EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

So with the 2 despair, Jorin is going to swivel the sidecar turret around to look for a target at an inopportune time,  and the barrels are going to catch on a street lamp or sign, rendering them unusually and causing the speeder bike to careen out of control... @Bellona/Mireska is going to have to make a 1 red 2 purple 1 black piloting check not to crash... as a reaction... this won't take an initiative slot.

:o 

... GM, you can unleash your evil GM laugh again ... :D 

(@RuusMarev Your "luck" is contagious! :))

Reaction Piloting (Plan.) w. Enhance power upgrade to avoid crash: 3eA+4eF+1eC+2eD+1eS 2 failures, 2 advantage, 1 Despair, 6 Dark Side
a-a.pnga-a-a.pnga-s.pngf-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngc-d.pngd-th.pngd-f.pngs-f.png

... This is going to hurt ...

I definitely want to use the Advantages to mitigate somehow what's coming. Maybe the crash takes us partially out of the sniper's line of sight?

If possible, I'd like to invoke Will of the Force to convert one destiny point from DS to LS.

Edited by Bellona

17 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Completely unrelated 😎Does @Bellona or anyone else want to spec the most tricked out sniper rifle allowed by RAW?  If not I can eyeball it 😈 btw you wish ventress was that easy .

(Next guess: a bounty hunter, possibly Jango. Which would not be good news either.)

I don't actually know that much about gear, attachments, and vehicles in this system, but if someone tells me where to find it then I can post it either in the Misc thread or here.

A "sniper" search in Oggdude returns only the E-11S Sniper Rifle (Enter the Unknown p. 38):

• Damage: 10
  • Critical: 3
  • Accurate 1, Pierce 2, Slow Firing 1, Cumbersome 3
  • Range: Extreme
  • Skill: Ranged (Heavy)
  • Encumbrance: 6
  • Hard Points: 3

15 minutes ago, Bellona said:

(Next guess: a bounty hunter, possibly Jango. Which would not be good news either.)

I don't actually know that much about gear, attachments, and vehicles in this system, but if someone tells me where to find it then I can post it either in the Misc thread or here.

A "sniper" search in Oggdude returns only the E-11S Sniper Rifle (Enter the Unknown p. 38):

That sniper is nasty in the right (wrong) hands.

7 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Do I need to make any rolls from my sniper nest yet?

That's coming but A) you don't know where he/she/they are because you haven't seen him/her/them yet because he/she/they haven't attacked yet. B) you didn't get the feeling that you were being watched because you weren't in the cross hairs of a scope.  But you will have the opportunity to sniper duel.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Bellona said:

You know what, I hadn't thought about using jango this soon... thanks for the idea!

So if we add a custom grip, laser sight, that can get another 2 boosts.... I seem to remember that there is a scope that can decrease the difficulty of extreme range shots... can you look for it in ogg dude's generator

(Btw expect aor sharpshooter tree talents)

Edited by EliasWindrider

40 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

You know what, I hadn't thought about using jango this soon... thanks for the idea!

So if we add a custom grip, laser sight, that can get another 2 boosts.... I seem to remember that there is a scope that can decrease the difficulty of extreme range shots... can you look for it in ogg dude's generator

(Btw expect aor sharpshooter tree talents)

Here's a sniper rifle I specced out a while ago (I love playing with attachments :D): Modded Verpine Heavy Shatter Rifle (Gunnery; 16; 2; Accurate 2, Knockdown, Pierce 6, Superior, TOS, Laser Sight, Multi-Optic Sight).

Don't know if the best you can do, but it's pretty good. And since it's a Slugthrower, does Reflect apply?

The TOS (Telescopic Optical Sight) reduces the difficulty of shots at Long/Extreme range by 1.

P.S. Sorry Jedi.

15 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

So with the 2 despair, Jorin is going to swivel the sidecar turret around to look for a target at an inopportune time,  and the barrels are going to catch on a street lamp or sign, rendering them unusually and causing the speeder bike to careen out of control... @Bellona/Mireska is going to have to make a 1 red 2 purple 1 black piloting check not to crash... as a reaction... this won't take an initiative slot.

Mireska: Now padawan, don't look, but I sense that we are being observed....

Jorin: What? Where?? (turns turret to look)

Mireska: No, I said don't... oh, @#$&@ !!! Hang on!!

Face Palm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

16 hours ago, Bellona said:

:o 

... GM, you can unleash your evil GM laugh again ... :D 

(@RuusMarev Your "luck" is contagious! :))

Reaction Piloting (Plan.) w. Enhance power upgrade to avoid crash: 3eA+4eF+1eC+2eD+1eS 2 failures, 2 advantage, 1 Despair, 6 Dark Side
a-a.pnga-a-a.pnga-s.pngf-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngc-d.pngd-th.pngd-f.pngs-f.png

... This is going to hurt ...

I definitely want to use the Advantages to mitigate somehow what's coming. Maybe the crash takes us partially out of the sniper's line of sight?

If possible, I'd like to invoke Will of the Force to convert one destiny point from DS to LS.

You can use the 2 advantages to add 2 setbacks to the next opponent's roll.

Yes to will of the force.

Now the despair... because I don't want to kill you (which with the sniper(s) present is a possibility) I won't have you take 10 damage from the crash, or have the demolitions you were carrying detonate,... instead the speeder is offline until the encounter ends and an easy mechanics check is made.

7 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Here's a sniper rifle I specced out a while ago (I love playing with attachments :D): Modded Verpine Heavy Shatter Rifle (Gunnery; 16; 2; Accurate 2, Knockdown, Pierce 6, Superior, TOS, Laser Sight, Multi-Optic Sight).

Don't know if the best you can do, but it's pretty good. And since it's a Slugthrower, does Reflect apply?

The TOS (Telescopic Optical Sight) reduces the difficulty of shots at Long/Extreme range by 1.

P.S. Sorry Jedi.

I'm going to go with the e11 with custom grip, laser sight, and TOS. So accurate 3, removes a black ,  reduces difficulty, 10 damage (before talents), crit 3. 

Reflect works against slugs, improved reflect does not.

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt so... roll for initiative I don't know how many groups your minions are split into... each group gets an initiative check.

I'll figure out how many xbox there are after you decide the number of groups your minions are split into.

Two groups + Ghost, so 3.

Any Boost since we've encountered the zombie droids and are on alert? (Camouflage and Ghost, at least)

Oh, and the minions in the other building are also split up...

For convenience, can I roll one initiative slot for Shadow (single) and Anakkona/Hawk, and just take separate turns until they group up? I'd have them try to group up ASAPWGTK (As Soon As Possible Without Getting Them Killed).

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Oh, and the minions in the other building are also split up...

For convenience, can I roll one initiative slot for Shadow (single) and Anakkona/Hawk, and just take separate turns until they group up? I'd have them try to group up ASAPWGTK (As Soon As Possible Without Getting Them Killed).

Sure... no boosts but no penalties... I'm going to say the zbx are solos...

One hit destroys one regardless of damage but a grenade doesn't take out a group because the aren't grouped.  You have to target multiple droids to kill multiple droids.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Camouflage: Initiative: 3eP 2 successes, 4 advantage
p-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.png
Ghost: Initiative: 3eA 3 successes
a-s-s.pnga-s.pnga--.png
Fury, Havoc: Initiative: 1eP+2eA 2 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.pnga-a.pnga-s-a.png
Anakkona, Hawk, Shadow: Initiative: 2eP+1eA 4 successes, 1 advantage
p-s.pngp-s-a.pnga-s-s.png

So 15 zbx, 1 hit kills 1, get creative, and spooky with descriptions,  next post will have 15 attack rolls, I'm going to do 2 green against 2 purple and a black for all of them and let you narrate the attacks (misses can be any kind of attack you want... brawl melee ranged heavy, ranged light (throws a rock) no gunnery, no lightsaber)... they do them in order rolled... I expect it will take you 3 to 5 rounds to kill all the zbx's if you need more rolls from me... just ask.

Initiative: 2eA 4 successes
a-s-s.pnga-s-s.png

Initiative: 2eA 3 successes
a-s-s.pnga-s.png

Below this line are after all Player controlled slots

Initiative: 2eA 0 successes, 3 advantage
a-a.pnga-a-a.png

Initiative: 2eA 1 success, 3 advantage
a-s-a.pnga-a-a.png

Initiative: 2eA 0 successes, 2 advantage
a-a.pnga-a.png

Initiative: 2eA 1 success, 2 advantage
a-s.pnga-a-a.png

a-s-a.pnga-a.png

Initiative: 2eA 0 successes, 2 advantage
a-a.pnga-a.png

a-a.pnga-a-a.png

a-a-a.pnga-a.png

Initiative: 2eA 2 successes
a-s.pnga-s.png

Initiative: 2eA 1 success, 1 advantage
a-a.pnga-s.png

a-a.pnga-s-a.png

Initiative: 2eA 1 success, 1 advantage
a-s.pnga-a.png

3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

So 15 zbx, 1 hit kills 1, get creative, and spooky with descriptions,  next post will have 15 attack rolls, I'm going to do 2 green against 2 purple and a black for all of them and let you narrate the attacks (misses can be any kind of attack you want... brawl melee ranged heavy, ranged light (throws a rock) no gunnery, no lightsaber)... they do them in order rolled... I expect it will take you 3 to 5 rounds to kill all the zbx's if you need more rolls from me... just ask.

Okay, will do. Any particular distribution of droids, or just wherever I want them in whatever appropriate numbers?

Zbx attack rolls, success do 8 + successes (blaster carbine), advantages spent to add black dice to next clone attack, threats give clones a boost, 1 to 1 ratio for threat/boost, advantage/setback.  The idea is that these things are reaching out from under piles of rubble grabbing ankles etc... a very shuffling gate zombie movie feel.  You get to choose whether you are engaged, at short range, or at medium range when attacking but add 1 black to the roll.

Attack clones: 2eA+2eD+1eS 0 successes, 1 advantage
a-s-s.pnga-a-a.pngd-f.pngd-f-th.pngs--.png

Attack clones: 2eA+2eD+2eS 1 failure, 2 threat
a-s.pnga--.pngd-th-th.pngd-f.pngs--.pngs-f.png

Attack clones: 2eA+2eD+1eS 0 successes
a-a-a.pnga-a.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngs-th.png

Attack clones: 2eA+2eD+1eS 2 failures
a-s.pnga-a.pngd-th.pngd-f-f.pngs-f.png

Attack clones: 2eA+2eD+1eS 1 success
a-a-a.pnga-s.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngs--.png

Attack clones: 2eA+2eD+1eS 1 success, 1 advantage
a-s-a.pnga-s-a.pngd-th.pngd-f.pngs--.png