EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt do you want a zombie droid battle and/or a jetpack vs. STAP (single trooper aerial platform) battle...  if you go up against STAPs you won't need to spend a dp to fly in battle.

I'm not sure. I think I'd prefer to fight some zombie droids in some respects, but the STAPs have their pros and cons as well. I like both and will leave it up to you. The downside to the zombie droids is the question of why we can't just blow, and then blow the buildings (unless the trick is escaping). The STAPs give us a reason to be pinned down and unable to leave the buildings we need to blow. The downside to the STAPs is vehicle speeds vs. personal-scale weapon ranges,* and fighting the droids inside the building would be interesting. Both could be an option, perhaps the objective is to do X to prevent the B-Zs from doing Y to call in reinforcements. Fail, and the STAPs show up, succeed, and they don't.

*Thought of something here that might be worth considering for when this comes up: When mixing personal-scale and planetary-scale, perhaps make it so that each move maneuver=Personal-scale maneuver*speed*3? At this speed, Speed 2 can go from 0 to Extreme in 1 maneuver, and Speed 1 can go from 0 to Medium.5 in 1 maneuver (perhaps better to just set a number, like Speed 2=6, Speed 1=4). Might be easier than trying to mix Personal-scale bands with Planetary-scale bands.
Yes, I know it slows them down a bit when compared to RAW vehicle speeds, but it should be insulated enough that it doesn't carry over, and the RAW is pretty broken in a few ways anyway as regards speed (super-sonic AT-ATs).

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

@RuusMarev @jhh3 do you four want to collaborate on the description of driving through the damaged abandoned city to find the previously described building.

Sure! The one where the clones found that zombie droid?

Edited by jhh3

1 minute ago, jhh3 said:

Sure! The one where the clones found that zombie droid?

No, this one. For the Jedi. The Jedi and clones split up.

On 4/18/2020 at 2:59 PM, EliasWindrider said:

You can narrate finding a mildly damaged (still structurally sound) 5 story building on the embankment above the river on the side of the river closer to the republic garrison, the river is mostly north/south republic on the west, cis on the east.... the north side of the building has a view of 1 bridge, the south side has a view of the other, to be able to shoot at targets under the bridge the snipers nest can't be any higher than the third floor. There is about a 5k north to south distance between the two bridges, this is pretty much halfway between them so extreme range (personal  scale) in either case.  If Ker'see/ @MrTInce doesn't have an extreme range weapon we can retcon that she/he borrowed something apparently from the garrison's armory.... I'll need stats... someone want to look them up and post them in this thread? 

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

See previous post.... btw collaborate means to discuss in thos thread and come to agreement with the other 3 jedi players before posting in the ic thread 

Can we talk about it in this thread?

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2020 at 8:59 PM, EliasWindrider said:

You can narrate finding a mildly damaged (still structurally sound) 5 story building on the embankment above the river on the side of the river closer to the republic garrison, the river is mostly north/south republic on the west, cis on the east.... the north side of the building has a view of 1 bridge, the south side has a view of the other, to be able to shoot at targets under the bridge the snipers nest can't be any higher than the third floor. There is about a 5k north to south distance between the two bridges, this is pretty much halfway between them so extreme range (personal  scale) in either case.  If Ker'see/ @MrTInce doesn't have an extreme range weapon we can retcon that she/he borrowed something apparently from the garrison's armory.... I'll need stats... someone want to look them up and post them in this thread? 

@MrTInce @RuusMarev @jhh3

From what has been described of the city so far, it sounds like it is either completely or mostly deserted.

I suggest that the building in question be an office building (as opposed to residential). Maybe we can make use of a pre-existing open floor plan to enable quick movement/easy communication between the two viewpoints, or maybe Ker'see can use her ability to see through things to find non-loadbearing walls which the Move-users (Jorin and Ethan) can then break down (again to enable movement/communication).

Edited by Bellona

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

@MrTInce @RuusMarev @jhh3

From what has been described of the city so far, it sounds like it is either completely or mostly deserted.

I suggest that the building in question be an office building (as opposed to residential). Maybe we can make use of a pre-existing open floor plan to enable quick movement/easy communication between the two viewpoints, or maybe Ker'see can use her ability to see through things to find non-loadbearing walls which the Move-users (Jorin and Ethan) can then break down (again to enable movement/communication).

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Posted (edited)

@MrTInce @RuusMarev @jhh3 @EliasWindrider

Suggested text in spoiler below, please let me know if you want any changes ...

ETA: The text below has now been posted IC (with a couple of wording changes).

Ker'see persuaded Duchess to get into one of the sidecars and hunker down without too much fuss.

The Jedi checked their coms, then quietly departed the GAR garrison on their BARCs. Using a stealthy route through a blue-green crystalline forest park, they made their way into the labyrinthine streets of downtown Chaleydonia and began to look for a promising sniper's nest. Half an hour's reconnaissance of the western riverfront area yielded an office building which had been only mildly damaged during the bombardments. Still structurally sound, it afforded a view of both the northern and southern bridges across the wide river to the east.

The speeder bikes were parked out of sight inside the ground floor lobby, and the Jedi (and nexu) ascended the stairwell beside the broken turbolifts. Although the building had five floors, Ker'see pronounced the third floor to be the most suitable sniper's nest, with the best angles to cover both bridges - particularly when shooting at targets under the bridges. (At which point someone was heard to mutter "So long as you don't shoot us.") The only drawback was that the watchers' attention had to be split between the northern view and the sourthern one. Eyeballing the distances involved, Ker'see estimated that there were approximately two and a half klicks to either target zone from the nest. In the extreme of her range, but certainly not an insurmountable distance.

Mireska looked consideringly at the internal structure of the third floor, then called the others over.

"If Ker'see can confirm the presence or absence of loadbearing elements, then maybe Ethan and Jorin could do a bit of quiet Force-assisted renovation. A more open floor plan would allow Ker'see quicker movement from one side of the building to the other, not to mention easier non-comlink communication between the two sides when the rest of us return from laying the sabotage charges and start keeping watch too."

They agreed, and the corporate headquarters of Crystal Forest Tours were quickly and creatively "remodelled". Duchess wisely kept out of the way, occasionally sneezing when the duracrete dust blew in her direction.

Ker'see then settled into a comfortable position overlooking the southern bridge, with Duchess keeping an inquisitive eye (and other senses) on the floor behind her Jedi companion. Mireska, Jorin, and Ethan went downstairs to retrieve two of the BARCs, and slipped quietly into the streets. Their first target was the southern bridge.

Edited by Bellona
IC update

4 hours ago, Bellona said:

Hide contents

Ker'see persuaded Duchess to get into one of the sidecars and hunker down without too much fuss.

The Jedi checked their coms, then quietly departed the GAR garrison on their BARCs. Using a stealthy route through a blue-green crystalline forest park, they made their way into the labyrinthine streets of downtown Chaleydonia and began to look for a promising sniper's nest. Half an hour's reconnaissance of the western riverfront area yielded an office building which had been only mildly damaged during the bombardments. Still structurally sound, it afforded a view of both the northern and southern bridges across the wide river to the east.

The speeder bikes were parked out of sight inside the ground floor lobby, and the Jedi (and nexu) ascended the stairwell beside the broken turbolifts. Although the building had five floors, Ker'see pronounced the third floor to be the most suitable sniper's nest, with the best angles to cover both bridges - particularly when shooting at targets under the bridges. (At which point someone was heard to mutter "So long as you don't shoot us.") The only drawback was that the watchers' attention had to be split between the northern view and the sourthern one. Eyeballing the distances involved, Ker'see estimated that there were approximately two and a half klicks to either target zone from the nest. In the extreme of her range, but certainly not an insurmountable distance.

Mireska looked consideringly at the internal structure of the third floor, then called the others over.

"If Ker'see can confirm the presence or absence of loadbearing elements, then maybe Ethan and Jorin could do a bit of quiet Force-assisted renovation. A more open floor plan would allow Ker'see quicker movement from one side of the building to the other, not to mention easier non-comlink communication between the two sides when the rest of us return from laying the sabotage charges and start keeping watch too."

They agreed, and the corporate headquarters of Crystal Forest Tours were quickly and creatively "remodelled". Duchess wisely kept out of the way, occasionally sneezing when the duracrete dust blew in her direction.

Ker'see then settled into a comfortable position overlooking the southern bridge, with Duchess keeping an inquisitive eye (and other senses) on the floor behind her Jedi companion. Mireska, Jorin, and Ethan went downstairs to retrieve two of the BARCs, and slipped quietly into the streets. Their first target was the southern bridge.

Fine by me

6 hours ago, Bellona said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sounds great!!

Posted (edited)

@Bellona @jhh3 @RuusMarev give me a vigilance check against a 3 red 2 purple 3 black difficulty add your force dice and if you have any talents related to perception or initiative uses of vigilance they're applicable too. White force pips can be spent for success or advantage.

In real life we're dealing with the stress of potty training our son... he's behind on speach/can't hold conversations/with follow instructions like sit on the potty bu only for 1 minute... and he doesn't want to use the potty and can/will hold it for as much as 4 hours to avoid having to use the potty.  I'm not getting my hours in and it's stressing both me and my wife out.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Vigilance (normally Mireska adds her Force dice to her Initiative checks, but you've already included those dice in the pool) ...

Vigilance: 3eA+4eF+3eC+2eP+3eS 1 advantage, 4 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
a-s-s.pnga--.pnga-s.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngc-f-f.pngc-th.pngc-th.pngp-a-a.pngp-a-a.pngs-th.pngs--.pngs-f.png

Crap. I screwed up the formula; need to remove the 2 Proficiency dice results and add 2 Difficulty dice ...

Forgot to add +2 Difficulty: 2eD 1 failure, 2 threat
d-f.pngd-th-th.png

Corrected result: 3 Successes, 4 Failures, 5 Threats, 4 LS, 3 DS = 1 Failure, 5 Threats, 4 LS, 3 DS

Final result (using 4 LS for 2 Successes and 2 Advantages, declining to use DS pips): 1 Success, 3 Threats

Note: If Mireska is targeted with a Force power, then her Calming Aura passive talent reduces the user's Force pips by 1 (presumably starting with the DS/LS type that they normally use).

4 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

In real life we're dealing with the stress of potty training our son... he's behind on speach/can't hold conversations/with follow instructions like sit on the potty bu only for 1 minute... and he doesn't want to use the potty and can/will hold it for as much as 4 hours to avoid having to use the potty.  I'm not getting my hours in and it's stressing both me and my wife out.

Good wishes and hope for less stress and more success!

18 hours ago, Bellona said:

Incoming Asajj Ventress is my guess as a player ...

Did she just use a DS destiny point, or were those just her own abilities?

Muhahaha, no it's not ventress, or is it, muhahaha 

Btw those who succeed feel like they're being watched, mireska mentioned this to Jorin, he started looking around and tipped off whoever was watching you that you know they're out there somewhere.

Posted (edited)

So with the 2 despair, Jorin is going to swivel the sidecar turret around to look for a target at an inopportune time,  and the barrels are going to catch on a street lamp or sign, rendering them unusable and causing the speeder bike to careen out of control... @Bellona/Mireska is going to have to make a 1 red 2 purple 1 black piloting check not to crash... as a reaction... this won't take an initiative slot.

@jhh3 you're roll is high enough to get the top initiative slot (he can let someone else take it), the attacker(s) will go next then 2 more pc slots.  The thing is you don't know where the attacker is so, who've takes the first slot can only take a defensive action.

Btw committing a force die to sense defense double upgrade costs an action, you could also use a maneuver to get into cover.

Edited by EliasWindrider

20 hours ago, Bellona said:

Incoming Asajj Ventress is my guess as a player ...

Did she just use a DS destiny point, or were those just her own abilities?

2 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Muhahaha, no it's not ventress, or is it, muhahaha 

Btw those who succeed feel like they're being watched, mireska mentioned this to Jorin, he started looking around and tipped off whoever was watching you that you know they're out there somewhere.

Completely unrelated 😎Does @Bellona or anyone else want to spec the most tricked out sniper rifle allowed by RAW?  If not I can eyeball it 😈 btw you wish ventress was that easy .

20 hours ago, Bellona said:

Good wishes and hope for less stress and more success!

Thanks