have totally destroyed that franchise... more so)

As long as I get my First Order and Resistance people can have their Kotor an Tor stuff.   I'm not a fan of it at all, but gor those that are, great.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

@Tubb Both of those games are pre-Disney, back when Lucas allowed just about anyone to write "lore" for the game without really paying attention to what was being written. I'll also point out that the WEG Miniature game was an expansion to their RPG, however I will agree many other wargames have pages and pages of lore in their rulebook.

But, I will point out that almost every game you mentioned is either an original property (as far as I'm aware), or historical. There isn't another company that has to approve anything that is written, delaying releases with demand for re-writes. As far as I'm aware, everything Star Wars has to be approved by Disney. New units have to be approved to ensure the "flavour" is consistent, that the posing, armour, and weapons are acceptable. Using stuff from other games/books/TV/film that has already been approved probably has a much quicker turn around than getting approval for a completely "new" depiction. Which is possibly a big reason for the emplacement troopers being modeled as we see them in the film, rather than to match the initially released uniforms. The Heavy Weapons probably take the longest to get approved if there isn't a canonical representation of them being used by a particular unit.

Any included "lore" has to analyzed, and possibly reviewed by yet a different branch of the story group than FFG usually deals with. Disney is the reason Bothans were removed from at least the German printings of some Star Wars RPG books (I can't find confirmation on the English reprints), supposedly because they don't like the original WEG era backstory/design, and don't want to have products continuing to push that depiction prior to Disney revealing the new look/society for Bothans. And FFG's license may not even allows for them to include significant lore in non-RPG books. Heck, I know they can't produce digital versions of the rulebooks for the RPG because of the license agreement, either because that would be a "digital" Star Wars game, or some other reason. 

The newest edition of Twilight Imperium seems to only dedicate two pages to "lore," which is seems to be the new average for board games in my experience. The goal seems to be giving the players enough to set the scene, not be a mini encyclopedia that has to be skipped every time the players need to check a rule.

Just to clarify it was a Lucasarts thing that the Bothans were removed. There was a post from Pablo some time before the FFG reaction that had him saying that no where in canon had Bothans been defined, and I believe that this originally came from Lucas himself, so it should predate the Disney buyout. It was not long after this comment was made that Bothans were removed from the book.

More recently they confirmed it might not even be a species.

Edited by syrath

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, syrath said:

Just to clarify it was a Lucasarts thing that the Bothans were removed. There was a post from Pablo some time before the FFG reaction that had him saying that no where in canon had Bothans been defined, and I believe that this originally came from Lucas himself, so it should predate the Disney buyout. It was not long after this comment was made that Bothans were removed from the book.

More recently they confirmed it might not even be a species.

The Age of Rebellion removal was noted in the 2017 German release. Age of Rebellion was initially printed in 2014, Disney bought Star Wars in 2012. If it was removed due to Lucas, seems weird it happened years after the buyout, especially since the book that initially printed with Bothans was two years after the buyout. 

EDIT: Furthermore, all search results I get relating to the comments are dated in the 2017-2018 range, well after Disney purchased Lucasfilm/Arts/ ILM/etc. The Lucasfilm Story Group that Pablo Hidalgo is part of was set up by Disney to determine what is and is not canon. 

Edited by Caimheul1313

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

The Age of Rebellion removal was noted in the 2017 German release. Age of Rebellion was initially printed in 2014, Disney bought Star Wars in 2012. If it was removed due to Lucas, seems weird it happened years after the buyout, especially since the book that initially printed with Bothans was two years after the buyout. 

EDIT: Furthermore, all search results I get relating to the comments are dated in the 2017-2018 range, well after Disney purchased Lucasfilm/Arts/ ILM/etc. The Lucasfilm Story Group that Pablo Hidalgo is part of was set up by Disney to determine what is and is not canon. 

It wasn't removed due to Lucas you're misquoting me there, what I'm saying is that is that one of the quotes I remember from Pablo Hidalgo (prior to the one in 2017 where he stated quite clearly that Bothans have never been defined in any canon material and that when they do it would be the art group that would define them). I'm referring to a quote from Pablo a number of years before it where he stated that Lucas had two things that he was adamant on never to reveal and one was that he would never define Yoda's race, or who or what Bothans were.

Edit so the second quote from 2017 seems to have been related to the removal, however the first definitely was mentioned as having GL as it's source. So the storygroup may have overlooked the fact that Bothans were in the FFG books and technically shouldn't have been based on the earlier info I refer to.

Edited by syrath

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

All the games you site WEG, Star Warriors are 30+years old..  here’s the thing with WEG, they existed in a time where there was no lore so they were given free reign to do stuff. 

So of course they included lore because there was nothing, the movies were done, and no one had internet.  

As times changed, we have had the Star Wars universe fleshed out..  even if we go by the Disney Canon, which FFG is beholden to (and I personally enjoy), there is so much covered in lore.   I can read books, comics, movies, animated shows.  I am literally inundated with LORE.   In an era that I can access every snippet near immediately, do I need it in a rule book?   No.   Just give me the dang rules on how to play the game.  

FFG Is making a thematic game, but they aren't writing the Lore the selves - they are drawing on what George Lucas, Dave Filoni, Timothy Zahn, Claudia Gray, E. K. johnston, even what WEG have done, and SO many others.   These are professional writers.   

If Star Wars was still a new property that hadn't been in the collective pop culture mind for 30+ years, then yes, give us lore..  most of us are here playing this game because we love Star Wars.   We've watched the movies, read the books and comics, and played the video games.   We know what Star Wars is.   

We have access to thousands of instructional videos online if how to make terrain.   I've seen some from foam, paper maché, 3d printed..  what can a rulebook compare to that?   

Tubb..  you need to come into the 21st century for gaming.   It has changed.

Now as to the flametrooper above..  FFG is a licensee for a license that has SO much to draw from.   They are trying to include what people see in other games because they know it will sell.    They have to pay big money to have access to the Star Wars License.   In an age where people can make their own miniatures, it makes no sense to be paying for a license and then release a book with everything in it and be done with it.   Instead FFG’s business model is to interpret what is seen in other media and steadily adapt it to miniature form.   Some things they take liberties with, such as the snow trooper heavy weapons.    It is easier for the really small team that works at FFG to adapt what they see to the game instead of creat new.  While they can do it - the raider corvette is awesome - they don't need to usually.   And here’s the thing; the Raider was created for x-wing miniatures and ended up being used in novels AND a video game.   FFG saw the flameteooper in The sequel films and put it into the game.   Perhaps the people working on the video game I cited saw it in Legion said lets put it here as well.

All in all Tubb, times have changes.. you have not.   All I can say is go have fun with your 30 year old game.. that’s cool.   But don't harp on FFG for making a successful game that isn't to your liking.   Don't play it, go play something you like.

I am sorry but every other license holder out there create things... in comics, in videogames, even lego invents vehicle and new characters... even other boardgame designers (wizards of the coast) invented things that were new, although they were not specially gifted making minis...

Even THEM (ffg) have managed to create new characters and classes for Imperial Assault, they invented new named characters (Weiss, Kayn Somos, General Sorin, Agent Blaise, Captain Terro...) invented rebel saboteurs, invented alliance smugglers, and even took the old idea of ISB (created by WEG) and made a wonderful infiltrator design.

So everything you have explained is simply not true, they can do things when they need, it is only that it is easier to do it like this, or simply they do care more what their marketing department says that the needs of a real wargame.

Edited by Tubb

18 hours ago, Tubb said:

And of course we DO need lore in a rulebook, what I don't understand is a game WITHOUT LORE!!!!!

I only need/want the barest bits of lore in games usually. Too much and it feels like a straight jacket. I write my own army backgrounds and stuff, and hate being told what they can and can't be.

A big part of what made Warhammer take off was because there was NO wrong way to paint a space marine.

4 minutes ago, Tubb said:

I am sorry but every other license holder out there create things... in comics, in videogames, even lego invents vehicle and new characters... even other boardgame designers (wizards of the coast) invented things that were new, although they were not specially gifted making minis...

Even THEM (ffg) have managed to create new characters and classes for Imperial Assault, they invented new named characters (Weiss, Kayn Somos, General Sorin, Agent Blaise, Captain Terro...) invented rebel saboteurs, invented alliance smugglers, and even took the old idea of ISB (created by WEG) and made a wonderful infiltrator design.

So everything you have explained is simply not true, they can do things when they need, it is only that it is easier to do it like this, or simply they do care more what their marketing department says that the needs of a real wargame.

Honestly, if you think FFG are anywhere near the same scope as Lego or EA you are having massive delusions.    The team working on Legion is very small.  Nowhere near the scope of the near indentured servitude that EA has.  

Lets take EA’s Battlefront II.  Yes they did do a story mode.   It was what?   Maybe 5 hours (at best) of content?   All written as part of a huge multimedia event.    But once that tacked on story is done, we are left with the main game which has very little in terms of ‘Story’.    Battlefront I didn't have any story mode.   You get heroes to play, but very little substance.    This is very much is what Legion is - a head to head battle with Star Wars wallpaper.   Legion has NEVER promoted itself as anything more than this.    A head to head battle with rebels vs. empire (excluding mirror matches and the upcoming republic and CIS).    It is not going for canon, story or any sense if plot (fix those vaporators Sheev!).     

Another (mobile) video game that also resembles the thematic tone of Legion is Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes.   No plot, just choosing the characters you want to fight.  Again, a different style of game - not all games have to be story driven.

But you know what, Imperial assault, where all these characters you cite are from, IS a story driven game.   It is a dungeon crawl, set in the Star Wars universe.   The characters are made and the game is written in such a way that you have a story as you have character progression.   But FFG has already recycled assets into Legion.   Weiss is a pilot, Gideon is visualized as the generic commander.   Legion is NOT a game for innovation.  It is slightly more flavourful than Risk, but it doesn't need to be.   

Dude, this seems more and more NOT a game for you.   Play imperial assault.   You really don't seem to like Legion, as you want it to be something it is not.   You are trying to shoehorn every Star Wars game into the same design space, and that isn't going to work.   

I don't know why you are fighting so much to have Legion be something it isn't.   Everything you go on about is accomplished by Imperial assault?  (Or your defunct weg product).   Play a game that gives you joy.   Not every game creates new content, nor needs to.   There are so many games that FFG produces that offer different experiences.   The don't all need to be the same thing.    If FFG doesn't make a game you like, play something else.   

But this is the end of it for me.   I'm done with conversation, I'm going to go look longingly at the Shore trooper stat card.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, syrath said:

It wasn't removed due to Lucas you're misquoting me there, what I'm saying is that is that one of the quotes I remember from Pablo Hidalgo (prior to the one in 2017 where he stated quite clearly that Bothans have never been defined in any canon material and that when they do it would be the art group that would define them). I'm referring to a quote from Pablo a number of years before it where he stated that Lucas had two things that he was adamant on never to reveal and one was that he would never define Yoda's race, or who or what Bothans were.

Edit so the second quote from 2017 seems to have been related to the removal, however the first definitely was mentioned as having GL as it's source. So the storygroup may have overlooked the fact that Bothans were in the FFG books and technically shouldn't have been based on the earlier info I refer to.

Do you have an actual, pre-2012 citation for that? I'll buy the Yoda part, but Bothans were FULLY described and fleshed out in old canon, between the WEG RPG, many of the early books (X-wing series in particular had a Bothans pilot, some politicians, and I think special forces?) for being a hush hush secret forbidden to be described. The Wookiepedia Legends article is a compilation of the old canon on Bothans. All of the old EU was canon, it was only in 2013 after Disney established the Story Group that the definition of "canon" changed for Star Wars to exclude pretty much everything pre-2012 except for the movies, and the computer animated Clone Wars cartoon. So when the story group talks about "canon" now, that's what they mean, and yes by that definition Bothans have never appeared in canon. For that matter, neither have the Yuuzhan Vong, or quite a few other species created/fleshed out in the EU.

Edit: I do apologise for misunderstanding your earlier statement though. However, given how well defined Bothans used to be in "old canon," I can't imagine that there was any Lucas directive about not revealing information about them, unlike Yoda's species which has actually remained undefined.

Edited by Caimheul1313

40 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Do you have an actual, pre-2012 citation for that? I'll buy the Yoda part, but Bothans were FULLY described and fleshed out in old canon, between the WEG RPG, many of the early books (X-wing series in particular had a Bothans pilot, some politicians, and I think special forces?) for being a hush hush secret forbidden to be described. The Wookiepedia Legends article is a compilation of the old canon on Bothans. All of the old EU was canon, it was only in 2013 after Disney established the Story Group that the definition of "canon" changed for Star Wars to exclude pretty much everything pre-2012 except for the movies, and the computer animated Clone Wars cartoon. So when the story group talks about "canon" now, that's what they mean, and yes by that definition Bothans have never appeared in canon. For that matter, neither have the Yuuzhan Vong, or quite a few other species created/fleshed out in the EU.

Edit: I do apologise for misunderstanding your earlier statement though. However, given how well defined Bothans used to be in "old canon," I can't imagine that there was any Lucas directive about not revealing information about them, unlike Yoda's species which has actually remained undefined.

It was still post Disney but perhaps 2013 and 2014 and he was quoting 2 things that Lucas was firm on at the time before the sale. As for "old canon" Lucas never considered any of the other media to be canon , only what had been released in the films and the Clone Wars series, so as far as I can tell there have been two references to Bothans that are official canon ever, the quote from Mothma, and a reference in bloodlines to a group of them "barking" which still doesn't actually go any length to describing them physically at all.  More recent comics may have covered more. As a result of that I was even surprised to see them in the core books upon release when the quote was fresher in my mind, and I know it was post sale because it was in reference to "old canon". So ultimately Disney buying out Lucasfilm gave them the opportunity to clarify rather than  change what was official "canon" and it was only after Lucas relinquished control that other media became official. Lucas wasn't even aware of most of what went on in even the first Thraen books, and was apparently horrified that Luke got married in one of them, also the fact that something alive could be "dead or non existent" to the force was abhorrent to him, which is another thing that was added in the early thrown books. Ultimately Old canon simply did not exist, something I was angry at Lucas for at the time I discovered this, not Disney, since they did nothing to actively discourage that it was all relevant when in fact home of it ever was, even the visual dictionaries weren't "canon" at the time. 

The only canon material at the time (according to Lucas) was the original trilogy, the prequel trilogy , the Clone Wars series (the one done by Filoni, not the original, since Lucas had no hand ultimately in making those stories) and the film novelksaions (except where they differed from the film, not counting the original ANH novel "written" by Lucas himself which is also not canon ( or even written by Lucas) the book in which the Emporer was portrayed as a puppet leader whose administration is controlled by the surrounding beaurecrats and ultimately became the inspiration for Valorem rather than Palpatine. 

So even  the official novel of A New Hope (back then just Star Wars, as it had no episode number or episode sub title) was never canon, according to Mr Lucas at the very least. Can you tell I'm bitter at Lucas for having his company foster the idea it was all one big narrative when in fact that the head of said company didn't even care about it , until the media itself gathered enough support that it made the prequels possible, then I don't think he dared to contradict that belief for fear of supporting his own films.

@syrath Nope can't tell you're bitter at all 😛. Personally, I'm more bitter about the lack of theatrical versions of the original films on blu-ray. I'm lucky enough to have the DVDs with the unaltered theatrical editions as a "bonus" feature, bought when they initially released in 2006. A rare moment of foresight in my youth. 

Regardless, we should probably take this conversation elsewhere if you want to continue it rather than post fairly off topic. 

But first, two interesting articles I found on Wookiepedia that relate to how the canon and EU worked pre-Disney: Canon and EU. Honestly the post-Disney "single canon" approach is much less confusing.

Of particular note from the EU/Legends article is this passage: 

The Expanded Universe had a continuity with few wrinkles. The general rule was that nothing in the Expanded Universe was allowed to contradict any other part of the Expanded Universe or the films. The films, however, do slightly contradict the Expanded Universe on occasion, and retcons were created in the Expanded Universe to fix these contradictions. In the absence of such ad hoc solutions, the EU is considered incorrect only on the particular points of contradiction.

What this essentially says, (and is supported by other quotes from people such as Leland Chee, who has been in charge of maintaining the Holocron continuity database since 2000 for Lucasfilm, which did/does care about canon, even if George did/does not) all of the EU (including the Bothans) are canonical so long as they do not contradict the films. Since the films do not go into the nature of the Bothans, the EU cannot be considered to contradict them. If George Lucas really cared about keeping Bothans out of canon, then there was ample opportunity to do something about it after they were fleshed out in the 1990s. All it would have required is the same kind of care that was taken in preventing Yoda's species from being explored in any official media.

What I actually think we'll see is more of the same. In the longrun we'll see almost all sculpts from the two respective eras, lots of "These new UNIT A surge to KEYWORD 1! And with their new KEYWORD 2, that gets really interesting when you consider that UNIT B has KEYWORD 3 and only costs 47 points! Also UNIT C is now worthless!". Between the two they'll sell lots of plastic and cardboard.

I don't expect huge sea changes. I'd optimistically give the game an overall lifespan of around 15 years. SW minis games have had a troubled past. Eventually, licensees and licensors will disagree about something and the games end.  FFG *might* be poised to make this the new W40k but I doubt it. It's missing too much of the autonomy that makes 40k or online RPG's addictive. Autonomy, sense of progress, and belonging are the three legs of that stool. A karate studio has progress (new belts), belonging (the classmates), and nearly no autonomy. WoW or 40k has progress, autonomy, and if you fall in with a group of gamers it has belonging and even if you don't, the products project a sense that you're part of a gaming group of thousands, even if you haven't gotten a game in for months.

FFG's model (immovable stat cards, hyper-specific dice) and the Star Wars lore, between them, stifle autonomy. They are projecting that sense of belonging. Progress is inherent to the style of game as you see your painted collection growing, or as FFG fosters it through organized play. Which is also helping the sense of belonging. So with two of the 3 it can be successful but I don't think it can have the staying power of 40k or certain online games. Maybe it can though. It does get a ton of free advertising every time there's a new movie.

Posted (edited)

Honestly I want a heavy weapon/arsenal pack.  Basically ways to add new weapons to existing units.  New guns for vehicles, minis to add the arenal upgrade slot to standard corp units along with weapon upgrades, new heavy weapons for existing corp units, and more options to the personnel slot.  And like a sergeant leader upgrade similar to the imperial officer but add different effects.

Edited by chr335

13 minutes ago, chr335 said:

Honestly I want a heavy weapon/arsenal pack.  Basically ways to add new weapons to existing units.  New guns for vehicles, minis to add the arenal upgrade slot to standard corp units along with weapon upgrades, new heavy weapons for existing corp units, and more options to the personnel slot.  And like a sergeant leader upgrade similar to the imperial officer but add different effects.

I would be all for a specialists II pack that added in more heavy units.   I don't know how likely, but something like the Purge Trooper from Jedi: fallen order makes sense from what we've seen to be a heavy/unit leader upgrade.

Just keep doing more of whats happening now.  They've obviously hit something awesome.

• I'd love to see some more iconic characters for each faction.  The folks that make Star Wars, Star Wars. 
  • More variation for units - alien heads and poses (like they're doing with Grevious and Bossk)
  • I want them to keep it skirmish-based and not go into Epics that barely fit on a 3x6 and/or turn it into a million piece battles like 40K. 
  • Keep it movie and cannon based.  I'm a huge SW Fan, but I have 0 interest in keeping up the nonsense some fiction writer is cramming into RPG books to sell hardcovers.
  • After seeing what they're shipping in Warcry, and there is demand for larger models, I'd love to see some additional terrain boosters like the downed ATST.  That was a fun model to assemble and paint.

I think a unit of rebel pilots armed with pistols would be really cool, I know it is pretty unlikely but it would be dope to see the various helmets and uniforms of the pilots... I also think the trench troopers from Solo would be cool but I don’t know what the rebel counterpart would be.